“Very rude waiter with no idea about food intolerences”

Paparazzi Restaurante
Ranked #41 of 68 Restaurants in Cala Bona
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Went to Cala Bona in July 2012 and had a great time. My daughter is a coeliac and most restaurants were more than happy to use our own pizza bases or our gluten free pasta; however this place just dismissed us very rudely and offhand. The waiter wouldn't even entertain the thought of it and said so in front of other customers. Very embarrassing for all of us but particularly my daughter. Will definitely not go back and suggest everyone else stays away as the previous comments are all very true.

Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Please don't waste your money going to this place! Even though setting is great the staff are the worst I've ever experienced! Food is average and overpriced. We were made to feel like an inconvience! Be aware that they also own the pizzeria along the road heading towards the Sunwing resort the one with the chill out bar (sorry can't remember the name) it's just as bad!

3  Thank Audrey E
Reviewed July 16, 2012

6 of us dined here last week and we enjoyed the meal so I thought I would post a review, Then I read the previous postings so maybe I got lucky. If we go to Cala Millor we usually eat at Pirandello's (excellent) but we turned up in Cala Bona with no clear idea of where we wanted to eat but the Paparazzi seemed a prime location and busy enough to suggest it should be ok. A couple of tables were reserved for others but we only had a 10 minute wait before a table was free. We ordered drinks and waited around 30 mins for main courses to arrive, all enjoyed a variety of dishes, my dynamite pizza was excellent. The service was good, nothing to complain about. The bill came to 83 Euros for 2 rounds of drinks and 6 main courses, which I didn't think was expensive, I would have paid more than that at home without the lovely setting. I will try here again next time I am in the area.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Thought we'd try this as the setting was nice. Sat down on a table next to the harbour only to be told I couldn't sit there (do you see a pattern forming). I said I'm sorry I didn't realise it was taken as there was no reserved sign on it. Moved one table back which was a struggle with a pushchair. Lo and behold within 10 minutes some people who were obviously friend of the staff/boss came and sat down (another pattern?!!). We ordered and waited. Then the next table filled up. Obviously friends again as they got cloth napkins not the paper ones were were given! Then the first table of friends got their drinks within minutes and dinner within 10. By the time they'd left we'd ony just been delivered our food and it was very average. Don't bother. Unless you're friends of the staff, you'll get treated like royalty.

1  Thank ilovethatbag
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Visited this evening with wife and child. Ordered pizzas and drinks. Food ok although not exceptional. Also a tad overpriced. My main gripe was the poor service. I would say brusque more than rude staff. The whole place seemed chaotic and didnt make for a relaxing experience. We had people hovering by our table waiting to be seated and some guy with a ponytail and white jeans seemed more bothered about cramming more people in than serving those who were already seated. Various tables seemed to be reserved so might be worth reserving a table in advance if you dont want seating issues. Would i visit again? Possibly.

1  Thank HantsGlobetrotter