TripAdvisor
Calas de Majorca
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews entertainment team snack bar plenty of sunbeds bar staff air con mama mia water carpet pool area thomas cook reps chicken wings evening entertainment onion rings bottled water plenty of choice every night great holiday coastal path
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On our last day today, home tomorrow. The entertainment team here are the best I've ever seen. The daytime activities are excellent, they are a credit to their manager. They are very approachable and I've never seen staff thrown in so much as well as jump in so much.

The snacks are constant here and the late night snacks are really good after a couple of drinks. THe other food could do with being labelled but there is a lot of choice the pizza is really good.

It's a very busy and noisy resort. People love to slam the doors and we were next to a bunch of rowers late at night, who liked to scream and throw things.

The weather was good but not a resort for me as too noisy.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

For our first ever holiday it was very nice to come to Majorca. For what we paid we didn’t really know what to expect.
The hotel was very different from how it looked on the Thomas cook website so we felt very embarrassed. The rooms are very old and need a refurbishment so don’t be surprise if the rooms are very basic. The shower is probably the most powerful shower I’ve ever been in so it did flood the bathroom most days. The housekeeping team are very good and always make sure you’re room is clean.
The food was very hit and miss some days it would be okay and other times it would be cold and bland. The activities team bring an amazing energy to the hotel and everyday they had fun activities for us to do. They seemed to always be working so we did feel sorry for them but they always had 100% energy.
All in all Majorca itself is beautiful but we’d definitely try a better hotel in the future. But for our first holiday we are happy with it!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really nice stay . First visit to resort and this hotel. Not disappointed. Food, drinks and entertainment very good. Location is close to small cove, shops and local buses. Really good value for money going All Inclusive, Only downide the Thomas Cook reps. Seemed totally disinterested and even simple questions like bus times, local attractions resulted in blank stares and advice to speak to reception. Not surprised they are likely to go bust.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Nice hotel,room a good size, comfortable beds,shower and a bath which is a bonus .the patio door was tricky to close and therefore noisy. Rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels, beds made but sane bedding for a week .our holiday cost £500 each for a week in September. If you want to see the in house entertainment you need to grab a seat early so we didn't bother .better when it's on outside as more seats ,we watched the staff do a lip sync version of we will rock you. And a professional three girl band.our view faced the pool and stage and we could see the local town .we could watch a show from the balcony .but on last night it was flamenco and very noisy when we went to bed. Food, well here we go my daughter and I are vegetarian and struggled a lot there simply wasn't an adequate choice and it was a case of making do.pancakes for breakfast or toast .there was a lot of meat and fish but in general a lot of the food just didn't taste good.the fruit juice tasted like undiluted squash.the coffee was ok, did we get value for money ? No not really. It was set out like a butlins canteen. However each meal time was on for 3 hours giving time to choose which inadequate meal you would have haha the soup when not meat tasted exactly like cup a soup.everyone we spoke to including meat eaters didnot enjoy the experience. We ate out a few times .I'm just glad we paid half I of what most people did .tried a hard boiled egg to find it was pickled! Plenty of fruit available and tinned fruit for dessert as well as cakes and cheesecake.they did a cheese board only one,rest of the time was meat.snack bar on the rest of the time, included salad,yoghurts, fruit,chips,sausages or burgers onion rings and bread. No water bottles given so buy your own to refill but nothing available after 11pm.cocktails are promised so ok.lagertasted strong.cava nice.pool a good size but no kilos allowed,not good if you want to nap as pool entertainment on fairly constant,with the staff having loud music on.shrieking through a microphone and blowing a whistle great if you love all that though and very funny to watch plenty of sunbeds.lovely walk to the gorgeous small cove beach, sadly we were only allowed in the sea once as lifeguards said it was too dangerous.quite a long walk but beautiful and there is gorgeous stray cat lives there that we fed the meat from the hotel too every day ! There is a bar just up from the beach that is stunningly done out and does gorgeous cocktails, they charge 1 euro for the loo free if you're a customer. We bought advance tickets for the glass bottom boat from the shop next to hotel and every day we walked all that way to find the sea was too rough.it will only go if sea is flat.so got a refund .don't bother buying trips from reps as they are extortionate. We got a bus direct to caves of drach for 3 euros each way and entrance was 16 euros each . Then a short walk to Porto Cristo.there were glass bottom boats you could get from there.the whole area calas de mallorca is manmade the town area is a short walk from the hotel and includes shops that we found decent, quite a few bars are restaurants including Indian and Chinese.lots of designer dupe products,leather and some nice clothing. I would say we did ok for the price in general it was a 3 *, but food on the whole really was dreadful and could have been better and every single person we spoke to said the same.for that reason would not go back to this hotel sadly

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 806nicolav
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Overall I had a great week, but the hotel definitely has a few issues.

The hotel itself is nice and most of the staff are friendly. The evening entertainment is decent, though it is loud until about 11pm so rooms facing this area may not be good for those who sleep early. Our room was clean and spacious and overlooked the pool and stage, however it was also above a rooftop with loud fans that were on all day and night. The balcony door was very stiff and had to be slammed to close, and the bar on the balcony was somewhat loose and could be dangerous.

The pool was clean and a decent size and we never had any problems getting a sunbed right next to it. My only complaint is that there is a rule against inflatables so you are not allowed lilos. If you are looking for a very relaxing holiday this is probably not the place to come as the entertainment team put on activities all day long such as volleyball, aerobics, spinning, yoga and dancing. These activities come with a lot of shouting, whistle blowing and very loud music.

The hotel has three shops and a bar right next to it. I advise going the shop furthest away. The man who works there is extremely nice and has prices way lower than the other two shops.

The location of the hotel is fantastic. The main town and main bus stop is a 5-10 minute walk: turn left out of the hotel, past the shops and bar, then left again straight down. There is mini golf, a mini farm, bars, restaurants and fantastic shops with beautiful clothes, shoes etc. One of the shops along the walk into town (I think possibly the third one you would pass) is owned by a man who stands outside - AVOID this one as he is very creepy and touched me inappropriately.

There is a beautiful cove beach with an amazing baroque bar that you can reach from the hotel. Turn right out of the main entrance and follow the path towards the hotel at the bottom. Looking at this hotel, turn right down the back alley where the bins are. Go through the little garden area and follow the path to the right. This will take you onto a coastal walk along the cliffs (about 20 minutes) towards the beach.

My biggest complaint of the hotel is the food. You get three meals a day plus a snack bar which open the rest of the time. The food wasn't very high quality, it didn't taste very nice, there wasn't a great deal of choice and it was very repetitive. I don't have very high expectations when it comes to all inclusive buffets but I was let down. The breakfast was great but the rest of the food wasn't very good. I am a vegetarian and lived on bread rolls, cheese, chips and salad. Plenty of plain meat and fish but a lot of other guests said it was under cooked. The labelling is very poor and i often grabbed things that looked veggie but actually had meat hidden inside of them. There is a 'vegetarian' section which consists of the same three vegetable side dishes every day, such as broccoli and carrots in a greasy sauce. The desserts were reasonable. Until the last day I didn't go hungry, but I definitely didn't feel satisfied as I was only eating to be full without enjoying any food which is a let down. The last day we were there, there was just nothing appealing and after eating cheese sandwiches I had put together myself for 6 days I couldn't hack another one so we went to the Chinese restaurant in town which was lovely.

The drinks are fine. The cocktails are premixed so nothing like a real cocktail but still nice alcoholic drinks. Cava, beer and spirits are included, though for premium brands you have to commit to 25 euros a day for each day you are there. You can help yourself to pop and water, though these machines are barrierred off before 11am and after 11pm - so make sure you fill a water bottle or you will have to buy another from the vending machine. Tea and coffee is available in the canteen (not restaurant!!) at breakfast but not lunch or dinner, although you can get it from the bar.

There is an excursion shop just next door and the staff are really friendly. We booked a glass bottom boat trip to the Caves of Drach but due to the weather the boat was cancelled every day. They gave us a refund and instead we got the public bus (timetables at reception) for 2,45 each way, and walked into Porto Cristo from the caves. Dead simple and a lot cheaper - would recommend doing it this way!

All in all a nice holiday. The area is lovely, but I would not go back to this hotel.

3  Thank pusheen10