“Old fashion, very basic. Ok if you are looking for a simple accommodation right next to the beach”
Review of Hotel JS Miramar

Hotel JS Miramar
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I went there for 2 nights with a friend. We were looking for affordable accommodation close to the beach. It did the job. However I would need to mention that it is really dated (I guess they did not change the bed covers since the beginning of the 80's), the lift is a bit scary and keep trying to squeeze you between the doors.
We were upgraded as I work in the travel industry and we got a room with sea view (meaning sea view on your right side as the bedrooms are not facing the sea)
However I have to say the location was great, right next to the beach (where you can rent a beach deck chair for only £3.50 a day !) and at the edge of San baulo which is a nice area, looking a bit more "real".
It is also close to many restaurants (which look tacky tourist but are maybe actually not that bad - we tried the Pirates and were positively surprised)
Another restaurant to try is raphas' la teraccita (not facing the sea but offering really good food) which is about 15 min walk.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank frenchyinlondon
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Frenchyinlondon ,

First, thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your beautiful and free hotel stay in October.

We hope you enjoyed the fantastic views of the port of Palma de Mallorca .

Our staff is very passionate about the service and the people we are privileged to serve.

Sorry to hear that we could not meet their expectations related to the elevator and the bed I've already passed your comments to the person in charge , to review procedures and ensure superb services of each dish , and we understand that it is a primary factor to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.

I passed you kind words to the team who appreciate your time and look forward to welcoming you both back on a future visit to the island.

Remember you can also follow our " " JS Hotels " " profile through the major social networks .

Regards,
JS Miramar Team "

Reviewed October 14, 2013

On the whole the hotel was clean the staff were very friendly the food was good but the menu was only in German , hotel 20 feet from the beach,the area clean & tidy, the only thing that spoilt my holiday was I was the only Brit in the hotel

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank fisherman890
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Fisherman890,

Thanks for taking the time to write your comments about our team and our hotel.

It is always wonderful to hear the appreciation from customers, because it means that the service provided is adequate, and for that I give thanks.

We're glad you spent a pleasant stay in the month of September.

I also apologize for that the menu was only in alemán.Comentaré this topic in charge of that area taken into account and put it into more languages.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to this hotel in the near future, and remember you can follow our "JS Hotels" through the major social networks.

Best regards.
JS MiramarTeam

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Me and my girlfriend just returned after 8 days at this hotel. We think our stay was fantastic. The staff was very kind and helpful, the food was great and the location was good as well. 3 Times per week there was entertainment in the evening. The staff speaks quite good German and they always smile.

All in all I can recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dohmen
John C, Director General at Hotel JS Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Dohmen,

What a fantastic 5 stars praise!

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely feedback about our team and our hotel.
It is always wonderful to hear acknowledgment of the team and the art of service that they so enjoy.

Knowing that you and your girlfriend have had a most enjoyable stay and also that you recommend us is a perfect reward for a job well done.

We look forward to having you back as our guest soon, and remember you can also follow our profile “JS Hotels” through the main social media networks.

Best wishes,
JS Miramar Team

Reviewed July 18, 2013

the hotel has a great location near the sea . All rooms has a partial sea view , it was a quite area near restaurants and shops . The room was big and cleaned every day , the food was great tasted , and different every day . Staff was very helpful every time with a smile . Mallorca is a beautiful island with great beaches . I and my family passed beautiful vacations there

Room Tip: Rooms in second floor has a big balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank edgar g
John C, Director General at Hotel JS Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Edgar,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor.
We strive to provide an amazingly unique holiday hotel experience, and your remarks about cleanness, food and staff service reaffirms that goal! I will pass on your review to JS Miramar Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,
JS Miramar Team

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have just returned after 10 days at this hotel.
First thing;this hotel offers good value for the amount of money paid.
The food was adequate and the room was comfortable.The only grumble was that the air conditioning in the room could have been better.
What was really good about the Miramar is the quality of the staff.
From first meeting the receptionist,Toni, nothing was too much trouble.This followed with the ladies on reception the lovely Laura and Jessica.
Jose did his best in the restaurant and along with Kristian and Eli,;although breakfast could be a little chaotic
All were very helpful.
The hotel is situated near the harbour of Can Picafort and has numerous bars and restaurants in the close vicinity.
One of best places for people watching in the evening as you sit in the wall all the way down the promenade..in you unable to walk far the beach is literally opposite the hotel and stretches for along way to Playa del Muro.
The other way is SonBaulo and the walk through the national Park to the isolated beaches.
If you do this walk please remember it can get very hot so plenty of water essential.
would I go back to the hotel;yes more than likely.

rod

Room Tip: my room did not have much of a view but the hotel is built not facing the beach so difficult to advi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank rodhat
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, right on the beach and on the same strip as all of the shops, bars and restaurants. Ca'n Picafort is an adorable tourist spot. It is quite far from the airport, approx. 80 euros so I would look into other forms of transportation ie rent a car or hire transportation. The hotel was fine, nothing spectacular but nothing to complain about. The room was clean, had a balcony and the bathroom was clean. The elevator was small and a bit scary. Breakfast was okay, we usually managed to get down there right before they closed so the food wasnt the freshest by then but the toast and muffins were fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank fjewel95
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Miramar in Ca'n Picafort for 3 days in June 2012. I had done my research on TripAdvisor, so I think I must have confused this hotel with one of the other Miramar hotels on the island (there are three).

First, it's about 45 min from Palma, so if you stay on this part of the island you will want to rent a car (75 euro a day for automatic/40 to 45 euro for manual). The hotel itself has a good location right on the beach, but it's very outdated and even visably dirty. The reception area is filled with cheap furniture, the elevator is tiny with dirty buttons and doors, the room was awful. I don't think they had changed the sheets from the previous guest (hairs in bed) and the bed was stiff as a board. The bathroom was grubby and needed a good scrubbing. Breakfast was awful unless you're really into sauerkraut and the smell of it. The majority of guests that stay at this hotel and on this part of the island are German. As a result, the hotel food was mostly German. Not at all Spanish fare. My very non-picky husband wouldn't even eat most of it because of the way it smelled and jiggled. The coffee was from one of those machines where you press a button for "coffee with milk." Even Folgers would've been better. The only saving grace was that the hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. They helped us get an affordable car rental when Europcar tried to charge us 125 euro for an automatic car (vs 45 for standard/manual). They also helped us get to the airport when our ride through ResortHoppa went to one of the other Miramar hotels and couldn't get us in time for our flight. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel, but I probably wouldn't recommend this part of the island either.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple