“weekend away in calla millor”

Hipotels Flamenco Cala Millor
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Cala Millor
derbyshire
“weekend away in calla millor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Lovely clean hotel situated at the other end from Calla Bona, we were the only english the others were germans, but this was not a problem,in fact it was rather pleasant. Food was fine varied, and its nice that you have a table reserved for you until the end of your stay. The entertainment was mainly aimed at the germans but we could understand it and it was amusing particularly the crazy show, it was nice to watch them unwind and relax they were very polite to us with sometimes a friendly smile.
We had a full on sea room which was spacious and clean. very quiet and airy.
The people on the desk were very courteous and helpful nothing was too much trouble even though we arrived late on thursday night,
Have a walk into calla bona nice level walk and visit smithys and the calla bona hotel very good service,
Had a trip in a horse drawn cart bit expensive but worth it.was going to go on the boats but the weather came in and it turned really cold.
Our favourite place was a cafe called cafe del sol which is on the seafront, beautiful views and excellent service with pleasant staff.
My only regret was that it was too cold to go in the sea, but Im sure we will be back when the weather is warmer.

Room Tip: ask for what you want we had a room on the fifth floor lovely and quiet overlooking the sea good to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vonskiDerbyshire

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

As a family of four including sons of 19 and 21 years we knew as soon as we were greeted at reception that we would enjoy our stay. We were warmly welcomed by the staff. The rooms were clean and ours was particularly spacious quiet and with spectacular views. We had booked on abed and breakfast basis and the breakfast buffet was superb. Staff were efficient and friendly and our always hungry boys set themselves up for the day with the gastronomic delights. There were few English guests there at the same time as us, most of the others were German with some Russian. This was not a problem for us, in fact it made the holiday more interesting.
We are planning to book again for next summer holiday. The beach in front of the hotel is superb and we could walk every evening into Calla Millor along the promenade to sample the many restaurants in the town. It is also a good spot to tour the island from. We hired a car locally (recommended by the hotel) which was reasonably priced. Great holiday, great hotel.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the first floor. It was spacious and had superb views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Carol P
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights over the Easter weekend. The hotel is very nice and all areas are very clean. I agree with many other reviews in that the hotel is mainly occupied by German guests; very few English people were there during our stay. The quality of the breakfast buffet was ok, a nice selection of pastries, fruit and cereal. However, the eggs and bacon were cooked on a hot plate in front of you - the eggs were completely over cooked underneath! Strange having to queue for bacon! Other than that not a bad breakfast which was served 8 - 10.30 am. As the resort was very quiet and just beginning to open for the season we ate our evening meals in the hotel too. The selection is good but the food is never very warm (but this is mainly always the case at buffets). The evening entertainment was quite poor but I cant say I've been to many hotels where the entertainment is great! The outside pool is a good size but there are no parasols. Not sure if these are put out later when the weather warms up? The resort is very small and not sure I would visit again. Housekeeping was very good and kept our room clean and tidy with plenty of fresh towels. The hotel is more for families than couples. The indoor pool was teaming with children and not very relaxing!! Recommend Cafe Sol on the promendae for lunch or a drink - great food and realistically priced. Overall, a nice hotel for a few days to escape the snow!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
uttoxeter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I booked a short break 4 nights here as I needed to switch off and unwind from the stress of work.I booked through travel republic travelled alone and have just returned from a Thursday to Monday break. What a good choice of hotel. My first impressions were very good, the check in process was simple and the manner of the receptionist was efficient, courteous friendly and helpful. I soon entered my room to find it spotless light and airy with a lovely sea view, as all at this hotel must have.
I was the only English speaker amongst predominantly German guests but I was accommodated by staff always speaking always English to me. I was never made to feel like I didn't belong. Guests that spoke English were very friendly too and I had some interesting conversations with lovely people.
The room was well appointed and warm. On colder days the heating was welcome and the heating /air con system was easy to operate and efficient. I did find the pillow of the bolster variety, very thick and uncomfortable. I have a bad neck and usually only use a thin pillow. I asked at reception about a change of pillow on the first morning and within 30 minutes 2 alternatives were delivered to my room. Each day the rooms were cleaned by happy, singing, smiling staff who did an excellent job of not only cleaning the rooms but keeping the public areas immaculate. The only down side was the shower in the bath. The temperature of this could and did vary wildly and unpredictably could become very hot. I would be wary of allowing children to use this for fear of scalding.
It was too cold weather to use the out door unheated pool but the inside pool was lovely with its whirlpool/jacusi feature and was so under used that I twice had the place to myself. Towels for the pool were free ( a refundable deposit was payable) and they were large and thick. Sun loungers surrounded both pools and the area was secured for use by hotel guests only, but was within a few metres of the beach.
The restaurant was self service, once a table was allocated to you it was yours for the duration of your stay. A huge variety of food was available and the breakfasts were particularly good, So much choice but also always high quality fresh food, there was always plentiful, lovely fresh fruit, salad and veg. The pastries and croissants which I rarely indulge in were absolutely delicious, so fresh and light.
The entertainment was a surprise as I didn't expect anything. On the first night an excellent Flamenco show was performed. The animacion team were not overwhelming, it was not a non stop whirl of activity and noise, but things were arranged daily for anyone who wanted to participate . I went on a 5km walk through countryside to a local market which was great, did a little shooting one day and went on a horse and trap trip locally, which was excellent value and good fun. I was given good advice and made to feel very welcome by the team. Most nights some entertainment was put on in the lounge which I welcomed and enjoyed.
Located at the quieter end of Callor Millor and near to local bus stops and the tourist information office, also just yards from the beach on the sea front. With coastal paths or a promenade stretching for miles there was plenty of opportunity for a good walk or gentle stroll.
All in all a very friendly, professional, well appointed, clean and welcoming hotel. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and if I can say that staying there alone, then I think this is recommendation indeed. I feel that most of the staff are all happy there and that this is reflected in their excellent manner with guests.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea views and are non smoking, some have more sun than others. Depending on the time...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank suedUttoxeter
Godalming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

But of course if you spend time in a 5***** hotel in January you will be spoiled. Except that you are far away from the beach and The Sun. Cannot wait to get to Flamenco in the summer. Best location, very clean, very good staff and fantastic food). See you in couple of months.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stefan J J
Godalming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I spent 9 days @ Flamenco in August on half board basis. Second time @ Flamenco and we again loved it. Simply brilliant. Great location, very clean, very friendly staff, great food. We cannot wait to book our 2013 holiday there. See you in August!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stefan J J
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

My third time there, but 1st since refurbishment, we had a lovely room (junior suite), food great as always, and staff were friendly and helpful, would recommend it. We were all inclusive and the service at the bar for drinks was excellant, we never waited long to be served.

Room Tip: We requested a sea view, which although set back from the beach it was still a nice view from our ba...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple