I have to admit, we were slightly worried having read various reviews on trip advisor before our stay that we would have t0o be up at the crack of dawn to secure a sunbed, that the rooms were falling apart and that the food would be awful.
In fact, we had a great time and probably one of the most relaxing holidays we've had for a while.
The grounds are immaculate and beautifully maintained. The size of the complex was great - large enough not to feel hemmed in but small enough that I could allow my 9 year old son a bit of freedom without worrying that he would disappear.
The rooms were a good size and although dated, better than I thought they would be. Our room seemed in generally good order so we may have been lucky in this respect. It was in block 4 at the back of the resort which suited us as it was quiet. It was uself having a separate bath and walk in shower and a separate basin area. We didn't use the kitchen but I think if you were self catering it would probably be a little on the small side. The beds were like concrete!!!
We tended to stay around the 'top' pool as it was a little quieter (although noweher is quiet in peak season August!). I am an early riser so am up and about by 7.30am on holiday anyway with my book. Never had an issue getting a spot for the sunbed and a brolly. Sunbeds were locked until 8.30am but I would grab a chair from the bar and a coffee from the restaurant. Quietest hour of the day by far!
Food in the restaurant was good and I had no complaints here. My only gripe was with the restaurant itself which when filled to capacity was far to hot and crowded. Eating was not a pleasant experience at peak times. The tables are simply far too close together. I also suspect that the staff (who work tirelessly) must run a book as to how much crockery will be broken by guests every mealtime. Not one meal passed without someone dropping a glass or a plate! It was always cleared up immediately. All drinks in the restuarant were self service, which makes for little waiting around but the wine was not great. I'd often get a glass of cava from the bar and take i into dinner with me. The Tex Mex was nice for a change and to sit outside with a proper bottle of wine although the food was only average here. We didn't try the Italian.
The First Choice and hotel staff work incredibly hard and are always pleasant. The evening entertainment is clearly aimed at the children, but they love it. And a happy child makes a happy parent! Kids Clubs were also fab and thw activities varied. Both my 4 year old daughter and 9 year old son went and thought the sessions and the staff were great.
My daughter also signed up for the Swim Academy and in the space of a week went from hating even her face being splashed and being a complete non-swimmer to diving in and swimming! Special thanks and praise to Billy from the Swim Academy team. He is fab and my daughter is his biggest fan! He is so patient with the children and varies the activities so that they never have chance to get bored.
We didn't think much to the resort of C'an Picafort (much prefer Pollensa and Purto Pollensa - there are regular buses to PP and one at 9am to Pollensa).
We would definitely recommend it as it currently stands although this won't be a Holiday Village next year. The big bonus for us was the kids entertainment and I'm not sure this will be as varied next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zafiro Can Picafort hotel is located only 15 min. walking from the stunning beach of Can Picafort, on Majorca's northern coast. Surrounded by the manicured gardens, this exclusive 4-star hotel features some impressive swimming pools, a wide entertainment programme, a delicious gastronomy and much more, which make it the ideal accommodation for some unforgettable family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zafiro Can Picafort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Can Picafort Hotel Ca`n Picafort
- Viva Can Picafort Ca n
- Zafiro Can Picafort Ca'n Picafort, Majorca