My husband and I returned on 20th July from the wonderful ferrera blanca aparthotel. We had a fantastic week. The weather was a bit showery but, still two days out of the seven were sunny and hot. The previous week had been sunny everyday apparently.
Still, this was the only hiccup and not the hotels fault of course. The hotel made up for this.
From the moment we arrived to the moment we were leaving, the staff were great, friendly and obliging. We arrived after midnight and a helpful receptionist guided us to a complimentary late dining room where we found ample sandwich stuff and salad, not to mention the coffee machine. How nice, how many hotels do this?
We were booked into one of the double superior rooms, I'd asked for a high floor, quiet room. We ended up in block 9 on the top of the two storey rooms with balcony overlooking the garden. Very peaceful and we could just about see the sea!
The room was so sell equipped with kettle ( not mentioned with company I booked with ) and fridge. The shower was divine, a walk-in shower with rainforest effect. One of the best.
The food was excellent, probably the second best food I've experienced in all my travels in the Mediterranean with plenty of choice, changing everyday and fresh and hot. Definitely four star standard here. The main dining room was well organised, you wait to be seated by the most friendly gracious maitre dean and the waiting staff don't hover around you.
The hotel has three pool areas which also gave you some space. We preferred the quieter lower pool area by our room. The upper, main pool was where all the games took place . The animation team seemed to work tirelessly each day to entertain all ages around this pool.
The animations team were at the core of the evening entertainment, but, there were three nights where local professional acts appeared. The stage was outside by the main pool, ample seating and lighting with waiter to table service. The only thing I'd say, is it can get loud during the shows and I would not want to stay in the rooms around the stage.
The bar staff worked tirelessly to serve you, no long queues here and the g&t was the largest glass I've ever drunk before!
All in all, this is a fantastic hotel suitable for all ages. The staff are lovely and the resort of Cala Ferrera is so pretty, with a lovely beach a stone throw away. The pretty white washed properties are nestled in the resort sides , a gently slopping
bay , adorned by greenery and colourful flowers everywhere. Also, the roads running around the resort are single track, no speeding here, so quiet.
You can not go wrong either if you go to see the marina, a feast for the eyes with a huge collection of yachts of every size and description. We took a taxi as it is a long walk, we attempted to walk it twice, got lost due to poor signage and went one evening instead. We treated ourselves to tapas for a change and watched the world go by.
We will definitely be going back to the Ferrera Blanca one day, it's on our lists of 'must do again' .
Treat yourselves to a fantastic holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most exceptional areas of the Mediterranean, the East coast of Majorca, is known for its fantastic white sandy beaches with crystalline water and beautiful landscapes. This aparthotel in Cala d'Or, for its outstanding hospitality, delicious gastronomy and tastefully refurbished rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Cala D'Or, Majorca