My wife and I visited with our son and his wife and children (3 and 1) in September 2013.
We stayed on the second floor of Block 3 overlooking the infant’s theme pool. The rooms were reasonably clean and comfortable and the separate sleeping arrangement (adjoining room) for the children was a big bonus. I would certainly recommend a room overlooking one of the swimming pools. One observation - swim up pools a waste of money Imho, as they didn't seem to get much sun! In addition, the ground floor rooms got flooded whilst we were there due to a torrential downpour.
We weren’t overly impressed with the daily room cleaning. The site itself was kept spotless with power washers in use early every morning and the restaurants cleaned thoroughly, but the rooms seemed to get minimal attention. I was puzzled to discover they are cleaned 6 days per week rather than 7, and on one occasion the cleaner left us towel-less. In spite of phoning reception several times the towels failed to appear and I had to visit reception personally to get something done. Even then it was nearly an hour before the towels were delivered – almost too late for our shower before dinner.
The food was excellent – a great choice from the buffet and a chef on hand to cook speciality dishes. Freshly cooked eggs, bacon, and omelettes to order were available at breakfast. I couldn’t fault the food at all and the children loved it. Pity about the wine which was available ‘on tap’ rather than from bottles. Nevertheless, it was just about quaffable.
There are three restaurants in addition to the buffet; Mexican, Italian and Mediterranean and vouchers are issued by reception to attend up to 4 times per week. We considered the Med. was by far the best (full waiter service), followed by Italian and Mexican.
We thought the entertainment was brilliant for the children. The nursery and Kids Club during the day and entertainment outside on stage every evening. I thought the young animation team tried really hard and should be commended for this. We enjoyed the drinks/cocktails but they were clearly watered down as it was impossible to get even tipsy! I guess the focus is on the well-being of the children rather than drunken parents.
Good entertainment during the day in and around the pools and other events such as archery. The sunbed towels policy is strictly enforced (no unattended towels on beds before 8.00am)
All in all we thoroughly enjoyed it all. I wouldn’t recommend the village unless you have young children or grandchildren in tow – the whole site is centred on the kids.
Finally, don’t forget to read the small print on the booking confirmation form. Adults are only allowed in the village if at least 75% of the body is covered in tattoos. Those covered 100% get a discount and this rule also applies to the men. It was quite clear during our visit that the vast majority abided by these rules - lol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protur Monte Safari, a four star aparthotel in Majorca, is located in the outskirts of Cala Millor, to the side of a hill with beautiful views from Costa de los Pinos to Sa Coma. The city center is about 1000 m away. It has 306 apartments with heating and air-conditioning that have one bedroom, a living-dining room, satellite TV, piped music from TV channel, safe-deposit box, direct-line phone, fridge, microwave, bathroom and balcony. The Aparthotel has a lounge bar, poolside bar, restaurants (Sa Sinia, Es Moli, Sa Gondola), TV room, games room, outdoor swimming pools with area for children, heated swimming pool with jacuzzi, sauna, gym, children's playground and Mini Club. Amongst its numerous facilities is noteworthy its real turf football pitch and Spa centre (open tuesday through sunday). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protur Monte Safari Hotel Cala Millor
- Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor
- Holiday Village Majorca - Protur Monte Safari Cala Millor