My wife and I booked the Iberostar Cala Barca at short notice through the Thomas Cook Website. We wanted a short recuperative break in the sun within a couple of hours flying time and this seemed the best option. This was to be our third trip to the Island, the first being our honeymoon over 40 years ago and the second a visit with our young children more than 25 years ago. It is a very good location for a family holiday, and I would love to bring my own children and grandchildren here. The facilities are excellent, and all the staff seem to have a genuine concern that you are having a good time.
Although originally booked on half board, I contacted the hotel and upgraded to fully inclusive and requested a room with easy access to the central complex, which was arranged easily ( though at extra cost) and proved to be a wise choice. I would suggest that the only option here is fully inclusive, since the hotel is on its own away from other accommodation or bars.
The food choice is excellent, and the quality easily to restaurant standard. As many others have stated, booking the Medittaraneo restaurant is worthwhile if you want a more peaceful dining experience. I was not anticipating the numbers of children when I booked, but it really was no problem. The majority of families were German and Spanish, but I see this a good thing. It tends to mean the food is better. We travelled around the South andEast of the Island by car and did not see a better place.
This is the first Iberostar hotel we have been to and from this experience, they seem to be getting it right. Not the best choice for a romantic week here if you want personal service, but for a family, or for a couple like us who actually like children around, it is perfect.,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Congratulations, you have just found the Official Friendship Creator for your children: the hotel IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca. They will play and make inseparable friends here during their stay. And best of all? You will enjoy some free time while they have amazing experiences. Discover more reasons to choose our family hotel, just one minute’s walk from the beach and designed totally with children in mind. Fun for your children. Whatever their age, they will have a great time in the Miniclub, Maxiclub and Teenclub. Painting workshops, water games, handicrafts, minidisco…. They’re guaranteed to make friends! There are also dozens of shows for the whole family to enjoy, like musicals, magic shows and live music. The most comprehensive All Inclusive. This family hotel is so big and has so many facilities and restaurants that you’ll feel like you are in a small summer holiday village. Can you smell it? There is Mexican, Italian, Spanish and international cuisine. There are even food trucks and ice cream stands! And, of course, Mallorca’s most typical dishes. A thousand and one sports. At this All Inclusive hotel, you can take tennis and diving classes. You can also take part in dozens of other sporting activities such as hiking, Pilates, swimming, Zumba and archery. Holidays are the best time to do what you enjoy most! Ready, steady…, dive in! We have 8 swimming pools for all ages and a fun pool in which youngsters can enjoy a world of adventures. They can invade the castle, hide in the tunnels, slide down the water chutes or drench themselves under the big waterfall. Take a break. Try a massage with aromatherapy oils containing natural plant extracts in the SPA Sensations or enjoy a dip in the whirlpool bath with your partner while your children enjoy their activities. Just what you need! Idyllic beaches. Not only are you right on the sea front in Porto Petro, but you can also find other coves nearby in the Mondrago Natural Park. The green of the pine groves contrasting with the turquoise sea and the golden sands are sure to amaze you. Pure nature. There’s no better place than the Mondrago Natural Park to pack your rucksack and go on an excursion with your children. The kids will have the time of their lives watching the birds or seeing the waves crash against the cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Club Cala Barca Hotel Cala Mondrago
- Iberostar Cala Barca
- Iberostar Cala Mondrago
- Club Cala Barca
- IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca Cala Mondrago, Majorca