“Fabulous family holiday.”

Zafiro Can Picafort
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed for one week at the Holiday Village Viva as a family of 4. This is our third visit to the hotel. Our boys aged 7yrs and 6yrs had an amazing week and did some great activities. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. Hotel staff are friendly and very helpful. The reps were great and made the week amazing. Food is very good, plenty of choice. You also get 2 reservations per week, 1 to use at the restaurant and 1 at the Italian restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank janey0
Write a ReviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed here mid September for 1 week,with my perents and our 1 year old, we were slightly worried about weather and slightly worried about opting for all inslusive option as only ever done all inclusive i'n 5* carrabien and to be honest wasn't expecting to much... We had nothing to worry about! Weather was amazing! Infact perfect for traveling with a 1 year old and the all Inc option was great! Lots of choice! Hot! And restaurants well catered for children, plastic cups, plates and cutlery already there very helpful saves carrying it all around! highchairs already at the tables wich i's a huge help, dragging around or looking for highchairs carrying a baby i's a pain, so all these little things help!!!
Plenty of healthy options for children, not just chips ect!
Warm milk and cold milk available great for babies, I filled my bottles and popped them i'n our fridge, microwaves i'n restaurant too if u want to heat your baby jars up i'n there!
Italian restaurant was lovely, was apprehensive as just i'n a cordend off section of main restaurant but food was really lovely, better than most Italians iv been too! Well worth a visit, if we had Been here longer than a week I'd of def gone back and paid!! Great value!
Mexican was ok, not amazing but staff were lovely! As all staff seemed to be everywhere!!!
Rooms were clean and spacious nice large balconies, tried desperately to upgrade to garden room before we went and couldn't but was fine with room we had!
Pool area was hectic but my 1 year old loved it, plenty of grassy areas if u want to get away from it a bit!
Pool snack bar was nice touch! Fresh fruit available i'n pots to take away, were ideal for little ones! Help yourself to ice creams and ice pops, perfect!
Entertainment was great for little ones, not our usual kind of evening adult entertainment but good all the same, we'd have a walk out about 9ish but from what we saw of it we were pleasantly suprised!
A bit of a walk from beach but a nice walk all the same! We found a nice little road parallel to one we'd been walking down to beach but it was livelier at night with more of the holiday feel!!!
Would def go back! Nice little resort, perfect family hotel! Great value! Ideal for people traveling alone with children too!
Looking forward to trying more holiday villages..., was not by any means a sunny butlins as I had feared!! My only downside i's we didn't book 2 weeks!!! X

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank Danni29
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We booked a week at the 4 star Holiday Village Viva in C'an Picafort Sept 19th 2011 with First Choice (Now my last choice).
On arrival the first night everything looked OK, Nice pool areas,well kept gardens.
In the morning it was totally different,Our apartment kitchen was not suitable for self catering as there was no cupboard space for any shopping so we had make daily trips to the supermarket
The cleaner did not clean the whole apartment so the floors were always rotten dirty.
Towards the end of the holiday we found lots of broken glass in our bedroom where the cleaner had broken something & not bothered to clear all the glass.
It was pure chance that nobody got hurt especially as we had a 5 year old running around with bare feet.
The hotel restaurants were pretty poor & served the same old food,
we did try the Mexican one night but it was no more Mexican than we were.
I have been to Mexico & the food was nothing like what was served in the Viva complex it was very poor & a total waste of money.
The area surrounding the hotel was very dirty with residents letting thier dogs foul the pavements.
At the beach area you had the usual africans pestering you to buy fake watches etc & they even came in the restaurants while you were eating with little done to discourage them.
We spent most of the time getting the bus down to Playa De Muro which is a nicer cleaner resort & only went back to our hotel to sleep.
The hotel was full of kids which is fine but it was so packed that you couldn't get a bed by any of the pools unless you got up very early to put your towel out as many people did.
The hotel entertainment was all child based with nothing for adults at all unless you count bingo,
People left dirty nappies on the floor around the pools & anything else they couldn't be bothered to put into bins.
On our last day I went to pay the bill for the meal we had in the Mexican & one of the staff had tried to forge my partners signature so the reception tried to charge me another £46.
I refused outright & was shown a signature that looked nothing like my partners,
they went away to discuss the matter & came back with a bad attitude but I still would not pay & we left for the airport.
On arrival at Gatwick I found my suitcase had not even left Majorca & the lady at the First Choice desk didn't give a damm.
My partner had left the house keys locked in the case for safe keeping as we had a 12 hour wait from the tiime we checked out of the hotel to our flight time so I had to get a locksmith out to gain entry to my house at a cost of £70.
My suitcase turned up 2 days later
I put in a claim to First Choice 5 weeks ago but have only got an automated reply saying it was being looked into & nothing since.
We have been to Majorca 3 times & loved it but only booked this hotel as a last minute deal thinking it would be nice as it was 4 star.
In fact it was only worthy of 2 stars and that is being generous.

Room Tip: Don't go all inclusive unless you are easily pleased
5  Thank vince1961
Reviewed October 27, 2011

lovely hotel...large comfortable and clean rooms...plenty to do all the time...on the downside food not brill!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jen2205
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We booked this as a last minute holiday with the travel agent. We mentioned that we didn't particularly like going to family orientated hotels as we didn't have children. Granted, we didn't do any "homework" as to what a Holiday Village entailed and the rep didn't advise us either! So, yes it was a shock to arrive to find 100's of little people! However, as we were out of school holiday time the majority of children were below school age and were looked after really well by their parents and reps!
The transfer from Palma to the hotel was about 1hr, and checking in was swift. Our room, was fantastic! Very large and spacious, incl. a kitchenette area which was handy as although on All Inclusive, we could have a cup of tea as soon as we woke up! The only downside to the rooms is that marble flooring carries noise, so lots of scraping of chairs by people below.
The hotel and gardens were immaculate. The pool area was extremely clean and safe. We were amazed at the splash pool for the little'uns - looked fun, but hubby wouldn't let me play there :-(.
Very few children were around the pool during the days as they were taking part in the activities run by the reps and every-one looked to be enjoying themselves.
For an All Incl holiday the food was fine - not to the "rich" standard we would normally expect at a Gold hotel, but there was alot of choice and cooked well. Choice of Tex Mex and Italian restaurant available too.
The "not so good" bit....although you would disagree if you were a parent! The entertainment was very good but was aimed at children from about 7.30pm through to 11pm. There was no adult entertainment after 11pm ( except our last night when the local act didn't arrive and the reps has to stand in - they were great! )- 11pm the lights were turned on and you felt that you had to return to your apartment, although the free bar was open until midnight.

All in all, the hotel, the reps and the holiday was great! The only reason we wouldn't return is the fact that it is a family holiday place.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nickmick
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We went to the Holiday Village from the 17th - 24th September & this was our first foreign holiday with our 17 month old daughter. We booked last minute which meant the only flights we could get we night flights & were a bit aprehensive about all the moving around with our daughter but it was all fine. The bags were fairly qiuck to come off the plane & the coaches were well organised (the only thing was we had to wait on other passengers from a delayed flight so there was a bit of hanging around). Transfer time was about 45mins and being at the holiday village meant we were dropped off first and the staff at the hotel were quick at getting us all checked in. We were very impressed with the rooms. Some other reviews commented that they were a bit basic but for a sun holiday we thought they were more than fine. Very spacious considering we had a cot in our room & thought the kitchette area was great as we had a microwave to sterilise bottles, a proper sink, & a fridge. One thing about the rooms which is propbably my only tiny grumble is that a bottle of water was in the room on arrival but this was the only one we got. All the other all inclusive holidays we have been on have provided water every day in the room. There was however a small Spar shop about 5mins walk from the hotel where we bought our own very cheaply. The food in the hotel was great and there was plenty of choice. We have sometimes found going all Inclusive can sometimes become a bit monotonous but there seemed to be plenty choice here & the chefs do a theme night every couple of nights (the desert night was amazing!!!). We didn't try the Italian or the tex mex restaurants as were happy with the buffet but maybe if we had been there for two weeks we would have gone to the Italian. Had a look a the Tex Mex menu & would definelty have given this a miss (since when were hot dogs mexican??) I've never seen my daughter eat so much with two plates for every meal! The pool was a good size. I agree that unless you are up at the crack of dawn then you won't get a space around the splash pool but we didn't have a problem around the main pool. It was freezing though & had trouble getting our daughter to go in. After the first day we bought an inflatable boat so she could sit in there instead while we had a swim. We were a bit disappointed that the brouchure showed pictures of stuff to do for kids under three (ball pit etc) but I think this might only be available if you put your child into the creche but we didn't want to use this. It is obvious that the entertainment team do a lot of hard work but I felt that in the evening there was maybe too much. The mini disco started at 7pm which if our daughter was a bit older would have been a nightmare as dinner only started at 6.30pm. On our last night we were in the restaurant from just after this time and it was a bit of a cattlemarket! Glad we had no need to eat this early the rest of the holiday. The mini disco was followed by bingo, then a quiz show involving some guests & then the main show started at 10pm if not later. We were good to watch this as our daughter is still young enough to fall asleep anywhere but alot of other parents were leaving well before it finished. I know the entertainment staff need a break but the shows that were bought in were terrible. A cuban band which I'm not convinced that the lead singer was sober & an 'illusion' act. Awful!!! The hotel is in a good location, about 10 mins from the mains shops & beach which seemed to be lovely and clean. Seems to be plently places to eat if you are going self catering and the bus to Alcudia goes every 15 mins, the stop just a short walk from the hotel. Don't know what the hotel would be like if were there as a couple as it is very kids orientated and there are lots of them!! I think a few years ago I would have found it all a bit much but if you're there with children its great!

Room Tip: Our rooms faced the rear of the hotel away from the pool and was lovely & quiet! We could have...
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Its a shame to say it but we didn't enjoy this holiday village as much as the costa del sol one we went to in April.

I'll start with the plus points - The Children's reps are fantastic, can not fault them at all. Both y children spent time in the Crèche and the Crèche girls were very patient and competent. The public areas are very clean and well maintained./ The restaurant staff and restaurant cleaning team work tirelessly moving plates and sweeping up discarded food thrown by babies and toddlers.

Bad points - The food for a 4 star was in my opinion pretty dreadful and repetitive. The choice for children was not great, although speaking to people who have been before it sounds as though the food situation may have been due to us staying the week before end of season. The rooms were dirty and in some areas dangerous. I found the last guests clothes and shoes under the bed and the sockets were hanging off the walls with wires showing which is not ideal with a 15 month old and a 27 month old.

I will say this hasn't put us off holiday villages and we have already booked to go to Rhodes holiday village next year, so fingers crossed it better as i think for families with small children they are a great holiday.

2  Thank Kelly O
Zafiro Tropic
Zafiro Tropic
#12 of 50 in Port d'Alcudia
Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites

Been to Zafiro Can Picafort? Share your experiences!