“Shock on arrival”
Review of Globales America

Globales America
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Can I first say that I did enjoy this holiday even with the bad weather. However when we arrived at the hotel after a 2 1/2 hr bus journey we where told there was no room at the hotel and that they where sending us in a taxi to the other side of the island to a sister hotel. We had a heated discussion with the manager which did not alter anything but where only given a room because the guests which checked in before us where not happy with the room. The food was lovely but not very warm but there was a microwave. Grounds where lovely and plenty of places to sun bathe. I booked this in january and travelled in september so I don't know how they managed to overbook me. This put me off this hotel and would not be returning because of this I would not take the chance of this happening again,.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary2503
Quality M, Quality Manager at Globales America, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear guest,

We are deeply regret for all inconveniences caused, however I would like to make a little comment about some items that you mentioned in your post:

The hotel policy is not continous overbooking, we do our best to avoid this type of situation and unfortunately it happened during your stay.

We will pass on your comment to our staff, that always help us to keep working hard and make Globales America hotel a better choice for clients.

We sincerely thank you for your comments, please be assured that we will take them all into consideration.

We do hope, to have another opportunity in the near future, we would be delighted to welcome you back. If you decide to give us another chance, please do not hesitate in contact us.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Hotel is located in Calas De Mallorca which is not the busiest resort. I would suggest you also look at Cala Dor and Cala Millor. There is shops and a couple of restaurants closeby to the hotel but there all in a sqaure, there are no shops on the beach front as its all coves. There is a small park closeby but sadly no slides or swings. The hotel is also on the sea front which we found you got plagued by wasps and there seemed to be no pest control. If you do not mind wasps then you will be OK but we found them irritating flying around your food and drinks. The hotel staff are very rude, if you encounter a problem you will see this.

In terms of facilities there is a pizzeria with pizza and pasta and one restaurant, for breakfast egg and sausages are in high supply.

In terms of the rooms you should request 3rd floor or higher overlooking the beach.

I cannot fault the cleanliness apart from the problem with wasps. Beer is also San Miguel and wine by the barrell.

I personally think the hotel need to give the hotel staff some training and there are efforts that need to be made to improve this hotel.

I would not suggest October is the best month to travel to this hotel as it closes down facilities part way through the month. Entertainment is less so due to October being quiet month.

If you want to visit hotel do so before october.

I would say the hotel is more suited to families.

Tip - Do not do the sunday market.
Do - Visit Cala Millor its a very large and busy resort.

No Fitness centre here and no room service. Also there is only one english channel being bbc1 so you need to take DVD player. Do not rely on the Wi-Fi it is terrible and hardly works but I was advised by hotel staff thats the same everywhere in Majorca.

I hope you find the review helpful and that the management team take these comments seriously as this could be a great hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor overlooking the Beach, there are 8 floors in total
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Max12345England

Dear guest,

We have read your comments and suggestions about our hotel services and the attentions of workers. We feel very sorry to know that the service received was not up to your expectations.

However I would like to make a little comment about some items you mentioned at your post:

- Our hotel is located in a privileged location, all the rooms of the hotel are "sea view". We have the certificate of pest control updated, and never before have we had a complaint noting the problem with wasps.

We apologize for all inconveniences caused.

We hope to see you another time in any of the hotels of the "Globales Group", next time we'll try to provide you with better service.

Once again thank you for your comment,
Best regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a lovely holiday at this hotel in October, we've been before so we knew what to expect, the only down side to staying at the hotel America is the transfer from the airport, its too long and feel that this should be adressed. After a long day travelling the last thing you need is a transfer thats longer than the flight. We missed Johnny from the year before, he organised the entertainment and was brilliant, its a good place for a bargin break.

Room Tip: We didnt like being in the annex and would not like to be in a room over the kitchens!!
1  Thank Christine A

Dear Guest,

We apreciate your valuable feedback about your stay at our hotel.

It is really rewarding to read your positive comments and we are glad to know that your stay at Globales America Hotel was enjoyable.

About the items that you are not agree, like the duration of the transfer we will take note of them and we will pass it on to our staff.

Thank you for your preference and for recommending us on TripAdvisor.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

had a lovely week, staff friendly and helpful. hotel clean and tidy. food hot and lots of choice. good pizza bar and pool snack bar. beach fantastic great for my two year old. transfer is a bit long. but great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank carr35
Quality M, Quality Manager at Globales America, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment about our products, services and facilities, we are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will pass on your comment to our staff, they will be very happy with your words. Opinions like yours are very important to motivate our team to keep working hard every day to maintain the quality of our service.

We hope to see you again in any of the hotels of the Globales Group, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for two weeks in September, all inclusive.

We arrived at 2.30am and were sent to a rather small room but told this would only be for the one night. At 10am the following morning we were checked in to the proper room. The hotel itself is rather dated and could do with some modernisation, however this did not affect the trip.

The food was good and the menu changed daily. The only downside was the desserts, they were always very similar and it felt repetitive eating them. The drinks system was fantastic, very fast service and every guest is entitled to take 3 drinks per visit to the bar.

The entertainment was not our cup of tea, however great for families with young kids. We never had any problems with getting sun loungers in the morning and at night music ended around 11/11.30 so noise was never an issue.

The proximity of the hotel to the beach and also the resort centre is fantastic. Both are a stones throw away and we spent some time in O'Donnells irish bar. This bar is highly recommended. The value for money at Hotel America is fantastic and we would definitely consider visiting again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BelfastArchitect

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Globales America Hotel for your so valuable vacations.

Thank you very much for your good comments and reviews about the hotel, staff and services, opinions like yours are very important to keep working everyday to exceed the expectations of our customers and achieve ever greater improvement of our staff.

About the items that you are not agree, we will take note of them, because all the points are checked by our staff to know what we are doing wrong and therefore must be improved.

Hoping that you do decide to visit us in the future please accept our best regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I dont normally write reviews but felt on this occasion that I should. We booked this holiday with Ola holidays at a real bargain price. We would normally check reviews before we book, but on this occasion we didnt, and I have to say that I am very glad that we didnt because we would never have booked this hotel as most of the reviews are so scathing. We would have missed a treat had we checked the reviews before hand, so please disregard most of these reviews, because this hotel is a gem.
We flew on 20/10 with Ryanair, which was fine, if you follow their rules you will have no problems, what more can I say, its all in black and white.
We were dreading the transfer from the airport to our hotel as their were a lot of complaints about this, and yes, it did take 2 hours to get to our hotel, but it is just the luck of the draw and depends how busy your coach is and how many drop offs etc, some people on other coaches arrived in 45 mins, and likewise it took us 45 mins to return the airport the following week. When we arrived the reception staff were very polite, it was 1 am by this time so we went stright to bed. The next morning we drew back our curtains to reveal the most amazing sea view, all rooms have sea views, this is the best thing about the hotel, it is in a wonderful position, and from most seating areas on the grounds the views are amazing.
We thought that the food was lovely, ok not always piping hot, but you would be hard pressed to always get piping hot food on an all inclusive buffet style holiday. The food to our mind was plentiful and varied. The drinks were maybe a little weaker, but hey, the draught beer was san miguel, very nice indeed. The hotel was nicely decorated, and the rooms clean and modern, the maids came daily to change towels etc.
The resort is very near by and we went out on a few occasions for meals and drinks. I must mention the Indian rstaurant, fantastic, and the Cuban Mojito bar, fantastic mojitos and live Cuban music and dancing!
We also went on a Katamaran trip to Porto Cristo and the Caves of Drach or Caevas del Drach, which is well worth doing.
As far as the so called 'America bug' is concerned I'm not sure, my husband have diarrhoea for a couple of days, but didnt really feel unwell, and put it down to too much of everthing, sun, food alcohol, who knows, I really dont think it was the food, we both ate the same things and I was fine. I really would disregard the negative, nasty comments, ok we did get a bargain with this hotel, but if you dont want cheap dont book cheap and expect the Savoy, saying that I really dont think this hotel is cheap. we were just lucky with a last minute booking. I would definitely go back again, go to this lovely place and enjoy.

Room Tip: Floors 3 and up have better views.
4  Thank SaintTim

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind comments and positive feedback on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and facilities met with your expectations.

We will pass on your comments to our staff, they will be happy to read your comment, opinions like yours are very important to us to keep working hard in order to maintain the quality of our service.

We hope to welcome you back sometime in the near future and thank you for your preference.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Have you read some negative reviews about this hotel? I did, unfortunately a few days before I travelled - as usual though I went with an open mind as I know some people can be really negative and unrealistic at times.
On arrival at the hotel (husband in tow) we were allocated a triple room on the second floor, the room was slightly cramped with 3 single beds and the sea view not terrific. Feeling a little disappointed we returned to reception to request a higher floor and a double/twin room (we had requested mid floor on our booking). The friendly receptionist offered a room on the 4th or 8th floor as an alternative. Following her advice we plumped for the 8th and the view from our room was amazing. The room was bright, spacious, serviced daily and extremely clean (as was the entire hotel).

The dining tables were cleared and reset promptly and the dining room staff were helpful and efficient. The food was brought to the buffet in small quantaties at regular intervals which sometimes resulted in queues forming but at least you knew the food had not been sitting around for ages. The menu was varied and there was always lots of choice.

The choice for all inclusive drinks was the usual local brand spirits, beer and cocktails which were pleasant enough but didn't blow your head off! Some hard core drinkers had a moan about them but to be fair I was happy that they weren't getting boozed up and offending the rest of us.

Entertainment team - brilliant with the kids and a source of entertainment to the adults! Regular activities arranged for anyone who wanted to join in.

Wow, time I stopped waffling, I usually only write short reviews!

All in all - great time - lovely hotel - well fed and watered - nice staff (especially the receptionists) and a place I would return to without hesitation.

Did I mention the beach? Well, it was a very short walk and it was lovely.

Room Tip: as before, high rooms have spectacular views 90% of rooms have sea views and balconies
2  Thank Tim H

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff and management of Globales America Hotel we thank you for your kind words dedicated to our hotel.

We love to hear that we did a good job, this proves us that we are heading in the right direction. Our main compromise is to full fill all of our guest expectation and make them feel like home.

We will pass on your comments to our staff, opinions like yours are very important to us to motivate our team to keep working hard in order to maintain the quality of our service.

Once again thank you for your preference, we are looking forward to welcome you again in any of the hotels of the "Globales Group", we will be happy to help you on your next vacations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calas de Majorca
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusive
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusi...
#2 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
Sol Palmanova All Inclusive
Blau Punta Reina Resort
Blau Punta Reina Resort
#6 of 11 in Porto Cristo

Been to Globales America? Share your experiences!