My wife and I stayed here in early October with the sole purpose of relaxing.
Even on arrival it was apparent that the Melia is well above the norm for holiday hotels. Our first impression was of the beautifuuly restored front door leading into a cool and stylish reception characterised by highly polished dark wood. The receptionist was elegantly attired, well groomed and very welcoming.
We stayed on the second floor of the main building and the room was quite large, well furnished with a roomy bathroom (well stocked with toiletries, fluffy white towels and emergency dental and shaving kits) and a spacious balcony with attractive seating which was cool in the morning with full sun later in the day.
The hotel consists of several buildings surrounding the main outdoor pool with immaculate gardens.and in a quiet part of the town. Neither of us found the town appealing mainly because of the presence of a number of bars designed to attract people who want British beer and egg and chips and the associated noisy televisions showing football. However the marina area (about 15 minutes walk) is notably more attractive and for walkers there are plenty of options away from the main tourist area.
The reason for naming this hotel as outstanding rests on two key factors and they are the Melia's management attention to detail together with the exceptional standards of service from ALL staff working there.
It's not a cheap hotel by any means but the facilties available such as the free and easy to use safe, the bathrobes and slippers etc. all serve to offer good value for money. The choice of high quality furnishings and equipment illustrate the attention to detail down to and including a really sylish kettle and led me to believe that the Melia take customer feedback seriously..
The staff at the hotel were always polite, cheerful and endlessly helpful regardless of their role but were never obtrusive.
Restaurants in Cala D'Or are less than outstanding although we dined out on a few occasions and even the recoomended Acuarius at the marina was merely adequate. The hotel restaurant however was extremely good with high quality cuisine and excellent service. It was more expensive than the restaurants in town but again better value for money (and I particularly enjoyed a black spaghetti with seafood starter.)
On the day of our return we had to leave by 07.30 to catch our flight home. which was awkward since the restaurant doesn't open that early. Many hotels resolve that issue by sending up a tray of stale croissants with some coffee but at the Melia they opened the restaurant before 07.00 so that we were able to have a full breakfast which was gratifying.
Even good class hotels sometimes fail in small ways to thoroughly please the customer but our stay here was a delight without even the smallest cause for complaint.
We would thoroughly recommend this hotel to friends and to discerning strangers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Cala D’Or Boutique Hotel is located in a beautiful Mediterranean garden, just 200metres from Cala Gran and 250meters from the city center Cala D'Or, offering the most relaxed and peaceful environment. The rooms decorated in the typical Majorcan style, surrounded by gardens. Fully-equipped bathrooms with hydromassage-tub. Discover superb fine dining at our hotel, serving a wide range of daily menus. Enjoy our Pool with hydromassage and children´s pool with playground area. Experience the SPA with fitness center, sauna, steam bath an on request massages. Como to visit us... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Cala d'Or Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cala d`Or Hotel Cala d`Or
- Cala d Or Melia
- Melia Cala D'Or Boutique Hotel Majorca