“Spanish home cooking”

Ranked #18 of 172 Restaurants in Cala d'Or
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Spanish family owned this restaurant since 1981, very close to the main beach, specialized in tapas, paella, fresh fish and meats.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very tasty spanish food, fish dishes were particularly good, try the cod with tomatoes and grilled sardines. Very good service. Thank you.

1  Thank somerset94
There are newer reviews for Celler Ca's Brau

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great value restaurant-excellent tapas-friendly service, much better value and better food than some of the more "popoulr" tourist restaurants.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The owner makes the best, strongest and tastiest Sangria that we have ever tasted! Do not miss it. Superb....

1  Thank superseccy
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have been eating in this place one time, I wish I've never gone! I am very much into fresh seafood and Spanish cooking, so we went to this place after reading some of the reviews on trip advisor. The guy serving us was really nice and polite and speaking a good level of English. We ordered a few tapas like grilled prawns, grilled octopus, clams in white wine and batatas bravas (patatoes). I specifically asked if the prawns were grilled just to make sure what we are getting. When food came what a disappointment! The octopus was grilled and was fresh but had only rock salt on it, so lacking in flavor. Anyway it was the only thing that was edible to an ok standard. The prawns were really small, about six of them, came in a water like soup sauce, nowhere near grilled as expected and with no flavor, basically looked like boiled. The potatoes came covered in some sort of cheap spicy ketchup and the clams in white wine, were definitely either cooked in the morning and heated on the spot on a microwave, or the day before as they were really soft and old. At this point I asked the guy to come around and complained about the clams. He said that there was no way they were old, as otherwise they wouldn't' open when cooked. I have to say at this point that i regularly buy fresh clams from Birmingham market and we cook them on a regular basis. I do know that if they were old at the time of cooking they wouldn't open, and that is a bad sign. What I was actually saying was that they were fresh when they were cooked but served one day later or such, otherwise they would't be soft and smelly! Anyway the guy wouldn't have it, kept saying they were cooked on a spot and asked his dad too, an unnecessary ongoing saga. We went to pay and his dad felt the need to tell me again that the clams were fresh. Honestly just pointless! We payed a fortune bering in mind the standard of the food! Later on the evening went to restaurant C'an Trompe witch was a really excellent experience, really good Spanish food cooked at a high standard and payed almost the same as here. Don't be fooled by the cheap prices here as the tapas are really small, poorly cooked and they do add up to you bill! Go to C'an Trompe, yes the food looked pricy but the portions are big and standard is excellent you will end up paying the same as here!

2  Thank Diana C
moises M, Gerente at Celler Ca's Brau, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Hi Diana
Sorry to take so much disappointment of the meal in our family restaurant. I think there was a very big mistake by both parties, we have no grilled shrimp on our menu of tapas and grilled octopus, what you asked was garlic prawns and Galician octopus served with salt and paprika in as for their clams in white wine were not made from morning or heated in the microwave all our food is made ​​at the time and sometimes clams are not as we would like to market, but will not be charged to your account and that no it referred to. My mistake was not how I wanted to understand that food. took 30 years customer service except clams think the food was not as bad as us to scorer.
Thanks for your comment.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Didn't dislike anything to be honest - we didn't travel too far as preferred to relax, and our son preferred to play with his friends round the pool!