We have come to Prinsotel Alba for 5 years now and can really see the upgrades and improvements that have been made. We are a family of 3 one of which is disabled, plus we also have extra family join us during our holiday. During high season the hotel like any other can be very busy which is why we tend to come towards the end of August and beginning of September when things start to quieten down. We have always found the staff to be friendly and welcoming from the management to the maintenance men.
The apartments are clean and a great size and easily accomodate 4 adults. They have seperate bedroom, bathroom and sitting room with kitchinette plus private balcony. The bedroom has two single beds which are side by side so by just changing the bedding around can easily be made up as a double, there is also a dressing table, bedside tables and a built in wardrobe containing the safety deposit box. The bathroom is much like any other with shower over the bath, though last year the addition of a hairdryer was nice suprise, a bit less weight to be carried in the hand luggage bringing mine. The sitting room has two sofas which can be pushed together to make a cot style double or kept as 2 single beds, dining table and chairs, coffee table, sideboard and flat screen tv. The kitchinette has kettle, toaster, 3 ring hob, fridge with icebox and all the cutlery, crockery and cooking equiptment you could need when going self catering, though no microwave in the standard rooms.
This year we were given a very privilaged chance to see the new luxury rooms coming to Alba for next year and what a fantastic re-furbishment they are. Not the expected yellows, oranges and blues but crisp whites, charcol greys, black and chromes. The bedroom is to die for with a huge double bed, massive padded headboard and chrome light fittings as well as flatscreen tv. The sitting room and kitchinette are amazing too. The kitchinette is smaller than in the standard rooms but there is now a microwave in them. But the sitting room just looks out of this world with the new furnishings and colour scheme and again another flat screen tv in there. The pictures of this room on the prinsotel website do not do the room justice, it is like being in a totally different hotel, well done Alba , we are looking forward to trying these new rooms when we come next year.
The food at the hotel has always been of a good quality with plenty of choice for everyone. The restaurant is very clean and the staff work very hard to ensure you have whatever you need or want. I can honestly say we have never been disappointed with our meals when we've eaten in the hotel restaurant.
Everyone who works at Prinsotel is very hard working and try as hard as they can to ensure the place is kept as clean and tidy as possible. All front of house staff try their best to speak english and german as well as a few other languages. The maintenance staff have very limited language skills , but will try their best to sort any problems out for you if they are unable they will guide you to someone who can help.
The hotel is less than 5 minutes walk from the best beach in Cala D'or which is Cala Gran. This beach is beautiful though can be very busy, but there are numerous beaches in Cala D'or so you can always find space on one of them.
The hotel has lots of sporty things for everyone from the gym to football and basketball pitch to water polo and volley ball which is always a favourite for the guests.
Having been to a few hotels in Mallorca we all really enjoy coming to Alba especially our disabled son. He is a wheelchair user though can walk a little. The hotel have been great with him and us trying very hard to make sure our stays have always been great. Most of the hotel is reasonably well suited for wheelchair use though there are one or two areas which a non walker will find very difficult. The ramp outside reception is quite steep and for a self propel chair would be very hard to get up without assistance as is the ramp in the restaurant also every ground floor room is accessed via 2 steps, this being said the hotel would do what they could to help you. We always hire a mobility scooter when we are at Alba which easily get up the ramp at reception as well as help getting around the local area.
Cala D'or is a lovely area if quite touristy, though there are some hidden gems around if you look. The restaurants and bars are many so plenty of choice. The marina is well worth a visit just make sure you take a couple of slices for bread to feed the countless fish around the boats.
The hotel in our view is in the best location as you're out of the main town, only by a few minutes, but it's enough to ensure you're not disturbed by all the late opening bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the resort of Cala d’Or, this recently renovated holiday complex is set just a few steps away from the crystal-clear Mediterranean waters of Cala Gran.The property has been built in a typical Balearic style, providing an authentic Majorcan experience. Relax in the sunshine on a sun lounger before diving into the large outdoor swimming pool. You can also enjoy a cool drink beside the pool from the outdoor bar. Refreshing drinks are also available in the lounge bar.The property is surrounded by Cala d’Or – one of Majorca’s most popular seaside and water sports resorts. From here, you can easily enjoy all that this beautiful island has to offer. Exploring at your own pace is made easy by the reception’s car and bike rental service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Apartments Hotel Manacor
- Prinsotel Alba Hotel Apartments Cala D'Or, Majorca