“You get what you pay for.”
Review of Blue Sea La Pinta

Blue Sea La Pinta
Ranked #41 of 58 Hotels in Cala Millor
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just come back from an all-inclusive stay here.

The good bits:
The room and bathroom were clean and the maid came in every day to brush up, make beds etc.
The staff were all very friendly and professional.
The sangria was lovely.
The location was great, only a few mins walk from the most beautiful beach, shops and restaurants.

The bad bits:
The sheets and towels weren't changed all week.
Drinks were served in small plastic glasses.
The food was very limited. As I am a vegetarian every meal for myself consisted of chips and salad but even my meat eating boyfriend struggled with the food.

I have put the sleeping rating as terrible as our room was right next to the lift and every time the lift went up and down it created a clanging noise.

Ultimately, you get what you pay for here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ellie M
Blue Sea H, Front Office Manager at Blue Sea La Pinta, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear client
We really welcome all your comments in order to improve our service.Thank you for your nice comments.
All our food is prepared with good quality and comes in fresh every morning. Our chef prepares a variety of weekly menus, we serve a different menu every day with lots of variety and abundance to please all tastes, and we consider that it is all well cooked and very good quality.
We have a daily cleaning service and we change towels everyday if you let them on the floor.
Best regards

There are newer reviews for Blue Sea La Pinta

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, comfortable beds (memory foam mattresses better than the hotel rating would suggest), reasonable food with the inevitable plastic glasses (it would have been nice to have had real glasses in the dining room and bar though understandably not poolside).

Resort was fine for a week but this was long enough. Local bus to Porto Christo and some very pleasant tapas by the harbour recommended.

Can't fault the product for what it was. We got exactly what we expected and what we paid for.

1  Thank pinktomato

Dear clients,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Me and a friend stayed here for 5 nights late Aug/early Sept Half Board. We were in Room 1 whihc is across the road from the main hotel building.
The hotel is in a brilliant location,about 4 minute walk to the beach, 2 minutes to shops with friendly bars around the corner. Staff were friendly helpful and room was clean with aircon only problem is noisy cistern but this was solved by keeping bathroom door shut.
As we stayed half board we were impressed with the breakfast, and the evening food but the hotel do not include drinks with their evening meals ( there is wine available on tap but not everyone wants this) when we questioned this, we were told that it was hotel policy. We wouldn't have minded but all they do is turn off the fruit juice machine and hot drink machine that they use at breakfast? If your all inc this is no problem as you can get an endless supply of drinks form the bar.

Would stay here again if I needed a budget break.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear clients,

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Vacations with my wife and small daughter started great. Nice reception at Blue Sea La Pinta, smiling staff. The room was with 30 years old furniture, but clean, light and on the 7th floor, with sea view. It was not fridge in room, and it is not comfortable for a family with a child, but there were quite extensive breakfast and a variety of dining, even with the ice cream. WI FI was paid, but that is typical for hotels in Spain. Despite the fact that the towels are not changed, the overall service was acceptable for this money.
The incident took place 2 days before the departure - on Saturday. We went back to our room at the evening and found that mobile phone was gone from the shelf were we left it. All doors was locked and there was not any marks of force. Nothing else was stolen, even our camera. I do not want to say that Blue Sea La Pinta staff stoled it, but so perfectly chosen day and the complete indifference to the incident from the hotel staff and director, leads to bad thoughts. Especially considering the fact that on my question "Why your staff so calm in this situation, is theft a common in your hotel? " hotel receptionist replied - "No, theft do not happen often." So, as your understand it was not the first time.
We have been in a lot of different categories hotels, from 2 to 5 stars. We have visited Russia, Germany, Turkey, Netherlands, Greece, Thailand, England, and never had something stolen from our room. But in the Blue Sea La Pinta we left mobile phone in our room on a few hours and it was immediately stolen. So, you can not feel safe here. And if you have a Macbook which does not fit to safety box, then you have to carry it with you on the beach, and for breakfast and dinner, and even when shopping. Well, or you need to choose another hotel.
And our case not only about 500 euro cost phone - we have lost photos and videos taken during the entire vacation. We lost memories of the family holiday with our child, and when she grows up she will never see how she rides a pony in Mallorca again.
And what about reaction of the hotel? It was just mocking. When we went down to the lobby to report the incident, hotel receptionist listened to us and wondering what we want from she. We asked to contact the cleaning lady, maybe she knows where the phone was gone and received answer that administrator does not know who cleaned up our room. So, we asked to call the police, and instead receptionist wrote number and offered to call our own. Fortunately, I have Roamer in other phone with local SIM card. Also we get lucky that Spanish police were able to understand English and soon arrived. After the police recorded the incident, we asked confirmation from receptionist for the insurance company about the incident occurred. Receptionist said that she could not give such confirmation document and will inform the supervisor tomorrow.
The next day, a miracle not happened and the phone does not appear. At the reception we found that no one in the hotel knows about theft yesterday evening, yesterday receptionist told no one. Confirmation could accept only the director, but staff told that on Sunday director could not be disturbed because he is resting. This day, at night we had to fly home. Needless to say that we does not get communication with the director, help from the hotel staff, or even an apology.
Such improper conduct in Blue Sea La Pinta we have not seen anywhere else in the world. These two days completely ruined our impression of our vacations in Mallorca. It looks like Blue Sea La Pinta owners not interested in the safety of their guests and workers. My opinion about the hotel? If you do not want to spoil your vacations, every second fear for your belongings and stay alone with your problems in a difficult situation, think twice before choosing this hotel.

3  Thank KregLV

We really sorry about this incidence, this may happen in the hotel rarely because there are not complains like this. We do understand you can recovery your phone and memories, also the staff of the hotel in duty that afternoon, police came to the hotel, that afternoon and they said that happen in many hotels and very frequently in that time of year, something that do not happen in our hotel with that frequency. We offer to our clients the possibility to have a safe, this are in every room, this is an extra service and we rent for these safe, that`s why the clients most pay for it.
We also will like to respond that our staff is very honest and is not possible someone from the staff took the phone. Receptionist reacted rightly because in order to file a complaint with the police, is the client who has to do it personally.
We sorry if you do not have proper precautions regarding to your personal value things. Lately we don not have any other client who has lost phone or important value thing.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and daughter stayed for 5 nights and thought it was generally e OKish, my problem is that I tried to arrange for flowers/chocolates to be presented to my wife during her stay, and after a few emails, they initially agreed, then after not hearing from them, I called them (international phone call), they replied and declined my request, clearly they are not in the business of looking after their guests or providing services for holiday-makers

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We really welcome all your comments in order to improve our service.
We will also you take account of these very good things that our hotel offers.
The All Inclusive service ends on departure day at 12 am. We provide a shower room (free of charge) for all our guests that have late departures.
The technician of our hotel repairs the damage every day.
Our staff is available to the client to attend, to help and inform at any time. Reception is open 24 hours the staff is very kind and helpful, they work hard and do the best they can
The number of our sunbeds is connected to the space that we have around the pool.

We have a daily cleaning service, towels are change every day and room will be cleaned.
At he check in date, the rooms are perfectly clean and ready for occupancy. Supervised by our housekeeper manager.
Also our hotel is 100 m from beach, and 50m from the street of shops and variety of restaurants and entertainments.
We apologize on behalf of the hotel if you did not enjoy your holidays.
Kind regards,
Hotel Blue Sea La Pinta

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Ok read all the positive reviews and thought I would take a gamble........mum always taught Me not to gamble!
So we arrived at the airport and top tip is don't get a transfer!! It was longer than my flight here and they had loads of screaming kids on the bus!! Must of known they were coming here!!
We arrived and service was nice and bar staff are very friendly I'm sure there all related.
We got given our key to our room and was directed to the prison I call it that as I felt like that guy from midnight express in there!! 2 beds so close together it looked like the size of a single bed Me and my mate woke up every morning touching noses!!
The room was so small I could close the balcony door flush the chain and turn the tv off with out leaving my bed......sorry rephrase that it wasn't a bed it was a bed of nails!! So uncomfy I slept on a lylo!! I kid you not!
Anyway as I'm writing this Mary and Michael and Monty my mosquito guests that are staying with me say hello.
And people have been saying theres lots of Germans well I can confirm that is a lie!! There is bloody loads like a swarm of wasps. One certain one that looks like penfold from danger mouse just sat smoking fags and was with his wife and son that he never even spoke to (he knows how to holiday)
And single men don't do it!!
There's no you know what here and also that goes for the girls I'm a devastatingly good looking man and the best I got was a smile off penfold!
I will miss him we had something special.
Anyway on a positive note our neighbours were lesbians so that made up for the tiny rooms as I could hear everything.
I haven't finished this yet more to follow

1  Thank welshjohn76

We really welcome all your comments in order to improve our service.
The technician of our hotel repairs the damage every day.
Our staff is available to the client to attend, to help and inform at any time.

We have a daily cleaning service, except Wednesday and Sunday.
We apologize on behalf of the hotel if you did not enjoy your holidays.
Kind regards,
Hotel Blue Sea La Pinta

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was my second holiday in Majorca, the first being on my own in S'Illot at Hotel Peymar. That was fantastic so I booked to go again this year with my sister. We chose Blue Sea La Pinta (not being able to get in to Hotel Peymar) as it sounded very similar. The information on the web-site is misleading. It infers it is next to the beach. It is not - it is only 100m away up a side street, so still good location but not beachside. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Food choice was limited but varied and I always enjoyed my meals (though I am not a picky eater).Our rooms - my sister and I each chose a single, were very clean but mine was very small. The floor space in my bathroom was the size of a public toilet cubicle, the bath was smal, shower OK and ALWAYS hot water. Swimming pool was lovely - very clean. We booked the all-inclusive package and this is where I was really disappointed. ALL drinks were only ever served in a small plastic cup (15cl - I was so disgusted I brought one home with me so I could accurately measure the size). Drinks were only available at the poolside bar during the day. From 6:30pm - 11pm the Lounge bar was open. Again all drinks - wine, G&T, beer served in 15ml plastic beakers. There was NO entertainment whatsoever when we were there (Bank Holiday weekend for us) so EVERY night we had to walk to the main street, which was very lively and buy our coffees, beers , wines, G&Ts etc down there. Entertainment was available in several bars and the ambiance was lovely. I do not think that this hotel should offer all-inclusive packages.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

#17 of 29 in Sa Coma
smartline La Santa Maria
smartline La Santa Maria
#31 of 58 in Cala Millor

Been to Blue Sea La Pinta? Share your experiences!