I went to Cala Azul Park at the end of August with my wife and two children (3 and 5). I read numerous reviews beforehand and mostly were middle of the road neither great or very poor so i thought i'd try and help form an opinion. The thing is it is just ok. The accomodation is ok, food is ok (especially if you like German meats and sausages etc.) and the location is ok.
Cala D'or itself is a very pleasant surprise as the centre (which is a 10 minute walk with two prams) is bustling with literally hundreds of bars and restaurants focused around a pedestrian area. It is actually one of the busiest resorts i have been to. There are lots of English and Irish bars showing sport and xfactor etc. and lots of restaurants from indians and chinese to steakhouses to tapas. There is also a great marina again with lots of lovely bars and restaurants with great views of the millionaires boats we all wish we owned.
The beaches are not great, they are very small coves with people cramped on like sardines, no sunbeds and everyone getting sand kicked in their face as people and kids run past. For great beaches Alcudia cannot be beat.
Back to the Cala Azul Park, we stayed in the park (after they tried to move us to different accomodation, an all too common trick i believe) and it was ok except there are no lifts and we had two buggys and a 3 flight climb every night but we levelled this out against our great sea and pool view ( Room B313). The pool and sunbed situation was a nightmare and as i hate sunbed wars we just casually got up whenever and crossed the road (next to San Francisco Spar) and went into Cala Azul Gardens which is a miles nicer pool and sunbeds always available.
The hotels are about 3/4 Germans i'd say and the food reflects this and the entertainment at the Esmeralda Gardens too although to be fair they are polite and not pushy or rude (but they do love a sunbed!)
There is also a nice train that stops outside the hotel on the hour (every hour) but it is always full unless you get on the 9.00 or 16.00 train. I'd do this early as it takes you around the whole resort and helps you get your bearings.
Don't go to Sanatanyi on bus we went and there was nothing there and the return bus is every 5 hours, 30 mins was enough.
Do go to Porto Cristo on Bus, great beach, lots of shops and bars and return buses every hour when had enough.
If eating in Esmeralda Gardens and then going into town turn left after coming out of reception (or behind park) and you come out halfway into town.
Definitely use Cala Azul Gardens Pool
Eden Gardens and Tropical Gardens have great tribute acts on (lady Gaga, Robbie Willliams, Elvis, etc.)
There are two huge play parks with the most amazing bouncy castles ever plus trampolines and race cars etc. one is in Cala Ferrer (just down road from Cala Azul and one opposite Eden Gardens. 3Euro for all night bouncy castle was a godsend.
The most amazing ice creams opposite Tropical Gardens with unbelievable flavours for 1E90c, you have to try one.
All in all you will not be disappointed with Cala Azul or Cala D'or especially as there is something for everyone.
(I will upload maps of the resort when i get chance)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the south-east coast of Mallorca, the complex boasts an excellent location right on the sea front, facing Cala Azul and only 50m away from the beautiful beach of Cala Esmeralda. Offering a wide and interesting range of complementary services nearby and just 1Km away from the shopping and tourist centre of Cala D'Or. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Inturotel Cala Azul Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inturotel Cala Azul Park Hotel Cala d`Or
- Cala Azul Park
- Inturotel Cala Azul Park Cala D'Or, Majorca