We thoroughly looked into which hotel to go to on our family summer holiday this year meticulously as we were pushing the boat out and going 4* all inc.
The hotel on arrival does have the 'wow' factor with the very impressive looking reception area and the ponds with turtles & fish, however our room was more mediocre 3*.
On a positive the food was excellent and always excellent - for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, plenty of choice, always hot and replenished regularly. The choice of drinks was very good as well both alcoholic and soft drinks.
The kids club staff were very enthusiastic and a offered a good schedule for the kids and I enjoyed the daily aqua aerobics too!!
The other staff were courteous. Our cleaner Melina was friendly and did a good job & Alberto in the dining room was friendly and very helpful. Also Carmelo in the pool bar taught me some Spanish too and did a mean La Mumba!!
The pool didn't seem big enough when the hotel was at full capacity - especially as the top pool is deep so the kids can only really use the lower one and there was an issue with lack of sunbeds. There are not enough for the amount of people who were staying at the hotel. The hotel policy to remove towels on unused beds is not enforced by the hotel so my husband had to get up at 7am every morning just to get sunbeds for the 4 of us..!!!!
There also seems to be a lack of staff at the hotel. This is reflected in the waiting times at the bar at night & lack of maintenance & small things like drinking glasses which were left on the outside tables from the night before not being collected until well after breakfast was finished!!
Our room looked sad and tired and needed some TLC i.e. painting, grouting etc. Around the hotel there were cracked floor tiles & the back of the pool area was a dumping site for old and broken sun beds & umbrellas & used drinking cups. But the main maintenance issue was the gym!! This wasn't even 1* but a health & safety hazard. Now I know some people say 'why use a gym on holiday?' but I do and a lot of other people were too & it was one of the reasons we chose this hotel as it listed it on their website. Every machine in the gym was rusty, the walls had paint cracking and falling off, there was a hole in the ceiling, it was never cleaned when we were there and there were dirty cups left and never collected even on our last day!
Overall though we did enjoy our stay at the hotel but we disagree with the rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Garden Aparthotel is synonymous with nature, relax, sun and beach in one of the most beautiful natural nooks of Majorca. This apartments hotel for families in Cala Agulla offers all the necessary services for a holiday full of entertainment with children and a fabulous location surrounded by unique natural landscapes at the foot of the Mediterranean. A destination for living unforgettable moments with your family. Always with the personalised attention and guaranty of Garden Hotels. The Green Garden Aparthotel stands out for its 4-star services specially designed for children's entertainment and adults' relax, and for its privileged location near Cala Agulla beach and a few kilometres away from the Península de Llevant Natural Park. Enjoy 3.000 square metres of gardens, terraces, outdoor swimming pools, sport facilities... The perfect accommodation in Majorca for those looking for calmness and comfort: our hotel in Cala Agulla beach combines spaces for rest with endless activities for all ages, tastes and interests. In its 236 apartments you will be able to enjoy all the comfort and the necessary services for your holidays, as well as thousands of customised plans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aparthotel Green Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Garden Aparthotel Hotel Cala Ratjada
- Aparthotel Green Garden Cala Ratjada, Majorca, Spain
- Aparthotel Green Garden Hotel