“great family holiday”

and 1 more site!
Protur Bonaire Aparthotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Cala Bona
Reviewed February 19, 2014

great, excellent.booked again for june cannot wait,but please change the sun beds?went al for the first time,food was good,great for kids and shows brillant,morning of departure was 5 in the morning.
,staff the night before put lovely breakfast in the room, lovely touch.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank celine D

Reviewed February 6, 2014

It would appear that Thomson have removed the s/c option from their offering for July & Aug bookings (HB or AI only). I've already booked mine thankfully, but I'm sad to say this will be our 5th and last visit unless that policy changes. We don't visit the lovely resort and harbour of Cala Bona to spend 2 weeks in the hotel restaurant! It strikes me as unfair on the local bars and restaurants, and very short-term focused of Thomson.
Looks like we'd better enjoy this one even more than usual!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
16  Thank Dosser130967
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here last year July 2013 and have booked again this year. Went with two sets of grand-parents and a 5 and 3 year old. My 3 year old has a milk allergy. The hotel could not have been more accomodating. They were absolutely amazing. The chef made fresh sorbet and they brought soya lolly ices and cheese in. Stuff I can't even get in the UK. They made him everything and anything he wanted without milk products. They gave me a menu every day of what they had and this was broken down into what had milk in and what didn't but they would also make me anything I wanted anyway. The place is spotless and there are plenty of staff about and the apartments beautiful. I really cannot understand how anyone can fault this hotel. The food was second to none and so fresh. I have genuinely never stayed at a better hotel on holiday. The manager was lovely and always about the hotel ensuring everything was as it should be. He even said goodbye to all guests when they departed! The entertaintment team never stop and are very friendly. The hotel really has thought of every detail such as the splash park - a lot of it is shaded, which is perfect. The play area is shaded also. The apartments have everything you need and are cleaned every day with fresh towels. The staff, especially at the bar are brilliant and it is waiter/ress service which means you don't have to get out of your seat! I would like to personally thank Magdaline who worked in the restaurant and the english lady (can't recall her name) for making the holiday so stress free and being extremeley helpful in relation to my son who has allergies. We cannot imagine going anywhere else. We stayed in Block one above reception. i was slightly dissapointed at first as I thought it was going to be noisy, but it wasn't it was absolutely fine. Cala Bona resort is a nice shortish walk from the hotel into Callor Millor with plenty of shops/bars and beach. A supermarket is also two minutes away should you need one. The quality of drinks and food for all inclusive is honestly the best I have ever had. All the fantastic reviews are so true!!

Room Tip: We stayed in block one above reception and it was absolutely fine. Block 4 and 5 are at the back of...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Joanne A
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed here Sept 2013 with my wife and 10 mth son . Stayed all inclusive. Plenty of options for food, whether it was in the main restaurant, splash park pool side or at the main bar . The Italian restaurant is also worth a visit or two (we weren't limited as to how many times we went)
The splash park and soft play area were great for the little one. There were also a number of play areas for older children.
The indoor pool was a great alternative. Although it was a little slippery at the pool side.
I use the supervised gym a few times and there is probably enough equipment to tide over even the keenest of trainers
The walks along the front and harbour are ideal for putting baby to sleep . But take some bread to feed the fish in the harbour :) the kids will love it
As stated in so many of the reviews, the staff were first class, friendly and helpful.
The best endorsement I can give is that we have booked again this year !

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank SCWBIDW
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed here with the whole family and everyone had such a lovely time! Great hotel, nice and helpful staff. Really good sized swimming pool with great bar and entertainment. Would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank ashleigh_priest
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Have been here so many times i cant even remember now many!! Tried to book up for next july 10 months in advance ...couldn't get in! says it all really doesnt it? 2013 went to florida and a caribbean cruise, which was amazing!! But still really looking forward to going back to cala bona even though we are not stopping in the bonaire this year, we will definately be popping in! Staff, cleanliness, the rooms...it goes on and on. We always go self catering so cant really comment on the food as it is lovely to have a stroll down to the harbour to eat on a evening. The high percentage of returning guests is also a testament to the place. Maybe the play area is getting a bit shabby i dont know as our boys are too old now, although they used a lot when they were younger! But after (approx) 9 visits to the place we have never had any safety issues... A lot of people who have children with disabilities go there too as it is fully inclusive with ramps literally everywhere...its just great! Our kids enjoyed florida last couple of years but cant wait to go back to cala bona!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank GRAHAM100
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I came to Protur Bonaire in May 2013, myself, my partner and my daughter absolutely loved it! the only downside was the weather as if rained most days - so we've book again this year for July.

The food was good, i am normally a fussy eater but 95% of the things they served, the best was the lamb shanks.

cant fault anything wrong with the bar staff, they were lovely, very friendly - even came over to top our drinks up on the entertainment nights even though we didn't ask for them.

The rooms where very nice, spotless and cleaned on a daily basis - we was above the entertainment and I personally didn't find it loud considering where our room and my daughter whose 4, didn't have a problem either.

Cant wait to return on the 9th July - hoping I get a room near the entertainment :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
#12 of 19 in Cala Bona
Hotel Cala Bona
Hotel Cala Bona
#7 of 19 in Cala Bona

Been to Protur Bonaire Aparthotel? Share your experiences!