The Hotel Tucan is a really nice hotel, which on arrival was a relief having read some of the reviews on here prior to going - as this holiday was a surprise for a birthday celebration.
Yes I agree with the previous reviewers about the cleaniness of hotel, size of the rooms & room facilities, the maid service etc and the surroundings of the hotel were all very good.
The reception staff were most welcoming & always very helpful, this also applies to the bar staff around the pool who attend to your needs when required and even with a little banter now & then lol - special mention to a little blonde waitress who always did her role with a huge smile on her face - and lit up the bar & pool area. The majority of the restuarant staff were always very pleasant and on the go.
The pool area was a very relaxing & calm place to spend your day, with a good size pool, seperate jacuzzi & sauna area. where you could also work out in the small modern gym or spoil yourself with massage & treatments, you could even have a game of darts or table tennis if you felt like it lol. While we chose to not get involved with the morning raid for the sunbeds (the 8:00 am dash), no matter what time of day there was always a couple of beds available maybe not directly around the pool, but a foot or two away from it.
Our first meal in Tucan Hotel restuarant was on the Saturday evening, where we warmly greeted & room checked, then it was a help yourself to the food & your table - which for a 4 star hotel was somewhat disappointing. The majority of the food for breakfast & evening meal was very good with lots of choice - & you could watch people walk around myself included wondering what to have each day lol.
Like I have mentioned earlier I really nice hotel with a diverse mixture of nationalities, and age range - early 20's to retirement that enjoyed themselves.
Now for the negatives - please do not view this as moaning, its purely observation.
1) I was very disappointed in the school canteen style of the restuarant and with the attitude of one or two of the restaurant staff who seemed to view you as bothering them as they walked around clearing tables, and even had watch an agrument between two of them while eating our meal one evening - not very professional.
2) The evening entertainment - was truely awful with renee & renato style singers, and smooth cheesy cooners - who would make the acts on Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights look like stadium/arena fillers.
We really enjoyed our 10 days (half board) here and would recommend it for a relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Tucan is situated in Cala D'or, in a beautiful and pintoresque Ibiza stile village, with all its white houses in the South of Mallorca and 60 km away from the airport. Ideal to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere, the sun as much as possible or delightful walks. "Adults Only" Hotel. No reservations accepted for clients under 16 years old. Situated by Cala Gran beach with its crystal blue waters, this homely hotel offers the clients an ideal place to relax and enjoy unforgettable holidays. Enjoy a relaxing day in our Spa with jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath. SENTIDO Tucan has been refurbished during winter 2014/15. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sentido Tucan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Cala d Or
- Gran Hotel d Or Tucan
- Sentido Tucan Cala D'Or, Majorca