Protur Bonaire Aparthotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Catalonia del Mar(Cala Bona)
  • Pool
Hotel Cala Bona(Cala Bona)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sur(Cala Bona)
  • Restaurant
La Luna Hotel(Cala Bona)
  • Beachfront
2,399 results
All reviewssplash poolpirate shipkids clubself cateringthomson repsmain poolnext yearsoft play areafamily holidayrimini restaurantyoung childrenevening entertainmententertainment teamexcellent family hotelroom in blockkids lovetots
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We've just returned from our second stay at the Bonaire (our first being 2 years ago) and yet again we weren't disappointed with this wonderful hotel, all geared up with families in mind. I emailed in advance to request the same room, or same block (4) if possible, and we were given the room next door, which was very clean and had everything we needed. Our kids were constantly entertained, be it at the splash pool, Kids club or Drop in club, and all the reps did a fantastic job. We were self catering again, so can't comment on the food at the hotel, but Cala Bona is a beautiful resort and there are plenty of lovely places to eat.

We hired a car for three days from the hotel (or Protur cars) and the book on the reception desk details the prices, along with daily offers; however be aware that these are changed daily. These were very well priced and included everything we needed, so I would recommend this to see more of beautiful Majorca. This allowed us to see the Serra de Tramuntana mountains, the Soller train, and we found some lovely beaches, particularly Cala Mesquida and Cala de Sant Vicent.

We did two trips through Thomson - Palma Cathedral , which isn't badly priced, and the Pirates Adventure which was brilliant. We booked the main deck seats but were able to upgrade to Quarterdeck at the venue at a cheaper price than charged by Thomson. However, regardless of the seat, we would definitely do this again.

The only thing that lets this hotel down is the air conditioning - on several occasions it was cooler on the balcony than in the room, and one night it broke altogether, which led to a bad night's sleep. It turned out it had gone off in the whole block, and it was fixed later that day. I just wish that we could control it ourselves.

We aren't sure whether we will return here but that is a personal preference that we like to try new places, and it was unusual for us to go one place twice! But overall this is a cracking hotel, ideal for families, and especially ideal if this is your first time abroad with little ones.

If you have booked this, I hope you have a great time!

Room Tip: Block four was good for a quieter room and email the hotel in advance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank DeborahS30
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was our second visit so if you see my previous review of 2 years ago, everything in there about the apartments is still the same in the sense that not a lot has changed. This is still an excellent place to stay.

The rooms are furnished to a high standard and are exactly as I remember them to be and so are maintained very well.

Can't speak to the food as we preferred to eat out, but generally those I spoke to who were half board or all inclusive all said the food was good/decent and I didn't hear anyone complain about the food.

The splash pool is excellent and my 6 year old loved it.

The hotel staff are all very nice.

The Thompsons staff were all brilliant. The kids club staff, sorry but I can't remember all their names, but helicopter Hanna and Mandy(whose nickname I can't remember) both were very nice and great girls, but the whole team were excellent, friendly and my daughter Keira loved kids club.

The entertainment staff deserve a special mention as well as they work very hard long hours and you never found them in a bad mood. My daughter said Natatui was her favourite dancer and Minnie Mouse Megan was her favourite announcer/singer, both girls were very good, energetic, friendly, nice and deserve a medal for all their hard work.

We will definitely return here.

Room Tip: Block 4, facinf pirate pool gets sun in afternoon/night and is quiet at night for early to bed kids.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hendy7
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned home from a great week in the Bonaire. It was our first holiday as a family with our 1yr old daughter. This hotel is absolutely fantastic! We went all inclusive and it was well worth it. Every meal time there was a great selection and variety of foods always something available. The italian restaurant was also beautiful. Our daughter loved this place the staff were excellent, although we didn't use the creche the girls came over and made a fuss over her everyday and she loved the attention especially co-co pop courtney! Night time entertainment was great and kids loved the variety. Rooms were lovely and spacious we were in block 2 and had an extra large balcony with sun loungers on. We will be booking to come back here without a doubt.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Kelly T
Reviewed July 16, 2014

If you want the perfect family hotel I would suggest you look no further. Facilities, staff, food, entertainment team, kids clubs all superb. Splash pool is great for kids and Cala Bona is a wonderful little town. Could not be happier.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Martin H
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in block 2 above the restaurant, I'd requested a room with the sun on the balcony in the afternoon but got the opposite Morning sun! The staff were all friendly and welcoming, the entertainment team were excellent and kept all the children entertained. Food was good, breakfast and evening meal were very good but the lunch wasn't very good, but at least it stopped us over eating. Drinks were good but I didn't like the fact that all inclusive filtered water when paying guest hot bottled!!! All inclusive have already pre-paid for it so they should get the same. I wouldn't go back as my youngest is 17 and it's definitely for younger children, there was always screaming children at meal times and the parents just seem to ignore them, (there are on holiday as well) I would highly recommend this to families with young children but would strongly advise couples to avoid it and got to Protur Roquetas de mar Almeria

Stayed: July 2014