On arriving, the reception was a spotless airy area,at the check in we were given the notorious block 11,we said we were not happy with this and we were told to go and have some refreshments and come back in 30 mins.We did expecting to be disappointed,but no, they gave us a room right in the middle of the complex ,the reception staff were very good and always helpful.
We were given a family room with a living room, a microwave ,tv with 7 english channels[ itv a
nd bbc] and fridge for no extra cost.
This is a very large complex and very geared up for families and would not have been for us in say August,but in late sept most kids were back at school and it was certainly no worse than any other hotel.We have been going abroad for 35 years now,and the food here was as good as anything sampled elsewhere of good quality and taste,yes a bit samey but they tended to stick to tried and trusted dishes whiched certained worked for us.The sun bed dilema has seemed to be sorted now as the beds are left out overnight(not stacked and chained as before)and plenty of them.I even went down after 8am and got the same beds.every day.
We found the main restaurant a bit manic at peak times in the evening but there is a bookable second restaurant which is a bit quieter.This truly is an international place with no less than eight nationalities holidaying here during our stay and germans the majority guests,but not a problem for us.
Entertainment at night were dancers or singers as language dictated this,not great ,but ok most nights,Drinks were good and plenty of international brands available at no extra cost.
Lastly this is a fairly cut off resort but we knew this and a good bus service is available right outside reception ,and there are some attractive walks to other beaches and areas within 15-20 mins.
if you spend an hour having a good walk around you will find something or somewhere at this complex for you,we had a great time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Congratulations, you have just found the Official Friendship Creator for your children: the hotel IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca. They will play and make inseparable friends here during their stay. And best of all? You will enjoy some free time while they have amazing experiences. Discover more reasons to choose our family hotel, just one minute’s walk from the beach and designed totally with children in mind. Fun for your children. Whatever their age, they will have a great time in the Miniclub, Maxiclub and Teenclub. Painting workshops, water games, handicrafts, minidisco…. They’re guaranteed to make friends! There are also dozens of shows for the whole family to enjoy, like musicals, magic shows and live music. The most comprehensive All Inclusive. This family hotel is so big and has so many facilities and restaurants that you’ll feel like you are in a small summer holiday village. Can you smell it? There is Mexican, Italian, Spanish and international cuisine. There are even food trucks and ice cream stands! And, of course, Mallorca’s most typical dishes. A thousand and one sports. At this All Inclusive hotel, you can take tennis and diving classes. You can also take part in dozens of other sporting activities such as hiking, Pilates, swimming, Zumba and archery. Holidays are the best time to do what you enjoy most! Ready, steady…, dive in! We have 8 swimming pools for all ages and a fun pool in which youngsters can enjoy a world of adventures. They can invade the castle, hide in the tunnels, slide down the water chutes or drench themselves under the big waterfall. Take a break. Try a massage with aromatherapy oils containing natural plant extracts in the SPA Sensations or enjoy a dip in the whirlpool bath with your partner while your children enjoy their activities. Just what you need! Idyllic beaches. Not only are you right on the sea front in Porto Petro, but you can also find other coves nearby in the Mondrago Natural Park. The green of the pine groves contrasting with the turquoise sea and the golden sands are sure to amaze you. Pure nature. There’s no better place than the Mondrago Natural Park to pack your rucksack and go on an excursion with your children. The kids will have the time of their lives watching the birds or seeing the waves crash against the cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Club Cala Barca Hotel Cala Mondrago
- Iberostar Cala Barca
- Iberostar Cala Mondrago
- Club Cala Barca
- IBEROSTAR Club Cala Barca Cala Mondrago, Majorca