“Large pool , great for kids”
Review of Club Cala Romani

Club Cala Romani
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Reviewed March 24, 2013

4 of us plus the 2 grand kids went here last July (bloody hot had to run from pool to sunned as feet were burning lol )
Sloped entrance to one edge of the main pool so you can walk along the water cooling off without going right in , there also a kids pool and a toddlers pool , there's a path to the back of the hotel that leads down to the beach (quite long).
Rooms were clean and the food was ok , always find something to eat .

Room Tip: Like a lot of hotels you don't want one next to a lift shaft , heard people moaning about the no...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Daverazey
Write a ReviewReviews (3,263)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I reviewed this on trip ad and seen some bad reviews and photos well I can say me and kids enjoyed it that much were goin back this year towels bedding and rooms cleaned every day food was lovely plenty choice entertainment was for all I cud go on and on it was better than some 5 star av stayed in good for the kids

• Stayed: September 2012
13  Thank Dannyboyyy
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visited Cala Romani for a second time in June 2012. Just as good. Weather even better than year before. They had a tiger cub on site for some days unfortunately we did miss it...but was very poplular. The daytime entertainment seemed to be better this year aswell.
All the bar staff work really hard and are very helpful.
Didnt spend much time in the night time entertainment simply because we were a group of adults with no young children.
The only downside to this hotel is the entertainment on the night is inside...I much prefer the option of outside entertainment and a choice of indoor entertainment. But dont let that put you off!
Food was good...repetitive but something to fill up on.
All in all we love Calas de Mallorca and have booked up for June 2013. Wont be returning to Cala Romani simply because we fancy a change!

Room Tip: Pool views are a must - these are mainly studios though. The family rooms are situated further back...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sarah_l_g_2007
Reviewed March 11, 2013

myself and my partner when here during September 2011 for 2 weeks and it was a fabulous holiday.
The room was clean and the sheets regularly changed, although there was a little signs of ageing within the room and threw-out the hotel it wasn't a bother. I would recommend having a room with a south facing balcony as they look out over the sea and a room towards the top of the hotel out the way of any noise from the bar area.
The pool was clean although I did start getting niffed off with people putting there towels on the seats around the pool then not showing up until 2-3 in the afternoon.
The food was OK, it wasn't awesome and got rather repetitive but for the price we payed we were more than happy to eat out now and again. On that note I would say that the small town just down from the hotel is well worth a walk in the evenings, the food is good and well priced with bands normally playing in most of the bars.
The beach was a bit of a walk from the hotel, and don't do what i did and ware flip-flops all the way there they will rub. The pool was excellent! It was huge so you could have a proper swim without bumping into people every time you turned.
The staff at reception were ok but the bar staff were grate, after the 2nd day they would have my drink ready before i even got to the bar.
The evening shows were very good but they only put 2 on a week, be warned tho that if you want to get a drink while or after the show the bar was heaving, reminded me of a rugby scrum.
The location of the hotel was both a good and a bad thing, it was nice and quiet away from all road noise but the bus ride to and from the hotel took an age (about 2 hours) and if you want to go on any trips again its 1/2 day spent on a bus to go anywhere
This aside I would diffidently return hotel, It was a nice place to just go and chill out.

Room Tip: south facing room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank NeilFL
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Good location after a long transfer. No issues with sun loungers ever! Food was nice but pretty much the same as all all inclusives. Self serve drinks had lots of wasps and so did pool area but this was the fault of guests spilling drinks and not cleaning up. Pubs and restaurants in town were nice. Nice break overall

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Fillipe-flop
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife, two children and I holidayed here with our friends and their two children in June last year and had a fantastic time.We have even booked to return again this year which is a first for us as we usually like to try a different place every year.
The value for money at cala romani is excellent,it's spotlessly clean in every department,the staff are superb,great food,super entertainment and a lovely friendly,safe atmosphere that made us feel relaxed for the whole fortnight.
The resort itself is nice and quiet and like the hotel is ideal for families and couples, I would recommend the central bar, the staff there were very friendly and the prices were very reasonable.
So overall a great hotel and resort that I wouldn't hesitate in recommending to anyone.One piece of advice though make sure you book private transfers as we spoke to people who used a shuttle bus that took nearly 3 hours as opposed to the 45 minutes it took us in a taxi.

• Stayed: June 2012
12  Thank plumber79
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. I was 11 or 12 when I first went here. Ive been 3 times which says a lot. Obviously through my parents choice not mine. I am now 18 and I am going here and introducing it to all my friends. As other reviews say it really does cater for everybody!! From entertainment to activities to food! Great holiday reps-although you see them rarely when they come round theyre always great entertainers and very nice people! The hotel staff are lovely and very pleasant and they help the most they can although not all of them speak amazing or fluent english. The food is brilliant there are a rang of cuisines but its mainly english food so theres never a risk on what you eat! The hotel maintenance is brilliant its not very modern but what hotel is?!.. the Maids are good never fail to come back to a tidy room after the day! All in all I love the hotel the pool side is amazing such a big complex and plenty to do. A brilliant holiday and all inclusive is very good for drinks alcohol and they even do non alcoholic kids cocktails! Which I must admit are very yummy. The only thing is the town by it doesnt hold many night clubs but plenty of bars shops and restaurants!! Bring on Cala Romani 2013!!

• Stayed: March 2012
JS Es Corso
JS Es Corso
#4 of 7 in Portocolom
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusive
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusi...
#2 of 14 in Calas de Majorca
#6 of 14 in Calas de Majorca
Barcelo Ponent Playa
Barcelo Ponent Playa
#19 of 46 in Cala d'Or

Been to Club Cala Romani? Share your experiences!