“We really enjoyed the holiday.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Protur Bonamar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cala Bona
Protur Bonamar
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Cala Bona
swansea
“We really enjoyed the holiday.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Te Bonamar is a very good hotel. It is very clean, well run and provides good food in the restaurant. We were in a side sea view room on the fourth floor . Yes, the room was quite small but totally adequate for two weeks. The room had a flat screen TV which had a good number of British channels, which was great. The towels were changed every day and we had no problems.
Natalie, who is part of the animation team is excellent. She was very friendly and did her best to get as many people involved in the hotels daily activities without being pushy.
The hotel has and excellent position with it being situated right in the middle of the resorts of Cala Bona and Cala Millor.
Both of us really enjoyed our holiday and will go back in the future.

Room Tip: The views are better from the upper floors.
3 Thank squashmad

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

had 11 days , love this hotel, everyone so friendly, its clean, and in great location, sunbeds are plenty and comfy, pool lovely and big and warm, food great choice and plenty of mains and deserts and cheese and fruit and crackers, tip if its your first time request a garden view room, they are the best for views and quiet, we aleays send them email 2 weeks before going to the hotel requesting garden room, as one year they gave us room by street and next to lift, they did change the room for us because we had been before but told us to send email to confirm, also if its your second , or third ect visit, they always put a free bottle of bubbly in your room with glasses and in an ice bucket to say welcome back, thats service, can not fault this hotel at all, going to calabona next year with grandson so cant stay at bonamar as adults only, i hope find good hotel, cos bonamar takes some beating, spar shop down road brill, eileen and pedro lovely sally and steve

Room Tip: email two weeks before with room request
10 Thank sally c
Eastbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

What a revelation! Apart from being in a scene from 'Cocoon' the hotel, it's staff, it's food, it's overall atmosphere was really very very good! Clean, friendly, truly helpful and considerate staff, minimal fuss, good entertainment, great variety and quantities of food. The hotel is ideally placed, just between Calas Bona and Millor. Although the resort was full of people it wasn't noisy nor intimidating - great for the older generation and families alike. We will return!

Room Tip: Hot without a/c but it was high summer!!
3 Thank eastbournestrangler
Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

We have just returned today from a fantastic holiday at the Protur Bonamar. I travelled with my two daughters (17 & 21) and one of their friends (hubby couldn't come this year!). I was a bit worried that the girls would find an adults only hotel a bit boring, seeing as there were quite a few "senior citizens" there, but they enjoyed it so much they want to go back next year! So, this is my review of the hotel.
Rooms: as stated previously by other reviewers, they are quite small but perfectly adequate. We really did only use our rooms to get changed in the evening and sleep in, so we didn't spent that much time there. I have to say that the rooms (as is everywhere else in the hotel) are kept spotlessly clean. The beds were comfy, and even though ours faced onto a side street, there was no noise at all! We all slept very well.
Restaurant: We all thought the food was very good. There was plenty of choice at breakfast as well as at dinner; even the fussiest diner would find something to eat. Waiting staff were good (if anything, a little too quick at removing your plate sometimes!), we used to go for dinner around 7.45 and had no trouble finding a table, in fact we used the same one most nights.
Pool: Fantastic! The water was exceptionally warm, and with the weather in the high 90s we spent most of the time in the lovely pool. I echo a previous comment about the sunbeds: I have NEVER been to a hotel where you can guarantee to get sunbeds with umbrellas at any time of day! Although some people still insist on "claiming their spot", at the earliest opportunity, there really was no need to at all - we always had breakfast before coming out to the pool area, and had our choice of beds. The pool/terrace area has had a makeover this year I believe; all the beds are brand new and the decking makes the area look very smart indeed. One other thing: I have been to other hotels where music around the pool is at a deafening level, but not at the Bonamar - I found it just right: nice background music that you don't have to shout over to make yourself heard.
Entertainment: The hotel's animation team (Natalie!) is just great! She did the usual killer darts, rifle shooting, daily quiz etc. during the day, and bingo in the evenings. Everyone I spoke to thought she was just fantastic; she has just the right amount of enthusiasm, there's no pressure to participate if you don't want to, and she must remember virtually everyone's name! She is a real asset to the hotel, so well done Natalie! Evening entertainment was your standard fare: singers, tribute acts etc. It's not fantastic, but a pleasant enough way to while away a warm evening.
Bar: Bar staff were very good, especially Jose. I thought the bar prices were very reasonable, 2.95 Euros for a G&T, not bad especially as we walked into Callor Millor one night and had a drink on the sea front at the Texas bar and got fleeced: 3.60 Euros for the gin . . . and another 1.60 Euros for the tonic!! Needless to say I only had the one!
Reception: Very well manned, with friendly staff; papers available every day. Pool towels available (for a deposit), kept very clean and gives a good impression of the hotel.
Other: I read about the great service received at the local Spar up the road in respect of sandwiches for lunch. We only did this one day, obviously went at the wrong time because the place was heaving! However, freshly made baguettes for 1.60 Euros had to be seen to be believed, and the staff were so friendly. I queued to get 4 sandwiches made up, and when I went to pay found that I had left my purse on my sunbed (miraculously still there when I went back!!). The proprietor said "Oh give me the money next time you see me" - I'd never met her before! How lovely to have that outlook on life (needless to say I was back with my payment like a shot!)
So, there's my review. All in all we had a fantastic time at the Bonamar, and I am confident we'll be back in the not too distant future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank NikkiDHitchin_Herts_
yorks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

First time away as a couple only and we could not have picked a better Hotel. Spotlessly clean with maid service to your room everyday. There was a good mixture of ages the older which made for great fun by the pool with Natalie doing a brilliant job. We have never been to a Hotel before were you have never had to fight for a sun bed or umbrella but no matter what time you went out you could easily get a bed. The bar and pool area were also spotless and all the staff were brilliant. The prices at the bar were good too. All though not all of the food was to our personal liking there was always something to choose in the restaurant with an excellent salad bar being constantly re filled throughout and the pudding section will not disappoint. The breakfast service was very good as well . The location was perfect with the pool area looking out to a great sea view. You have the best of both worlds to the left Cala Bona and to the right Cala Millor. Both easy walks and flat no hills. Plenty of bars to choose from. The harbour area in Cala Bona is a great place to go for a drink on a night. The area around the hotel was very quiet on a night and we slept like logs every night.
If you want a great snack on a dinner try the local Spar directly to your right of the Hotel front. Run by Pedro and Eileen they do fantastic sandwiches and the drinks and water are a lot cheaper than the hotel. Go early and pre order as they do sell out they are that popular.
I would recommend this Hotel to anyone without question we had a brilliant week.

8 Thank westy_8
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

had two weeks at this hotel and had a really nice time, all the staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean, towels were changed every day, and the food was exellent,I have to put in a word about natalie who worked very hard with the guests what a girl! she had lots of people joing in the fun,and if you just wanted to watch and enjoy that was also fine.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bethalan
wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

Food was excellent every day, all the staff very freiendly the cleaniliness of the rooms and hotel first class. Natalie was a little gem she worked very hard on providing entertainment thoughout the day and at night. will definately go back.

4 Thank pkibble
Protur Biomar Gran Hotel & Spa
SENTIDO Castell de Mar
SENTIDO Castell de Mar
#5 of 65 in Cala Millor

Been to Protur Bonamar? Share your experiences!