“All negatives maybe because of end of season”

Hotel Cala Millor Garden
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Cala Millor
Leeds, United Kingdom
“All negatives maybe because of end of season”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Returned from this hotel yesterday. Weather left alot to be desired but not surprising really. I can agree with some reviews regarding this being a mainly German focused hotel, German newspapers provided etc not for the British, but not a deal breaker in my view. The food was nice, only one bad day out of 7, but that was the night of the italian evening which you can book once in your stay but we forgot. Pool area nice, plenty of beds available. The German people there were not at all rude or arrogant as suggested. Enterainment was dire to say the least, a bloke that "played the organ" without moving his hands was terrible, played mainly spanish songs and i just called to say i love u was the best of the english songs lol. I would say that the best thing about the holiday was the people we met there. Couldnt have stayed for 2 weeks, but maybe its different high season. Staff friendly too, we were also allowed to sneak into the restaurant before we left before it opened, which i thought was nice of them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank buzzingcaroline

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Polish first
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a four day mini break.
The whole hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly, kind and helpful.
The food is ok for a three star hotel. The service in the restaurant was very quick and attentive.
The cocktails were awful. They came out of a machine and tasted terrible.
My friend and I booked two massages, which were lovely.
It is a four minute walk to the beach and three minutes to the town centre.
It is a very good three star hotel, and we enjoyed our stay.

5 Thank kika999
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

spent a good 8 days at this better than I expected 3* hotel which is a mostly german hotel but the staff speak very good english and are very polite friendly and helpfull the rooms are clean with clean towels every day pool towels available at reception sunbeds could do with an update but pool area nice & clean pool bar & staff excellent and the entertainment team certainly put everything they,ve got into there shows I wish I had there energy by the way you guys grease lightning on thursday night was fab,the food was ok but it would be nice to have something other than pizza to accompany the very nice sellection of salad every day handy location for shops & beach & also the many lovely walks along the headlands all in all a very pleasant holiday with my brother & sister in law and yes if I was looking for cheap & cheerful I would go back to this hotel its the best 3* I,ve ever been to

Room Tip: pool view rooms on south side get most of the sunshine
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathleen M
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

As a couple with our son and his girlfriend we have just returned from a 1 week stay at this hotel and can only give an honest opinion as follows. Upon checking in at midday we were greeted by friendly english speaking reception staff who gave us a complimentary welcome drink. We were able to access our rooms immediately which were very clean and roomy with a view over the garden area & the hotel next door (not a problem). The friendly housemaid maintained our room throughout the whole week (cleaning & changing towels etc). It is fair to say the hotel was predominantly occuppied by german guests although we did not find this a problem as they were very friendly and respectful. When going for our evening meal we were allocated our own table for the week, however on the first night we found this table occupied by germans who were not due to leave the hotel until the next day, The dining room manager moved them to another table so that we could take our seats. The food was predominantly to cater for the germans but saying that we never left the dining room hungry. We were half board and pleased that we had not gone all inclusive as this suited us. The hotel was well placed for the shopping centre, bars, beach and bus stops. In particular behind the hotel was an english bar, The Sportsman, which was ideal for the football but also Angie the owner made sure my wife didn't miss her "soaps" as they had 3 widescreen tv's. We enjoyed the trips to the zoo at Sa Coma (free bus service), a day trip to the aquarium and Palma (booked by the hotel on our behalf) and hired a 4 seater bike for the day and went to Cala Bona, Sa Coma and the Castille (well worth it). As it was our wedding anniversary whilst we were there the hotel suprised us with a bottle of wine delivered to our room. The indoor pool was nice and warm and clean and there were always sunbeds available around the outside pool. We would recommend this hotel and will be looking at booking again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank davmar1234567
Garden H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Cala Millor Garden, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear davmar1234567,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hotel Cala Millor Garden and for your excellent review on Tripadvior.

It is a pleasure to know that our customers are enjoying their holidays with us and that our job is so well valued. I am thrilled to know that you will visit us again and will recommend us.

Your words “excellent hotel” are the real gift. Thank you again on behalf of the hotel staff.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

returned 16 october when ibookedholiday requested a sea view room if possible was given room1612 what a lovely view the gardens &pool area nice&clean plenty of sunbeds staff pleasant food ok entertainment ok very handy for shops bars &beach only downside the tables chairs in dinning room bit close together will stay here again

Room Tip: rooms on sixth floor best views
2 Thank ARTHUR B
Garden H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Cala Millor Garden, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Arthur B,
Thank you very much for your splendid review on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to know that you made the most of your stay with us, that you would recommend us and that you will visit us again.
We look forward to welcoming you back and wish you a nice winter.
salisbury uk
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in Oct. Stayed in room 1224 this was a addapted room but it was difficut to get to the windows as I could not get my wheelchair between the end of the bed and the settee though the receptionness who helped me did try to rearange this but could not. Hotel was good and food plentyfull. One thing, I went to see the indoor pool and when I came out of the lift and went forward because I was in a wheelchair and the floor is very shiny I failed to see two steps and went down them. I think there should be a notice to warn of this. I would like to say that all in all the staff were very helpfull especially after my fall thank you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jancatlover
Dear Jancatlover,
Thank you very much for booking our hotel and for your lovely review on Tripadvisor.
I remember your accident and I am glad to know that you felt helped, welcomed and cared. I was really worried about you because you were traveling alone and, even though the stairs and the ramps are already marked by a special band, we thank you for your suggestion. Improving is always possible.
We wish you a nice winter and hope to welcome you back soon.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have just returned from a 4 night break and I can honestly say I have never met so many ignorant staff all in one place. The night porter is especially bad, we dared to stay up after midnight and sit in reception talking after guests were asked to leave the bar so they could lock up at midnight and without warning he turned all the lights out in reception. I have never felt so unwelcome in my whole life. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they wanted to be treat like they were naughty children - no enjoying yourself at anytime or you will be frowned on.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and very quiet.
Dear lollyduck,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Cala Millor Garden and for posting your review on Tripdvisor.

I am sorry that you did not enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt unwelcome, but I have to point out that the bar closing time is actually midnight. It was not personal; you will understand that there must be a closing time.
As for the night porter, I do apologize for his unusual behavior. I will ask him personally.
Anyway, I have to say that we are a hotel that offers peace and quite, our customers come here to relax and we have to live up to their expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cala Millor
#7 of 24 in Can Pastilla
UR Palacio Avenida
UR Palacio Avenida
#46 of 74 in Palma de Mallorca

Been to Hotel Cala Millor Garden? Share your experiences!