“Well deserves number one spot”

Inturotel Sa Marina
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Cala d'Or
england
“Well deserves number one spot”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Spent a week here middle of May, first time at Cala d'Or had a great time. This hotel really lives up to the comments made on Trip Advisor, it is spotless, staff are very helpful and friendly. I had emailed and requested a pool view room, and offered to pay as I could see these rooms were more expensive on their own web site. I was traveling with Jet2 and only able to book standard room, so I was very surprised when they replied to say I would have to wait and see what was available once we arrived, not many places refuse payment for an upgrade. I was more than happy when we were given just the room I wanted without any comment or payment. Well done, customer service at its best. Did not use the resturant, had everything we needed for breakfast and ate out of a night, great choices right on the doorstep. This hotel well deserves number one spot.

Room Tip: Had room in block three, great sun on balcony from early afternoon till last thing at night.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank corka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Czech first
KENT
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

So I have been to cala d'or 6 times in total and never stayed somewhere twice. I love the town but just couldn't get the right accommodation. This time I used trip advisor - It is really the best hotel in the area. I travelled with my 3 year old daughter and we felt welcomed and safe. The pools are fantastic as are the staff. The mini club is great my daughter really enjoyed herself and Dominique and Siobhan ?? (red head girl) are amazing with the kids!!! We used the indoor pool/jacuzzi/sauna during some bad weather and again they were great. Towels for the pool from reception which is worth remembering so as to keep packing down. Reception 24 hours and very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. I had a massage and it was a welcome bit of relaxation for €27 The food is great at the snack bar but we tend to eat out rather than use the buffet so only went down there for breakfast once but it was good value. Try and get out in the town to eat it's lovely and we really enjoyed "diferent" and momos? this year. Mini disco was fun for my daughter and she danced the night away. Rooms had everything you need including a good size flat screen with English channels. Cleaned often and the cleaners/maintenance of the hotel is really top notch. Very short walk to everywhere and the little road train goes right past which gives you a good look around the area. What a brilliant holiday and this hotel is really good - I will definitely go back again and again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank NYES
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

What an amazing hotel. What more can I say. We didn't have time to eat in the hotel restaurant because of the many other eateries available on the doorstep. Our favourites being Gusto and La Diferent. All brilliant with kids. A week has gone too fast. Apartments are so clean and staff so friendly. Our favourite beach (Cala D'or) was a 5 minute walk, as was Cala Gran beach, and the marina. Just love this place and hope to return soon. Muchas gracias Sa Marina.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Sarah B
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed for four nights and had a great time. The hotel is a family hotel, so it is not ideal for couples or young people without kids. The rooms are well sized and comfortable, the spa facilities were great and the breakfast menu was varied. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately wifi is only available at the lobby area and an there is extra charge to get wifi at the rooms and other areas. Also, toiletries are only offered as a sample on the first day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Maria G
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Just home from our 3rd visit to this super hotel, and we have all had a lovely time. The Sa Marina never fails to deliver on quality on all levels. We have never stayed in a hotel that prides itself on the brilliant food choices, cleaning is also first class everywhere is spotless! The staff are all very nice people and always happy to help. Carmen in the bar is just lovely. Rooms are great with lots of room for 4 and you are only a 10min walk from the beach or the Marina. This year we hired a small boat which was great fun. You will not be dissapointed with this hotel and we shall be returning.

6 Thank joanne3004
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We booked our holiday (10 days self catering) at least 6 months before we travelled so we were really hoping we would get the coverted 'pool view' room. I had emailed the hotel to specifically ask.... Luckily we did, our room was on the ground floor overlooking the quieter of the two pools with lovely views over the pool water feature especially at night. The hotel itself is spotless, in fact it is more than spotless - you could eat your dinner off the tiles in reception....The cleanliness extends throughout the whole of the hotel, pool sides, bar, play area, and of course the room itself. Maid service 9 days out of 10. I liked how the hotel had a nice feeling of security about it, I definately felt safe there; the staff were friendly and very welcoming. Room itself spacious, nice quality patio furniture, nice quality fittings etc. Flat screen TV with British Channels and CBBC which came in handy sometimes. Air con present but pre set to only go down to 18 degress so could still be a little warm at times.

We had booked self catering but that really was a mistake as we found it so expensive to eat in Cala d'or - the restaurants weren't that good, all very 'samey' and in the region of 14 euro's for a basic pizza. Hot dog and chips for my 4 year old came in at a staggering 10 euro's. We ate in the hotel's restaurant twice, it was 18 euro's each for dinner, and children of a certain age ate free. The food was amazing, lots of different dishes, all buffet style but with chef's present to carve roasted meats and cook to order. Lovely fresh salads, soups, pasta's, shellfish and delicious deserts and ice cream. Certainly worth the price we paid when compared to what the local restaurants were offering and charging, but I wished we'd opted for half board at the time of booking.

My daughter attended kids club on a morning and sometimes an afternoon too. They did treasure hunts, made crafts, face painting, played games etc. I felt totally safe leaving her in the care of the Animation team, Dominique, Marina and Carlos who really made my daughters holiday. In the evening there was the 'mini disco' which again was fabulous for the children, ok so the shows performed by the Animation team weren't broadway standard, but what do people really expect. These people work really hard with the kids all day and then are up on stage entertaining them in the evenings too.!

Location wise it is a good spot, there is a little Spa supermarket literally 2 minutes walk away which does lovely baguettes... the main square is 5 mins walk the other way with rows of restaurants, mini golf, shops and bars. The beach is 15 mins walk, nice little cove, spot on for younger ones. The hotel pool was a little cold but it was the beginning of the season really so we weren't too suprised.

In summary I would say this is a fantastic hotel for families, especially younger children. Definately 4 star.

Room Tip: We stayed in Block 1 which was near reception and overlooked the quiet pool. We were on the ground f...
2 Thank Gillian_Cook
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed for four nights and had a great time. This hotel is ideal for families.

The overriding feature of this hotel is the service from all the staff and the cleanliness of everything. The rooms are well sized and comfortable. Our room had a view of the pool and we faced the stage where evening entertainment took place so was fairly noisy but not excessively so. I was impressed with the TV which had a number of English speaking channels not just CNN as some hotels have! Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of items and freshly prepared. We stayed B&B so can't comment on the evening meals but I don't understand why anyone would stay on this basis anyway with so many independent restaurants within 5-10 minute walk.

The mini club is not somewhere where you could "dump" the kids for the day (why would you do that anyway?) but is a nice change of scenery and staffed with enthusiasm. The activities are mainly craft based as there are limited areas for sporty activities in the hotel.

I really couldn't fault the hotel overall, apart from the Wifi which I paid €15 euros for and it barely worked. If you pay for a service you at least expect it to be reliable.

I would definitely return and would recommend this hotel to families with young children.

Room Tip: Our group had three apartments on the upper floor between us and they were all excellent.
1 Thank Matt W