I really cant believe what I am reading! My boyfriend and I retrurned from HSM Canarios Park on 29th September 2013 (sorry intended to post a review sooner). We had a lovely time here and really could not fault it, especially for how little it cost. I myself was dubious before going, as I have not been to a hotel like this for many many years, i usually go to 4/5* hotels in Egypt/Cyprus/Greece or on Caribbean cruises, so i really was expecting the worst! The hotel is kept very clean and tidy, it has a wide variety of food throughout the day and catered extremely well for me even though I am pescetarian (veggie, but eat fish). I ate something different every single day and you could even order a packed lunch the night before if you were going out for the day and would miss lunch!!! Yes there were some wasps, but easily avoidable - they were after the leftover drinks around the pool that lazy people dont throw in the bins (plenty of bins around too!). The staff spoke very good English and enjoyed talking/having a joke with you (if you make the effort to speak to them, they are happy to speak to you). A major downside unfortunately is how far this hotel is from the airport. We were lucky when we arrives, as we were the first drop off and it took only 50 minutes, but on our return journey we were on the coach for 2 hours and 15 minutes, so make sure you have some water with you and even a little somehting to eat! The hotel is a short walk to shops and its nice to have a stroll. There is a small beach which you can walk to with a Mojito bar (7.5 Euro's for a Mojito, but well worth it!!!). You can also walk to the other larger beach too, we got the free minibus one day and walked back along the long promonade and other days we just walked it. We also had a game of mini golf and got the 'ting ting' train, which was fun. The people running the entertainment programme are non-stop - there is always something to do. Correct there is no air conditioning in the rooms, but even at the end of September we didnt need it - we had a huge ceiling fan and if you keep your curtains closed during the day it will keep the sun out.
We only went for one week, but could have stayed longer (although i think two weeks would be too much here!). We went to the fire show at the Mojito bar one night on the beach, but remember to take a torch/iPhone with torch, as it is DARK! we also did a boat trip to Porto Cristo to the Caves of Drach, other than that time in the hotel around the pool (i prefered the pool at the front of the hotel by the tennis courts), or days on the beach/shopping. I could probably ramble on and on, but that would get boring, so if you want to know anything further, please contact me. I would go back to this hotel (but might book private transfers next time), I would definitely take kids to this hotel and are actually thinking of taking my boyfriends children there next year (6 and 7 years) as the would love it. I may add another post soon with some photos...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Canarios Park is especially focused on families, offering all kind of facilities and services to make the holidays unforgettable for both parents and children. All inclusive board, spacious areas to practice different sports and our fantastic entertainment team guarantee good fun. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Canarios Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Cala Antena (the closest one, 400 m away), which is distinguished by the verticality of its coast. The other 2 beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit, are located 400 m away from the village centre and 1,5 km away from the hotel (there is a free transport service to the beach Domingos Gran). In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but over the years has become more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with a cozy and up-to-date decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, ceiling fan, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony! Single rooms have a shower. There are some rooms that can allocate families with 2 children (on request). GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The extensive buffet includes a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a big variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive meal package includes (besides 3 main meals) snacks between meals and an assortment of different beverages! (Beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the whole day! FACILITIES: The hotel boasts of spacious terraces with 2 swimming pools for adults, and another one for children. The pools are surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is offered at both pools. Inside of the facilities there are large, cozy common areas, a game room, video arcades and an indoor bar. CHILDREN: Children enjoy their stay in HSM Canarios Park, as the hotel was designed with children in mind! They can play at the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by the hotel entertainers). Our funny mascot we call Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Baby cots and high chairs are also available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Various sports courts to practice tennis, football, volleyball, French bowls, squash, etc. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and mini golf in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your HSM Canarios Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Canarios Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- HSM Canarios Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca, Spain