Just returned with partner after a weeks holiday at the Hotel Tropicana. It is in a secluded spot but just what we wanted. The added bonus of a beach attached to the hotel was a bonus. The weather was brilliant and to swim in the clear blue waters of the Med was refreshing between the hot sun! A short hop over the rocks and you were in another cove where a catamaran ran to Porto Cristo, also a road train into the town which we didn't bother to visit. Rooms were in small bungalows on the large complex. After reading previous reviews I e mailed the hotel and asked for a room number lower than 100 as it was nearer to Reception. E mail was returned and request was carried out. The room was spotless and cleaners were brilliant. Only gripe was the mattress was uncomfortable. My husband had a birthday while we were there. The cleaners spotted the cards and left a birthday note, when we went to dinner the table was laid up with flowers and a candle and he was welcolmed with "Happy Birthday" from the waitress who then produced a bottle of champagne, A lovely touch! I have stayed in 5 star All Inclusives and I have to say the food here was better than any of the 5 Stars. Varied and cooked in front of you. We have gone on to a strict diet! Free sunloungers by the pool which we did not use as we loved the beach. Plenty of pool bars with the friendliest of staff. The beach bar had snacks such as salad, burgers, sausages, pizza, cake, fruit, just in case you were hungry! 2 sittings for dinner, we opted for the later one due to the heat. Lots of families but everyone was well behaved. Apart from people walking back to their rooms and chattering on the way there were no disturbances. The Brits were in the minority, lots of Italian, Spanish, German, French. The staff slipped in and out of all languages easily and there were no problems. I cant't wait to visit a 5 Star Riu Hotel. Brilliant I would recomend this to everyone. A thumbs up to Thomson who laid on a taxi at no extra cost as we were the only ones travelling to this location on our flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Mallorca Club Hotel *** is a cosy family resort in Calas de Mallorca, perfect for travellers with kids or couples. It is an ideal choice for a holiday in contact with nature. The resort gives direct access to Cala Domingos, a lovely golden-sand beach where you can lie in the sand and swim in crystal-clear water. Located in a quiet setting where pine, olive and palm trees create a purely Mediterranean environment, the Tropicana Mallorca Club Hotel *** offers comfortable accommodation in bungalows with terrace and double rooms offering a wide variety of services, supplemented with world-class public areas that feature a gaming room, children's entertainment and evening shows, tennis courts and other sports facilities, outdoor pool with sunbathing area and children's playground, all-inclusive packages, and dining options including a buffet restaurant, a large seaside snack bar, a poolside bar and a lounge bar in the night show and entertainment area. Have a nice stay in Majorca, surrounded by all kinds of amenities and services. The Tropicana Mallorca Club Hotel *** is a resort for couples and families in search of a relaxing setting in Calas de Mallorca. Book your holiday now at the best online price guaranteed, at the Tropicana Mallorca Club Hotel *** official website. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HRS, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Hotel Tropicana Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Tropicana Hotel
- Club Hotel Tropicana Mallorca Majorca/Calas De Majorca, Spain