After years of holidaying in private villas due to the dread of fights over sun loungers, lack of privacy, dubious cleanliness I took the plunge and booked a 14 night family holiday at the Sa Marina following lots of research and reading every review available. I came home today and wanted to let other readers know how fantastic the hotel and its staff are, we had a really lovely holiday. Perfect location quiet and secluded yet a very short walk from lovely coves and beaches, the marina where you can people and yacht watch and a lovely centre with restaurants and shops. Cala dor is very family orientated, I didn't see a single hen or stag party and it is a good mix of nationalities.
The staff at the hotel are really helpful and friendly as are the locals that we came across in the resort. My children age 10 and 7 had a lovely time making friends with other children and enjoying activities and sports run by the hotel entertainment team ( a group of 4 enthusiastic and cheerful individuals that were adored by all). The kids club is geared to the younger children, my 7 year old was one of the oldest and found some activites a little babyish but my 10 year old enjoyed the sports challenges geared towards adults and teens. Both found plenty to do and they made lots of friends, all the children were very well behaved and well mannered.
The room was very clean the food was very fresh and there was plenty of variety. I started the week unsure about the buffet experience as I am used to cooking on holiday but actually after a short while I realised how nice it is to not have to plan, shop or organise the children at meal times, it really is a mothers rest! So if you are looking for a lovely hotel with no sunbed fights, exceptional cleanliness and helpfulness and somewhere that your growing children can experience a little independance in safety then I would give Sa Marina a 10 out of 10!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star resort, opened in June 2001, and because of its excellent location, facilities and careful service, make it ideal for couples and families who are looking for a special place for their holidays. At 500m from the beaches of Cala D'Or and Cala Gran and at 300m from the "Cala Llonga" marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Inturotel Sa Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inturotel Sa Marina And Es Sivinar
- Inturotel Sa Marina & Es Sivinar Hotel Cala d`Or
- Sa Marina Cala Dor
- Sa Marina Aparthotel
- Inturotel Sa Marina Cala D'Or, Majorca