We selected Melia Cala D'or in a hurry after getting some extra days off from work, and therefore we did not do a lot of research on either the hotel or Cala D'or. However; we were not dissipointed at all!
Melia Cala D'or is a small hotel with an intimate atmosphere. In my opinion it is a very nice building complex with an interesting design. It is actually built around some of the pine trees. A nice touch!
The pool area is beautiful, and surrounded by the well kept garden. However, the lighting in the evening is out of thouch - way too sharp! The ambiance would be better with fewer lamps on. Just a suggestion:).
Our room - 323 - was perfectly situated with views over the garden and the pool. It had a big and very nice balcony with stylish chairs and a small table. The room itself was more than big enough. It seemed almost new - like the rest of the hotel - and it was well cleaned every day.
The hotel has internet, but remember to bring a cable if you want to use it in your room. No wifi. I worked out in the gym, which has most of what you usually need to exercice in doors. Good enough.
Breakfast was ok. I do not eat red meat, only seafood and dairy products. Therefore breakfast for me was a little boring. Not as good as I am used to from similar hotels. This is just about the only negative thing I can mention.
However; due to the poor rewievs of the hotel restaurant, we did not bother to even try it. We found our favorite restaurant a ten minute walk from the hotel; Barlovento. Do try it! Great food and a lovely staff!
Cala D'or is a charming place, apart from the "thousands" of english pubs, american steak houses and karaoke bars. My tip is to neglect them all, and visit the spanish restaurants. Take a walk to the rocky sea shore and enjoy the scenery. Very nice! Rent a car and drive north along the coast. The traffic is easy to handle and the roads are good. Mallorca was a surprise regarding the beauty of it all.
Some have reported that it is boring at Melia Cala D'or. Well, I can tell you that there is absolutely nothing going on there; not during the day, and not during the evening. The staff is present, but not over your shoulders at all times. To me, this is perfect!
I work a lot and travel all over the world on business. When I have a week off, I want to be left alone with my girlfriend with the opportunity to be spoiled if I want to. I do not need a pool boy to ask me ten times an hour if I want a drink or not. And I absolutely do not need Macarena-karaoke outside of my room every evening. It do not blame you if you prefer the opposite of me, but in that case you will not be happy with your stay at Melia Cala D'or.
At Melia Cala D'or you will find tranquillity in beautiful surroundings, and all in all we are very happy with our stay. We were treated very good by the smiling staff, and we hope to return in a not do distant future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Cala D’Or Boutique Hotel is located in a beautiful Mediterranean garden, just 200metres from Cala Gran and 250meters from the city center Cala D'Or, offering the most relaxed and peaceful environment. The rooms decorated in the typical Majorcan style, surrounded by gardens. Fully-equipped bathrooms with hydromassage-tub. Discover superb fine dining at our hotel, serving a wide range of daily menus. Enjoy our Pool with hydromassage and children´s pool with playground area. Experience the SPA with fitness center, sauna, steam bath an on request massages. Como to visit us... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Cala d'Or Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cala d`Or Hotel Cala d`Or
- Cala d Or Melia
- Melia Cala D'Or Boutique Hotel Majorca