“best holidays”

and 1 more site!
Protur Bonaire Aparthotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Cala Bona
Reviewed January 13, 2013

best holidays ever. our little boy absolutely loves this place, thomson the dog and pirate ship splash pool, and so do we food is great rooms are lovely reps are friendly all-in-all really nice holidays by the pool for lazy parents and kids

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Radek Z
There are newer reviews for Protur Bonaire Aparthotel

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have visited this hotel twice in the past year with our two children aged 2 and 4 and thought it was fantastic. The staff are so friendly and helpful. On our second visit one member of staff recognised our daughter which was really nice. The rooms are very clean, very spacious and on our second visit they had been refurbished and were really, really nice. (We asked for block 4 as the rooms are quieter). We spent our days around the childrens pool which is seperate from the main pool and has it's own sunloungers and pool bar. The children's pool is great with several slides and water features. We paid for all inclusive and the food was fantastic. An impressive choice of food for breakfast/lunch and dinner. The food was always hot and every night at dinner there was something different. The location is good, we would walk into the harbour every evening where there were many, many bars and restaurants and street entertainment. Our children didn't use the kids club but it did look very popular. I can't praise this hotel enough. A perfect family friendly hotel to visit.

Room Tip: Block 4 is generally quieter as it towards the back of the complex and away from the outdoor stage w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
20  Thank Tanya1__12
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My partner, baby girl (6months) and I stayed in the Bonaire 17-27th sept, in short we has a fabulous first family holiday and was not disappointed!

We paid £1700 for all inclusive 10nights through Thomson and believe this price was fair. Nearly all of what I have to say is positives, anything else is just some improvements.

The review has ended quite lengthy so to bullet point:

Positives - pool, staff, food, clean hotel, rooms

Negatives - close beach not great, children entertainment on to late even for a 'family' resort, wasps

Improvements - entertainment for parents, covers for food outside, tables around pools for drinks (I kicked at least 1 a day over, attracting more wasps!) there was a lot of them too.

The Hotel - wonderful! Pool is huge but cold! Splash pool is fab for little ones again cold but they don't seem to care... There was no issue with sunbeds and we would always have a choice at gone 10am.

There's a soft play which the kids loved and even better for us a baby's room! Niamh loved it, loads of toys to play with and a bumbo for babies not sitting yet. They have really thought of everything.

Crèche - I can't comment as didn't use it but the girls seem lovely and are all nvq 3 qualified and crb checked so I would have used them if I felt need too.

Clean - The hotel was exceptionally clean, new towels nearly every day, they mowed the lawns cleaned windows the list is endless I was very impressed with how proud they are of their hotel.

Rooms - beautiful new modem rooms with lots of space and everything you need. In particular for me the microwave as I am still sterilising bottles. They even had a blender for weaning mummy's!! Beds were hard but what do you expect? Any hotel I've been in has been the same, they were clean so I was happy. Note the doors to the rooms do not always lock if you just leave them to close so be sure too pull them closed when you leave. All the baby stuff is mothercare and good, paid for a playpen which was fab, brand new!

Food - anyone who complains has to be the fussiest person in the world!!! The food was excellent, there was so much choice you didn't eat the same thing twice, my personal favourite was the duck - superb!

Restaruant: There was a chef cooking to order so if you liked you eggs in the morning sunny side up or flipped she would do what you like, omelettes how you wish, steak cooked to order. We was all inclusive but normally always eat out a few times a week (before we came here) we didn't eat out once! There was no point as it would have just been wasting money knowing we could easily get a lovely meal at the hotel.

Pool bar: food by the pool bar was okay, somedays good other days just okay, here the food was repetitive but it's not your only choice so if we didn't want anything there we could go into the main restaurant. You could However order fresh pizzas from the pool lunch or order of the AI menu. They do need covers for the Buffett outside as there was a lot of flies and wasps.

Staff - hotel staff were amazing, all happy to see you all very polite and friendly and what impressed me the most was the manager, he was always around always there to chat, he would greet you as you walk past, check the food in restaurant was okay and I even saw him once going round the Buffett just wiping the sides and lining up all the dishes, again, proud staff proud manager.

Thomson team - fab! Most happy to help, we esp liked ashaboo, great dancer and one of the best on the entertainment team. Welcome meeting was good lots of info and what I liked was they didn't push you into buying tourist things like boat trips etc they offered info and just said have a look and come see us if you like anything, because of that we did book something's!

Entertainment - the team are fab but the entertainment was definitely kids kids kids, I know that's what you expect from a family holiday but personally I thought it went on to long (as did others we spoke too) and the parents need some entertainment too.

It started with T Time which is pretty much same thing every night. Kids disco , giggly chair , Thomson the dog. This went on till about 930 when the 'nights' entertainment would begin, sometimes it would be for the adults sometimes for the kids again I.e Cinderella.

The Amy whine house and lAdy gaga performer was shocking but they they had a illusionist one night and he was fab! Tom jones was okay and the women (duet) towards the end was fab.

The problem was after the night entertainment finished at about 1030-1100ish the entertainment team would go back to children's entertainment. I'm not kidding if I never hear chocolatè or the superman song ever again it won't be to soon. Anyone I spoke to agreed that just leaving the music on would be sufficient for the Adults to wind down, instead you go to bed with those annoying songs in your head!!

Location - lovely little resort, harbour was beautiful and lovely walk day or night. Loads of restaurants for those eating out and street entertainment which was good. I personally like a sing song and there was lack of 'pubs' I thought but it didn't matter to much as 20min walk to calla Millor and there was more going on. No Irish bars though!?!? Seriously need one it would go down a treat!

Beaches - nearest to hotel is not great it you want a nicer one keep walking to calla Millor or even better Sa Coma!!! Amazing beach! We went on boat trip and stopped there, wish we had sooner in trip as the beach was stunning, water crystal clear and went out thigh high for about 1000km perfect for me and baby!

Trips - boat ride was okay but not the best, really it was just transport from one resort to another and next year we will just get a taxi!
Pirates: in Magaluf was amazing, second time I've seen it and my partner loved it too. I forgot how loud it was so when it started I was worried at first because of baby but she loved it! The acrobatics are brilliant, well worth 60euros for dinner drinks and show. Note though it does take 1hr 10min to get there!

Sorry this has turned out to be a long review!

See you all next year!

• Stayed: September 2012
19  Thank Sheilaghanne85
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at the Bonaire in August 2012 and couldn't fault it. In fact we have booked for next year which we have never done before! Very clean, rooms spacious (ask for block 4 if you want to be away from the outdoor stage). Staff very friendly. My children, aged 7 and 4, enjoyed the kids club and I was pleased there was a wider age drop in so they could go together. Spacious pools and we had a lot of fun playing splash bingo and making whirlpools with the entertainment team. Great splash park with slides and pirate ship which kept the kids busy for ages. Evening entertainment a little monotonous but the children enjoyed it and if they were happy so were we! Good choice in resturant, food fresh and quickly replenished. We didn't experience any long queues in restaurant or at the bars. Lots to do all round and the local area was nice for a wander too.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter evening away from the outdoor stage ask for block 4.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Julesprice73
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel several years ago now and from the photos it looks like it has only got better since with the addition of the water play area. We got rather sick of the constant 'Thompson...the dog' references but our daughter loved it. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor to avoid hearing your neighbours scrape their chairs across the balcony first t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank HarveyMarch
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Bonnaire is a lovely, family friendly hotel. It has pools, a pool for everyone an another pool near the kids club, also, near the kids club, is a football pitch. There is also a little stage outside for the kidsclub to use and there is a ping pong table and a tiy inside babies area. At night there are acts or live bands, it is very fun and entertaining!! before these start there is a disco for the kids and games. You can stay i the hall thing for as long as you want. You can stay there and play on the stage. The good things are that there are lots of things to do there including days out, like to a pantomime called pirates, I went to see pirates an foor food the pirates came and served us!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very nice and comfy, i would prefer one onthe bottom floor so it is closer to t...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank barbara b
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Two weeks all inclusive. Great food, spoilt for choice, spotlessly clean rooms public areas, gardens and pools, great family entertainment, staff simply the best, cannot do enough for you, entertainment team that work their socks off day and night. To those people who haven't been so impressed , get a life, let your hair down and enjoy partying with the kids who are our future, and if you don't like all the fun and frolics of spending time with the youngsters go to a Gold hotel and join the others waiting for God! All in all a brilliant time and our good wishes go to the hotel manager who must be so proud to have such a caring and friendly team working for him. 1 small gripe, please give some attention to the concrete area around the splash pool it's so slippery when wet and sooner or later an excited little person will have a nasty accident.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel
Grupotel Mallorca Mar
Grupotel Mallorca Mar
#12 of 19 in Cala Bona

Been to Protur Bonaire Aparthotel? Share your experiences!