“When can we go again?!”

Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Cala d'Or
Goole, United Kingdom
“When can we go again?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

What a fab hol, we took two young children and stayed self catering, the complex was brilliant, so geared to children, play areas, 3 swimming pools with children's sections and a really shallow baby pool separate from the main pools. The rooms are basic but clean, unfortunately just have a hob, no oven and you have to pay extra for kettle and toaster but plenty of places to eat in the evenings. Beach is couple of mins walk away and beautiful, safe for children and the fruit from the fruity man is excellent. Definitely would go back.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Ros W

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just got back from a week at the Ses Cases Dor, and it was pretty much as expected, nice large apartment and a nice pool, the apartments are located in the rear of the Club Marthas complex where it is much quieter, check in was quick and easy, cannot comment on the food as we ate out, bar prices were a bit up and down depending on what you were drinking.

Good Points

Nice quiet pool
Large apartment
Very Clean on arrival
3 mins to a beach
2 mins to nice bars
Free air conditioning (not sure we were supposed to have this)

Bad Points

Entertainment in Club Marthas very poor (6 teenagers miming to varios songs) but ok if you have little ones

Hiring of a kettle (do what we did and take own)

Cleaners are a hit or miss

All in all we had a great holiday in a nice complex, and if you want to lay by the pool and use it as a base it is ideal

Steve

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Steven K
clubmarthas, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Aparthotel Ses Cases d'Or, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We appréciate the comments, as they come in so useful for any people that are in doubt as to whether Ses Cases d'Or is suitable for them. We hope you will consider a return to us, in the not too distant future.
Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We booked this late with two weeks to go after travel republic made a mess of our booking. We booked through Monarch and got a great deal.
No more than 5 minutes from cala egos center/taxi rank and less than ten minutes from a choice of two coves.We had requested a top floor apartment but ended up on gound floor,ovelooking pool which turned out to be perfect as kids could swim most of day while we watched.
Point to note..pool gaurd seems to walk by hourly but like all pools you need to take responsibility for your own kids.
Our first morning was greeted with every sunbed reserved by towels so if you want a sunbed you need to join in and reserve which I have never agreed with!

The accomodation itself is clean but very basic....our apt had a towel in fridge when we arrived and clothes labels/fag packets on top shelf of wardrobe,however overall impression was one of good standard of cleaning.
Dont get too carried away with self catering....no bowls in apt so we used cups instead and no oven...toaster and kettle extra charge.

Pool was fantastic and not overcrowded,unlike the one at club martha.

Single biggest issue was noise.....entertaiment went on to around 2400hrs each night but that was fine,however after that we had kids screaming and playing football around pool area until about 0100hrs,things didn`t really die down until 0200hrs so if you are a light sleeper and like an early night forget it. Fortunately we like a late night but it got tiresome after a while with the parents finding it funny the kids were shouting and screaming.

Even worse was the cleaning that started at 0700 hrs some mornings,including jet washing the walkways.this was a nightmare as combined with the noise at night meant around 4-5 hrs sleep some nights.(Note:cleaners are very noisy so this may be a problem for you)

In summary we would have no hesitation at coming back,perfect location,ok apartments and great pool......... if you like an early night forget it though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank greyfriarsbobby1
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Just got back from 10 Wonderful days at Ses Cases Apartments at Club Marthas.
We usually stay in central Cala D'Or. We arrived late at night checkin was stress free and we where shown to our apartment.
Could not fault the apartment in anyway as it was the most spacious we had ever stayed in.
fully equiped with crockery etc. and was cleaned every 2 days. Friends of ours had arrived that morning and somedays we had Lunch or Dinner in the apartment or on the spacious balcony.
The pool area was not overcrowded and there was a good mix of nationalities,
Natalie's Restaurant was a little pricey 1.70 Euros for an extremely small bottle of water. The Takeaway Pizza at Club Marhas is one of the best ever and made as you watch. however if you are self catering go to the Eroski supermarket for groceries as it ewill not disappoint you, rather than going to the expensive Spar.
Tony's Restaurant on the main strip is in our experience the best restaurant in the area at very reasonable prices with very attentive staff.
Acuarius Restaurant on Cala D'Or Marina is one of the best resaturants ever if you which to splash out a little bit more even if just for one evening.

We will certainly be back to Ses Cases Apatments excellent value for money and service. The Staff were very friendly and informative and just can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Apartments on the upper floors seem to be less intrusive, Some apartments are on two levels.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank geonty
, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Aparthotel Ses Cases d'Or, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
It seems that we have some happy chappies with yourselves !! We are so glad you had a good time. If you choose to return , then don’t forget to drop us a line, directly to the hotel, letting us know that you are return guests, as we always make an extra effort. Many thanks for your comments.
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Just back from a week here, usually stay in Club Marthas Apartments but Ses Cases d'Or is a much quieter option! The apartments are away from the main part of the complex and has it's own pool. This is much better for families and for those who like a bit of quiet! Plus theres no tug of war over sunbeds at the crack of dawn!
The apartments themselves are brilliant, big balconys and very spacious inside. We had booked for a studio but we were given a 1 bedroom apartment, which was great!. Our balcony had its own sunbeds too and a table with plenty space left over. The restaurant in the hotel is great, fab food and cheap prices. I also recommend that you give Marcello's Pizza and Pasta in the town centre a try too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank jetsetgo09
Hey ….. we are so glad that you had such a good time. We will be waiting to welcome you back to the complex again next year. Drop us a line directly to the hotel, to let us know you are returning.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

Ses Cases are part of Club Martha, and actually in Cala Egos rather than Cala d'Or (other side of the marina) which means a bit of a walk if you want to actually explore Cala d'Or, but when I went in late October the small local train was still running which takes you between the different areas. Club Martha was certainly a lot nicer to arrive at than I was thinking it might be, it's a really lovely looking place. Not having known they were part of Club Martha I booked through Low Cost Holidays, but they do actually have their own website so you can book direct too.

I'd booked a self-catering studio but was upgraded to a one bedroomed apartment when I arrived which was lovely. The apartment was a great size and very clean with only a few minor scuffs here and there. I had a private sun terrace which was fab, and was overlooking one of the pools - thankfully not the large one nearer the reception/bar which I think was a fair bit noisier than where I was (apartment 9163, great location). The pool was a good size and there were sufficient sunbeds around it, I never had a problem getting one - I don't know if this is the case in high season when it's full though.

I found the cooking facilities in the apartment quite limiting - there were two hobs and nothing else to cook on, no grill/oven/microwave. It is possible to hire a toaster (and kettle) so you could make toast if that's what constitutes a meal for you, but otherwise you're limited to boiling and frying only! There was adequate crockery but it all needed washing before it could be used, and although the main cutlery was fine (forks, knives, spoons) there wasn't any cooking cutlery (e.g. spatulas, large spoons) so you have to use your normal forks in the saucepan or frying pan and then use them to eat with too. Also the tin opener provided wasn't great - photo attached!

I found the bedroom could be quite cold in the evening compared to the sitting room, I think because it only had one small window which was quite shaded so it didn't perhaps get enough sunshine during the day to give it any warmth - I often doubled up on the sheets and bed covers at night but never needed a blanket whilst I was there, although there were blankets in the cupboard if needed. My bed was very comfortable (although the one next to it didn't feel as nice when I tried lying on that) - I found the pillows a little on the slim side but as I was travelling alone was able to use all four pillows that were in the apartment which suited me fine.

The bathroom was spacious and clean and the shower was lovely, easy to adjust the temperature and good pressure. The towels were changed every two days which I thought was great, and the toilet paper was refilled regularly too. I personally found the tap water quite warm and salty - having never visited Mallorca before I don't know if this is just the way it is on the whole island - I did find it really unpleasant to brush my teeth in.

I never ate in the resort's restaurant/buffet or used their spa or entertainment or trip facilities so can't comment on those at all. I found the reception staff friendly at all times - however I was told upon checking in that on my last day I was okay being there until my 4pm coach collection, so was unimpressed to receive a call at 12pm on my last day saying I needed to vacate within the next half hour. I managed to pack with minutes to spare and they did offer me the use of a shower near reception if I wanted to use it, but it wasn't really good enough service - and the food that I had for that last day had to be thrown away as I no longer had anywhere to cook it, so I had wasted money on that, and was left to go hungry. Not a great end to what had been a very pleasant and relaxing holiday.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank kirstyboo79
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

I booked my holiday through the website ONTHE BEACH, one of very few which gives an option to book for someone traveling solo. When I arrived I was actually nicely surprised as the hotel was even better then shows on the photos I have found with some reviews! Ses de Cases is actually part of the Club Marthas Hotel, so it was hard to find by the taxi driver. Because the main name is Marthas. It has either 3 or 4 swimming pools, one big one with 2 small paddling pools for kids with lots of entertainment done by animation group, and another 2 or maybe 3 also quite decent size much quieter pools by the apartments further down the complex. Absolutely lovely staff always helpful. I even got an escort to my apartment when I have arrived at midnight! then same guy actually walked with me to show me an open restaurant! The breakfast food wasn't superb but it was ok. In some reviews I read that they only provide plastic cups? Thats not true obviously. They also have 2 bars and a disco in the complex and every night there is an animation teat doing entertainment for kids and then for adults. My holiday deal was fab! as I had a apartment for 3 just for me! absolutely stunning! very clean. Cleaners were there every 2nd day. Ye maybe you don't have a control panel for TV or a kettle but who needs it anyway?:) One very important thing and the only minus but not about the hotel...is the rubbish airport transfer! I didn't booked it as I though I will manage to get a public bus but there was not such a thing, and without voucher for previously booked bus shuttle no chance for anything else apart from taxi! I did manage to finally find someone who was going the same direction as me but it was still expensive. It is an hour drive from the airport and it was 80 euros! yes 80...so forget you gonna go to party in Magaluff if you don't willing to pay nearly 100 euros for taxi! But hotel and the service and all the scenery ...lots of palm trees fantastic! Plus Each of the apartments has either privet sun tarrace, a balcony or a little patio. Shame there is no wi-fi anywhere in hotel but they have a few computers by reception for 1 euro for 12min so that was enough and wi-fi would be handy! I highly recommend it!

Maggie

Room Tip: I am not sure about the main hotel in that complex its probably nice as well as just the apartments...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Malgorzata J
clubmarthas, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Aparthotel Ses Cases d'Or, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Hi Maggie ! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on the holiday you spent here with us at Club Resort Marthas. By the way…. We do have wi-fi but it is only available around the reception and bar areas. Our hotel caters for singles, couples, families and we try to make everyone feel happy and secure. We hope to see you back again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cala d'Or
Es Bolero Aparthotel
Club Martha's Aparthotel
Club Martha's Aparthotel
#14 of 46 in Cala d'Or
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,436 reviews

Been to Aparthotel Ses Cases d'Or? Share your experiences!