“Cheap and cheerful”
Review of Blue Sea La Pinta

Blue Sea La Pinta
Ranked #41 of 58 Hotels in Cala Millor
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We just got back from a very cheap all inclusive holiday at La Pinta. For the price paid I can't fault the hotel!

LOCATION - is a big plus for the hotel. It takes only a minute to walk to a very lovely beach and the hotel is situated in the centre of the resort so you can take walks either way in the shopping area or on the nice promenade. A good selection of restaurants for all budgets are close by. Right behind the hotel there is an English pub.
The resort is a quiet one, very popular with Germans, but there are things to do for all ages - there are 2 very nice play parks and a couple of night clubs.

STAFF - very friendly, helpful and hardworking. Juan and Fran behind the bar are a laugh. Friendly staff at reception too. They also speak both English and German.

FOOD - it was a-mazing! Now, if you expect to still get your usual pub grub is best you don't go all inclusive. At all. As I stated there are English pubs in the resort and a good choice of restaurants.
Breakfast: was the same everyday but very big choice, so there was no need to eat the same thing everyday. I think it was accommodating all nationalities with the selection. Coffee wasn't very nice for us though.
Lunch and Dinner: there was always fish on, which I liked, then two other types of meat, soup, salad bar with very nice tomatoes, chips, rice, pasta, puddings, fresh fruit. Everything was lovely, very tasty and I ended up having double servings as I liked it so much. My favourite was the garlic pesto fish and the homemade battered calamari.
Snacks: fruit and sandwiches are available at the pool bar in between meals, there is also an ice cream freezer.

DRINKS - for all inclusive there is San Miguel available, local spirits (which the bar staff pour plenty of), wines, soft drinks and slushies at the pool bar.

ROOM - it was very standard, but clean. There is a safe in the room (for which you need to pay at reception if you wish to use it), but no ironing facilities. Our room faced the English pub but still had a bit of a sea view (which was not requested, therefore a plus). The bed was a bit soft for me, but I liked the pillow. My husband needed an extra pillow which was brought 5 min after requesting it.
The room was cleaned every day and bath towels changed.

ENTERTAINMENT - wasn't anything spectacular. There was a singer on one night (which I prefer to the miming acts I saw to other more posh hotels) and we had bingo another night. Two nights we didn't have any entertainment as Euro 2012 was on; one night Spain played, another England played and people preferred to watch the matches (although there was one guy who played music for us).
But that's alright, we actually enjoyed going out of the hotel after a few drinks for a walk around Cala Millor.

We would definitely go back and we recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank IrinaPopescu
There are newer reviews for Blue Sea La Pinta

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel was in a very good locarion, just one road back from the main shopping street and very close to the beach.
We stayed for 5 nights and would have like to stay a little longer. We ended up going to the beach most days as the pool beds were not very comfortable and the pool area was not as relaxing or atmospheric as the beach, which you would expect of a lower budget hotel. Although I must say the pool area was clean.
The breakfasts were basic but you did not go hungry and there was plenty of the things you expect. The dinners were also of good quality but we ended up eating out on two occassions in the evening as a treat as the hotel dinners were quite basic.
The staff are very helpful and the bar staff in particular were chatty.
The room was basic but again very clean and we got clean towles nearly everyday. Beds were not as comfortable as they could have been and some of the furniture was looking old and falling apart but this did not really matter too much. Balcony was nice and we had a view of the sea.
Hotel has two lifts which are needed as the hotel has about 5 or 6 floors.
One day my friend and I hired one of the peddlo bikes, which you will see going up and down the sea front. There are a number of places that hire them out by the hour or day if you feel very energetic! We cycled down to the other end of the resort which was lovely and got to take a peek at other restaurants and hotels. We also took a catermaran trip to visit the caves at Porto Santo which was a really good day and I would recommend this to everyone as you get to see more of the island, by both sea and then coach to the caves.
Overall Calla Millor is not maybe a place I would be desperate to return to but if any good deals came up here I would definately consider it as the beach was lovely and the shops were also good, although I think it could have benefitted from a market, there was an abundance of SPAR shops.
Very good break if you are on a budget!

8  Thank lucc72001
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I like everybody else read trip advisor before I go on my holidays, and took most things with a pinch of salt as you cant please all of the people all of the time. So my friend and i went for a wee break, to relax, have a laugh and get a bit of sun.
The food is not great but we never went without, a bit more thought would be great. Entertainment sadly only one night a week, such a great night I wish it had of been more.
The hotel is so well placed, nothing is more than a short stroll away.
As for the staff, well a smile and a warm welcome was standard. The hotel was very clean, maids in every day. Could have done with a little DIY around the place. All and all a great holiday made lots of good friends. I would say book this hotel if you get a good price, more ups for the little downs.

6  Thank 102,394
Reviewed June 21, 2012

HOTEL, location excellent, pool area good, pool bar,
lounge, garden seating area + bar very good. reception & staff excellent.
in house toilets not adequete more required.

The annexe hotel rooms aircon not very good. However the annexe building and rooms are recently refurbished/rebuilt with good clean new memory foam mattresses new bathrooms and furniture
staff very very helpfull, room cleaners could be more amiable.
rooms clean and more than adequate,bathrooms very good.
staff very helpful to me as i am disabled.very accomodating. if you have difficulty walking the dining room is hard to get into as it has steps and no handrail.
FOOD, yes a bit repetative but plentyfull and good, plenty of out side eateries if required.
overhall this hotel is clean & friendly , with an excellent location
hotel is just as i expected, dont listen to negative comments.

Room Tip: if you can manage physically ,as i am disabled and need a wheelchair, a top floor room in main build...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank theholidaywoman
Reviewed June 20, 2012

A view to die for could see the whole beach (exactly as show in the hotel own photo).

The food was great, I enjoyed all but I'm not at all picky though. And to be honest most of the places near by didn't/didn't look like they produced much better.

Really friendly staff (expect one). Rafael at reception! Any problems go to him, he saved us on the last day! We missed our transfer* and he did all he could to help us, made loads of phone calls offered us a spare room to change in and came up with a lots of different solutions. GREAT GUY!

The beach is beautiful, wonderful light blue sea and it's less that two minutes from the hotel! We didn't use the pool once.

Downsides was the hotel entertainment was poor but I didn't mind just ignored it or went out. The only big problem was the bed, would have been be 5 stars for me if I had a comfortable double bed with a much nicer pillow, it been a long time since we have gone to sleep in twin beds.

All in all a really great stay!

*Not really to do with the hotel as such, but a tip if you didn't get the cheap transfer, don't pay over £30, there's an express bus (10euros) from a stop just by the hotel about the same but it goes to Palma. Which meant we could have a good look round there before we had to go on the flight. Plus all transfers seemed to be only to the airport which is annoying if like us you want to see the beautiful historical city - Plus Palma is not to be missed!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Max W
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Just came back on Saturday night and I was so pleased with my stay that I am taking the time to do a review.

LOCATION

The hotel is well located, just a few minutes from the beach and with plenty of shops, bars and resturants around it. (Including 2 english pubs).

STAFF

The staff are polite, hard working and I found very helpful and accomodating.

FOOD

Food is always a concern on an all inclusive holiday but I was very happy with the food provided here. The resturant opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner and provided a good selection of food everyday. Choices inculded soup, salad bar and generally @ 4 main course meals, mainly chicken, pork and fish, with rice, pasta, potato, or chips.

The food was tasty and well cooked and I was able to find something nice at each sitting (generally I got a bit of everything LOL).

I note complaints about the food on this site and indeed some of the guests when I was there we moaning about it but frankly I couldn't see what they were complaining about. You can't go to Spain and expect UK dishes, it's an unfair comparison and people should be a bit more open to trying new things. When I go to Spain I expect Paella and fresh fish or chicken not egg & chips or deep fried Mars bars !

BARS

There are two bars in the hotel, a pool bar open during the day and a lounge bar open in the evening until 11. The alcohol was of good quality and comes in plastic glasses. you can also get slushies and there is an free ice-cream fridge.

There was some entertainment each evening but as it was still early in the season I can't say much about it. We were all watching Euro 2012 on the 60" TV in the lounge !

POOL

The pool was medium size and cleaned daily but there is no kids pool.

CHILDREN

I didn't have my kids with me (teenagers) but I don't think they would have been as happy as me. In my opinion this hotel is not particularly suited to parents with teenage kids as there did not appear to be much for them to do. Maybe later in the season there is a kids club ?

ROOMS

The rooms were plain but nice and of a good size. They were very clean (daily service) and there is air-con.

SUMMARY

I can only sum up by saying that I had a great holiday and would have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

I will be back !!

10  Thank Maurice T
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Second time at the la pinta a good basic hotel fOR a good basic priced all inclusive holiday, food at breakfast and lunch is good but dinners are not so good, the drinks are good apart from the wine, . The location is great ,staff are very friendly and helpful so we will probably return next year for a weeks break at the end of may

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
#31 of 58 in Cala Millor
Hipotels Said
Hipotels Said
#13 of 58 in Cala Millor

Been to Blue Sea La Pinta? Share your experiences!