The hotel was great. Friendly staff on reception, nice clean rooms, and a decent pool area. There are 2 pools and a small kids pool. Both were very clean, with a nice water feature connecting the two main pools. Supermarket on hotel was reasonably priced and stocked everything you needed. Mini golf pizzeria on the hotel served great food also. The location is superb, set on a little cove where you can go into some deeper water and hand feed some of the marine wildlife there. Plus the beach on the Esmeralda. One poor thng was the hotel bar. Rarely ever open. Sometimes only from 6pm-11pm or 8pm-11pm, sometimes not at all. I find this hard to understand, as a hotel bar should be open more and slighly later, especially as the Mini Golf Pizzeria also closes at this time and the pool bar alot earlier.
In general the resort was very nice. Most of the restaurants served good food. El Patio Steak House and Indiana Johns two of the best. The Florida Centre Bar situtated near the hotel is a must visit. Great bar atmosphere at night, plus 3 pool tables and games in a seperate area. The drinks served from there are ice cold and reasonsably priced. It also serves food which is fantastic. The Duke Of Devonshire has rude staff, despite some good food. La Fontanella was a major disappointment in some aspects, again with some poor staff attitude, although food generally.
A bit of a let down. A few activites were organised but not many, not very well advertised also. One of the entertainers from Sweden (Joakim) Also liked to make teams unfair in sports in order to make people from Sweden win. He also shows an extremely biased attitude to anyone from Sweden, including jumping up and down cheering when anyone from Sweden wins or scores in water polo, but ignores the people from England and Germany after if they beat a team full of Swedes. I find an entertainer behaving like this very poor and was a big factor in some of us failing to participate in many future activites. The others seemed fine though. Didn't watch any of the shows to comment.
All in all a decent enough place, but needs a few improvements to the bar and entertainment and acivities. The food and resort was a plus, apart from the mentioned restaurants where staff attitude was poor. I would consider coming back if these changes were implemented. Also we know where to eat and where our custom is appreciated. 7/10 on the whole.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the south-east coast of Mallorca, the complex boasts an excellent location right on the sea front, facing Cala Azul and only 50m away from the beautiful beach of Cala Esmeralda. Offering a wide and interesting range of complementary services nearby and just 1Km away from the shopping and tourist centre of Cala D'Or. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Inturotel Cala Azul Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inturotel Cala Azul Park Hotel Cala d`Or
- Cala Azul Park
- Inturotel Cala Azul Park Cala D'Or, Majorca