Ferrera Blanca Apathotel Majorca Four Star
The reception area I very nice with a welcome that invites guests to partake of a drink which is either orange juice or water, a bottle of sparkling wine remains firmly closed next to the orange juice and water.
Staff throughout our stay were effective, efficient and friendly and are a credit to this hotel.
We were staying in a very nice suite with a living area and a bedroom with 2 comfortable single beds pushed together. The living room had flat screen TV seating and a fridge. The bathroom, off the living room, was contemporary with wet room with massage shower. The apartment had a large balcony area area overlooking the pool and stage areas with table and 4 chairs. We were concerned that we would be disturbed by the evening entertainment, on most nights this was not a problem as we were out until after the entertainment finished. Rooms kept very clean on a daily basis
Not enough pool space for enough sun beds. Towels provided were placed on beds early morning and sometimes left until late afternoon until the owners turned up. This created a sort of "arms race" that you felt obliged to join despite your better judgement and principles. However, most days we managed to find beds at the small pool, which is just a short walk to the pool bar.
Food, in particular salads were very good. Restaurant staff were friendly an helpful, menus changed daily, with themed nights in the evenings, but inevitably with all inclusive, there was a certain sameness about the choices of food. Wine and other drinks were served by the glass, we asked for a bottle of wine at the table, but wine is served only by the glass and only if you went to the bar to get it yourself.
The restaurant is informal at all times of the day, whilst some dressed for dinner, shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops were not discouraged and appeared to be a male preserve even when partners and their children dressed more formally.
Only one bar is open at at the pool /entertainment area in the evenings with queues for drinks, which were dealt with quickly and efficiently, with limited table service provided. Entertainment in the evening is mainly provided by the Animation Team, who generally pulled it off on the couple of occasions we watched, but it did have a Hi-di-hi feel to it. We spent some evenings playing cards / games in the reception area, where another bar and alternative entertainment in the form of a small band or pianist or guitarist would have been welcome.
A walk into Cala D'or is worth it with a myriad of shops, bars and restaurants. Our favourite restaurant was Fernando's where the food is always good. The Marina is definitely worth a visit. There are variety of bars and restaurants where you can sit and watch other people's dreams, of every shape and size sail in and out of the Marina
Ferrara Blanca hotel- Very nice. Is it 4star? Not in comparison with others we have experienced. I would rather go to Turkey at the price. More imagination is needed if the Western Med is going to compete on a value for money basis with the Eastern Med or Aegean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most exceptional areas of the Mediterranean, the East coast of Majorca, is known for its fantastic white sandy beaches with crystalline water and beautiful landscapes. This aparthotel in Cala d'Or, for its outstanding hospitality, delicious gastronomy and tastefully refurbished rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Hotel Cala d`Or
- Aparthotel Ferrera Blanca Cala D'Or, Majorca