We spent a week at the Grupotel Gran Vista in C’an Picafort at the beginning of July. We always do a lot of research on Trip Advisor prior to choosing our Hotel and we were not disappointed with our choice. There are plenty of grounds and swimming pools as well as sunbeds so there is never a need to get up early to get a bed.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful and we had to ring the Thomson helpline to locate a lost pirate teddy for a distraught granddaughter which she had left on a bus. The teddy was reunited with one very happy girl which was brought to her hotel room – so first class service.
The food was good with plenty of choice and the restaurant had several different areas with seating, so finding a table was never a problem. If there is a criticism it would just be the way the food was laid out which was a little confusing and avoiding other diners was a constant issue, but you got used to it.
The rooms were spacious, décor of ensuite very good, plenty of English TV channels. The wardrobes were of a good size with enough clothes hangers. Only downside for me was the ensuite door which does not shut like a conventional door and opens each way and tends to swing – resulting in one very bruised arm. Also anyone using the ensuite at night needs to put the light on which then illuminates the whole bedroom as the door is made of glass which isn’t entirely opaque or private.
Not a bad location as only a short walk to a street lined with shops and bars leading to a sandy beach and promenade. Quite easy to catch a bus to Alcudia, Muro and Port de Pollenca
Entertainment great for kids early evening with usually band or tribute act on in the evening. Lovely rooftop bar with fabulous views and occasional evening entertainment as well.
We would recommend this hotel for families - must be one of the best hotels in the resort. We would definitely consider using Grupotels again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 M away from the Can Picafort beach. Wellness & fitness Spa. Attractive relax and health programmes. Rooms & Apartments: air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Terrace. Apartments: Living room with sleeping-couch and kitchen. Sport & Leisure: swimming pools. Children's pools. Swimming lessons. Bicycle Center. Tennis courts. Minigolf. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Theme buffets. Show Cooking. Pool-Bistro. Panorama & Lounge bar with terrace. Special Services: Discounts on green fees at several golf clubs in Mallorca. Car rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Gran Vista Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Grupotel Gran Vista & Spa Ca'n Picafort, Majorca