“excellent food in very relaxed surroundings over looking the marina”
Review of Porto Cari

Porto Cari
Ranked #43 of 172 Restaurants in Cala d'Or
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This restaurant looks like it is going to cost an arm and a leg however we were very pleasantly surprised and would strongly recommend for those looking for fantastic food at a very good price. We initially went to have the menu of the day however we found this was only served during the day from 1300hrs. We were slightly intimidated and it was our impression (without looking properly) that this would be very expensive. We returned the following day for lunch and had the menu of the day - the food was glorious, tasty, well cooked. We kind of expected small portions - we were mistaken. Had it not been the last day of our holiday we would have returned for an evening meal. The prices were not unreasonable and the quality was very good. I ensured that I took one of their business cards so that I could share the location with others on my return!

1  Thank harry248141

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Jolly Roger Bar/Restaurant-English owned,Friendly staff- great Sangria(according to wives)!! Ideal for snacks.

Adjoining beaches within walking distance- Cala Esmerelda

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Always open, which is great for off season visits. Very wide menu so will suit all tastes - only had a burger, but very good and recommended. Marina location is perfect.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This restaurant has really been transformed since being taken over last year, the manager and staff make you very welcome and on several nights we found the food to be consistently very good.
I asked for some items that were not on the menu and as they were part of other dishes they cooked them for me with no problem.
I have no hesitation in recommending them to visitors looking for a fantastic waterside setting with great food.
Reasonable prices for the Marina venues.
Will definitely be there at Easter on our next visit.
28SAC

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Ate here quite a few times last summer but it came into its own this February when it was one of the very few restaurants open. It was warm and welcoming, with lovely flame gas heaters to create both warmth, atmosphere and ambience. A lovely welcome from Fabian as usual - we used to know him well when he worked at Sancora, a sister restaurant. We ate there on 5 of the 8 evenings that we were in Cala Dor and we were not disappointed. The prices are reasonable, especially given the location and the quality of the food. The menu is very accessible and has options to suit all budgets, including pasta and pizza dishes. I had the Beef Carpaccio to start on the first night, and I could not resist it on each of the other 4 nights! The salmon was perfectly cooked, and I also asked if they could do Sole Muniere for me instead of grilled sole, which was no problem. The house bread and alioli is delicious, and as I was the only wine drinker I drank rose by the glass, and the house wine was good quality and well priced.
Overall a really lovely place to go, which luckily for us is very close to us. It does get busier in the summer but the staff are always very attentive. There is music and a singer on a Sunday evening in the peak summer months, and this makes for a very enjoyable experience all round.