“Lovely apartment”

Aparthotel Cap de Mar
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Cala Bona
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It's always good when somewhere turns out to be better than expected. We arrived late evening wondering where we might find something to eat and were delighted to find prepared salads in the fridge. The staff were friendly and helpful, the apartment and pool area were spotlessly clean and we also had a sea view. The food was generally of a good standard although if I'm being picky I did come back craving proper breakfast cereal and cheese & biscuits at dinner. The apartment itself was modern and comfortable - there wasn't really anywhere to prepare food but since we were half board that wasn't a problem and you could buy made up baguettes at the shop just across the road at very reasonable prices. The entertainment was better some evenings than others so a couple of days we walked to the nearby Thomson Gold hotel or had a stroll down to the harbour for coffee. The hotel is very central to the resort and right next to the beach. I'd also recommend hiring bicycles for a few hours for a leisurely trip along the coast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank janicehelen

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I organised a suprise trip for our friends 50th there were 3 of us travelling 40-49 (shes not yet 50)age group. I was really worried as just before we went I realised that it was only a one bed apart. I had thought there were 2. I had written to the hotel but unfortunately got no response back from them to clarify if it was only 1 or 2.
However we arrived late at night and I was delighted to see that they took my comment on board and gave us a room with a sea view. the apartment was very spacious and I did get the couch but it was a big L shaped couch where my bed was made up on one end of it. I was 6 months pregnant at the time so it was important that I was comfortable. the bed felt like that of a Tempura matress where it just absorbs the shape of your body. It was great and I slept brilliant.
Very clean, very friendly no complaints whatsoever. the pool side was clean and plenty of chairs. Even though you are on the main walk way it is so quiet. I have recommended it to my friend who has a son in a wheel chair the hotel caters for all their needs and there is a chair lift in and out of the pool also.
I will definitely return as will my 2 friends.

Room Tip: 201 or 301 if you want the best room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank FBIgal
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at Cap de Mar for three weeks and enjoyed every moment! Very nice and clean, and the staff was exceptionally nice and serviceminded! The room was nice and clean, although pretty basic, and we had an oceanview. Comfortable beds and couch.
Since we booked with half-board, we were happliy surprised that the food was so excellent. We ate there every morning and night for three weeks and never got tired of it, there was something for everybody!
Nice pool, never a problem to get a sunchair, although we mostly went to the beach in Cala Millor or one of the other beaches along the coast (had a rental car...).
There was a spa downstairs with a jacuzzi and a swimmingpool with warm saltwater, nice to float around in after a day at the beach.
The brand new roof terrace was great, with a jacuzzi and lots of sunchairs and a great view of the mountains and the ocean!
I definitely recommend this hotel and we will hopefully go back next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cattisp
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we arrived at Cap De Mar hotel so we got the best treatment you can get, the reception staff helped us in the best way, we immediately felt the positive mood. We were shown to a very nice room on the first floor of the main building, we had a sea view, there were bathrobes, fruit and a bottle of champagne in the fridge, the better can not a 21-day vacation start. The next big surprise was that the hotel had a very exclusive and nice roof terrace with new beds and whirlpool, front facing the sea was covered so you could see the entire Mediterranean. The next thing that made us surprised and excited was that both breakfast and dinner was a sumptuous buffet, there was everything you could wish for, plus a staff that was super proffesional. It was a delight and a memorable experience to stay at this hotel for three weeks, we will soon go there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter J
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

stayed for 10 days from 12th June had stayed before so knew what to expect, rooms are modern and spotless as given a very good clean everyday including making up your beds and free fruit and bottle of cava will be left in your room .pool area is not huge but never once went without sunbed anytime of the day, nice choice of food varied everyday and drinks from bar good price for a hotel. Exellent location all staff helpfull and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank dean-amy
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Cap de mar hotel in early June,we loved it the hotel was very clean and the service from the staff was excellent from the manager downwards,the hotel was located in the centre of the resort and provided a comfortable base to explore the area. The food was first class in the dining room and we both gained a few pounds each,plenty of sun beds when we were there with parasols and the pool was lovely and clean.
would we return a definite yes

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Derky56
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stay at this hotel - you will not be disappointed.
We arrived 22 May2013 for a two week stay and experienced a very warm welcome from the manager and receptionist.
Our room was spacious, comfortable and very clean and exactly what we had asked for.
The food is excellent and the dining room staff very friendly and attentive.
As well as the buffet service there is always a chef on morning and night to cook eggs, bacon and omelettes (you have to try the omelettes) for breakfast and meat and fish at the evening service.
The outdoor pool was cold but this was due to the drop in night time temperatures, as summer moves on it will heat up!! We tried the heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi which was fantastic and the kids loved it.
Pascal provided the daytime and evening entertainment, anything from pool to table tennis and ‘Sjoelen - the game of Holland’. The kids loved the Junior Disco and although the number of children staying at the hotel was small Pascal was always there to keep them entertained.
One of the best kept secrets of the hotel is the roof top terrace (sorry kids it’s adults only) with its sun loungers, showers, hot tub and panoramic views across the bay of Cala Millor, you will need to get a pass from reception.
We did the boat trip from Cala Millor (sea adventure) including a visit to the Caves of Drach in Porto Cristo which was good value for money and the caves are spectacular.
From the manager through to the domestics all staff were friendly and courteous and with the comforts the hotel provided we had a fantastic holiday and although we don’t like to go back to the same place twice we will stay at Cap de Mar again. Brilliant 

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
#12 of 59 in Cala Millor
Hotel Catalonia del Mar
Hotel Catalonia del Mar
#8 of 19 in Cala Bona

Been to Aparthotel Cap de Mar? Share your experiences!