Hotel Cala Ferrera
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Barcelo Ponent Playa(Cala d'Or)
  • Breakfast included
Costa Del Sur(Cala d'Or)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Don Felipe Apts.(Cala d'Or)
View Hotel
All reviewscala ferrerathere is no air conditioningbunk bedssaladrooms were cleanedfantastic locationroom with a sea viewcleaned every dayhead waiterfood was finehotel poolcold meatsgreat holidayfresh towelsfussy eaterbit datedpork
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Brilliant location, step out from the hotel to a lovely vista,enjoy beach or take a boat trip up or down the coast. Plenty touristy shops and restraunts etc nearby but not too noisy. Friendly staff, food average, breakfast best, above all hotel spotlessly clean especially rooms due to diligent room staff. Good value since only 3 star hence draw back of no air conditioning, ok in October,must be uncomfortable at hight of summer. Must be one of the best locations on the island. Loved the fact that there were no motorbikes infesting the place and car drivers are curteous to pedestrians as well as each other. Quiet if you want, lively if you want,but not mad.Longish transfer about one hour twenty.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ross p
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had not been to Majorca for 32 years, so as normal I read the tripadvisor for reviews and came across Cala ferrera as it seemed good value at a good price and decided to give it a go. It was myself and my husband on a 6 night break. The week was very enjoyable and first impressions were good. The daily entertainment team made the holiday for us as we are not sun worshipers but as it happens the weather was not so good but better than home. Apartments were lovely and clean and very nice with flat screen tv with english channels. The food to us was good for the first few days and then it seemed ok but we spoke to other people and they couldnt fault it, but we have had excellent food in other hotels especially in Cyprus were we usually holiday. I can say that the fruit was always fresh, which included grapefruit, honeydew melon, water melon, kiwi, pineapple etc. and this was always available mostly everyday.
If you have children they will love it as the entertainment team keep them well entertained and they seem to love their jobs as nothing seems to much trouble. The children even pushed John into the pool and he just took it all in his stride. This team is a credit to the hotel. There is entertainment every night including bingo, but it is just ok and this would be the only downfall and needs a little upgrading. The walk to Cala d or is about 10 minutes stroll with quite a lot of shops.
All the staff at the hotel are very friendly and we had no problems at all. I wouldnt go back as I prefer Cyprus and that is the only reason as well as I would like to try somewhere different if I ever went back to Majorca.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 9 106 had the sun when it did come out in the morning but disappeared in the afternoon, and we visited on the 21st October until Saturday the 27th and on the 28th the hotel was closing down for winter and so was 99.9% of Cala d or.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank frenchboules
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our first visit to Majorca was a pleasureable experience. The Hotel overall was very good for the price paid. We were there for a week from 17 October and the weather was very good. Although no air conditioning, we didn't need it at that time of the year. Staff very pleasant but at times during the evening there were large queues for drink at the bar. The entertainer, Greg. was exceptionally good with the youngsters and had a good rapport with adults as well. Rooms cleaned every day and we had a good side view of the sea. The food was very good for a 3* accomodation with plenty of choice at each meal time (all inclusivefully basis).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank glynthom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I arrived home a few days ago from a stay at this hotel, I found the staff very pleasant and the accommodation for a 3 * above average. The food was very good for the rating and better than some 4* hotels which I have stayed in.
The down side to the holiday was little things which were neglected, the bar was understaffed which meant long queues each night. There were not self service for the all inclusive drinks even the tea and coffee outside of the meal times in the dining room.
My room was on the top floor and following a storm it rained in, when this was pointed out the lady on the desk just stated that it had stopped raining, obviously from the lack of repair they had no intention of doing anything about it, i moved rooms.
One disappointing thing is that all week we never saw anyone cleaning the pool. On our leaving day I looked at the pool and there was a great deal of debris moving around the bottom, from hair grips to pine needles and more, I am just glad I didn't venture into the pool for a swiim.
On the whole a good value holiday in a great location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Philip S
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My family of me and Husband, My Mum plus 13 year old and his best friend have just come back from an all inclusive week. We had a smashing time, the hotel although yes was dated, certainly made up for this with its stunning location, our best ever actually. The food was plentiful and enough choice to please everyone, the staff was pleasant and although not a fantastic entertainment schedule, Greg Feix the hotel rep kept everyone happy and entertained.
We would recommend especially for location, plus the hotel was spotlessly clean, well done to all staff.

Room Tip: Definaltely request sea view, its beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family