Just returned from a week's holiday at Ferrera Beach Apartments.
ROOM = We paid an additional 20Euros on arrival per night (Totalling 140) to upgrade to a superior apartment. We did not see a standard room however we knew from reading reviews that it was worth the additional. It costs 120Euros for a week to have air conditioning and a safety deposit box which are included in the superior room so was well worth paying an extra 20 for a nicer room.
FACILITIES = Being apartments as apposed to a hotel the complex is quite quiet, however it depends what type of holiday you are looking for as for myself and partner we enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere at the apartments and then went out every evening for dinner and on day trips. If you want to sit in a hotel bar til midnight then this is not for you. There are plenty of hotels in the area that offer an entertainment team, themed evenings and a bar however Ferrera Beach does not. The pool is lovely with a pool bar right next to it which was a perfect spot for getting some shade at various points in the day - the weather 1st sept until 8th was glorious, not a cloud in the sky!
LOCAL AREA = The apartments are just a 2 minute walk from the beach and 5 minutes from the small town. The town is mainly just a long strip of restaurants/bars. Some are a little too English (with pictures of the food) but others were lovely. Paparrazi in particular was gorgeous food with very friendly staff. It is Euros, however not over expensive. Day trips are a good idea if you don't drive. There is an excursions office opposite paparraxi where you can book trips to various places including MarineLand which we went to with dolphin shows and had a great time. There are also boat trips from the beach which range from short trips just on the boat or alternatively trips where get dropped off in different areas for a few hours and then the boat picks you back up in the afternoon -these were great.
Probably wouldn't go back as it's a small area you can only really do it once but thoroughly enjoyed it and if you want to see some of Mallorca without being in clubby resorts such as Magaluf then Cala D'or is lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ferrera Beach is an Apartment complex located in southeast Mallorca, next to Cala Ferrera beach, in Cala d’Or. Being modern, functional and eco-friendly in its design, the complex blends in harmoniously with the natural beauty of the area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ferrera Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ferrera Beach Apartments Hotel Cala d`Or
- Ferrera Beach Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca