“It's nearly always full throughout the year !!”
Review of El Cactus

El Cactus
Ranked #23 of 123 Restaurants in Cala Ratjada
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Now that Kai's son is in gainful employment deploying all the obvious genetic skills of his Father then you would think the pressure would be off.
Not so, as the title suggests they are always busy thoughout the year and the service and the frood are the reason why!!
You are given a complimentary something to ease the hunger on entering, a clever touch to ease the pressure in a busy restaurant and one that a few other establishments could learn from,
I kow it's not everyone's cup of tea but do try the rabbit's liver shared between two.
We have probably tried all of the mains over time and they are all excellent.
Sometimes the red wine can be a little cold but it soon come to temperature.
This family team work very hard to ensure you enjoy your visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Visited mid Sept as mistakenly never made a reservation is this resort! The food really was good and my hard to please 'other half ' was bowled over my his fillet of beef. Not sure how any body could manage a starter and a main without being carried out on a stretcher but the chef knows how to cook! Service was haphazard and we asked for the bill three times over 30 mins and in the end I went to the bar to request it. There is a feeling that this place is a local / regular hangout so a little more attention to the new visitors would send the reviews soaring.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Of Course Kai and Kati closed for the Germany game in Euro 2012. I never mention 1966 at all!! This team are a great combination of real professionals and have passed on all their years of experience to Kai's son Philip who clearly will be able to take the helm when needed. The best rabbits liver on the island and the fillet steaks are almost perfect

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I had chicken scnitzel, massive portion for only €7 and their mojitos was amazing

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We were three persons who visited this restaurant a few weeks ago. As I am gluten and lactose intolerant, I asked the waitress if they could arrange something which I could eat. Her answer was “you know better what you can eat and not the kitchen chef”. I answered that of course I do but it is not I who is preparing the dishes, it is the cook! While she was taking our orders, she sat down beside us like we knew each other for many years….this is so unprofessional in our opinion.

We got really irritated with her but decided to stay as we had already ordered some drinks. My daughter and myself, ordered entrecote but got some tough meat, which we could hardly chew and I got some fried potatoes instead of baked potatoes which we had ordered. I called a waiter and complained about the food, he said he will check up but didn’t do that as he thought it was more interesting to sit down and watch sport on TV with some guests. By this time we were fuming and wanted to just go away, we have never met so unprofessional and negligent staff!!
We were in Cala Ratjada for 10 days and I never encountered any problems at the other restaurants regarding gluten free and dairy free food: every one was so willing to help and understand even though it was difficult sometimes to communicate in English.
If you have food allergies, we definitely do not recommend this restaurant…..stay away!!

5  Thank swe40