This is our second trip to Cala D'or and this hotel is very nice, we booked with Thomas Cook and wasnt sure whether we would get the Cala Azul Park or the Cala Azul Gardens, however we were in block C, room 315 in the Park. The room had a side view of the beach and overlooked the pool. The hotel is very clean and the maids come almost everyday. We never ate at the resaurant but the drinks were reasonably priced in the bar. There is 3 sections of pool, a childrens pool and two larger pools. There was entertainment on, ie. childrens dancing in the small pool once a day and water polo twice a day in the larger pools for the adults. The only bad things about the hotel was the air conditioning was very poor, we asked at reception about this twice and they said they would attend to it - but on return there was no change. So I am not sure whether they either did attend to it and couldnt fix it or it was just a very poor airconditioning to start with. There is a problem with the sun beds, unless you get there very early or after 4pm you wont get one. We often had to find the white plastic chairs to sit on around the pool area. Also the kitchen is very minimal and compact, we had to boil a pan to make tea and coffee, so bring a travel kettle! There is a fridge with a freezer section and two electric rings on the hob, also there is no microwave. Cala D'or itself is lovely and plenty of places to eat/drink. Some places have entertainment on on an evening, ie. karoke/tribute acts/childrens mini disco's/enteratinment etc. We went to Tropocal Nights a few nights and our children got involved with the dancing/face painting etc. There is also two fun fairs close by, Mallorca Land and Happy Land. Both have large bouncy castles, racing cars, trampolines/ childrens rides etc, these went down very well! The Mallorca Land Park has a cafe/bar so you can have a drink whilst you watch your children. There is also lots of places to eat/drink that has childrens play areas. I would definately recommend this resort for families as there is so much to do. We also went on a glass bottomed boat trip and a trip to the marina on the little electric train. The hotel is in a great location, directly on to the Esmeralda Beach or ten minute walk to the Cala Gran beach. i would definately recommend this resort and hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the south-east coast of Mallorca, the complex boasts an excellent location right on the sea front, facing Cala Azul and only 50m away from the beautiful beach of Cala Esmeralda. Offering a wide and interesting range of complementary services nearby and just 1Km away from the shopping and tourist centre of Cala D'Or. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Inturotel Cala Azul Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inturotel Cala Azul Park Hotel Cala d`Or
- Cala Azul Park
- Inturotel Cala Azul Park Cala D'Or, Majorca