“Good hotel”

Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Cala Millor
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a four day mini break.
The whole hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly, kind and helpful.
The food is ok for a three star hotel. The service in the restaurant was very quick and attentive.
The cocktails were awful. They came out of a machine and tasted terrible.
My friend and I booked two massages, which were lovely.
It is a four minute walk to the beach and three minutes to the town centre.
It is a very good three star hotel, and we enjoyed our stay.

5 Thank kika999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Polish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

spent a good 8 days at this better than I expected 3* hotel which is a mostly german hotel but the staff speak very good english and are very polite friendly and helpfull the rooms are clean with clean towels every day pool towels available at reception sunbeds could do with an update but pool area nice & clean pool bar & staff excellent and the entertainment team certainly put everything they,ve got into there shows I wish I had there energy by the way you guys grease lightning on thursday night was fab,the food was ok but it would be nice to have something other than pizza to accompany the very nice sellection of salad every day handy location for shops & beach & also the many lovely walks along the headlands all in all a very pleasant holiday with my brother & sister in law and yes if I was looking for cheap & cheerful I would go back to this hotel its the best 3* I,ve ever been to

Room Tip: pool view rooms on south side get most of the sunshine
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathleen M
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

As a couple with our son and his girlfriend we have just returned from a 1 week stay at this hotel and can only give an honest opinion as follows. Upon checking in at midday we were greeted by friendly english speaking reception staff who gave us a complimentary welcome drink. We were able to access our rooms immediately which were very clean and roomy with a view over the garden area & the hotel next door (not a problem). The friendly housemaid maintained our room throughout the whole week (cleaning & changing towels etc). It is fair to say the hotel was predominantly occuppied by german guests although we did not find this a problem as they were very friendly and respectful. When going for our evening meal we were allocated our own table for the week, however on the first night we found this table occupied by germans who were not due to leave the hotel until the next day, The dining room manager moved them to another table so that we could take our seats. The food was predominantly to cater for the germans but saying that we never left the dining room hungry. We were half board and pleased that we had not gone all inclusive as this suited us. The hotel was well placed for the shopping centre, bars, beach and bus stops. In particular behind the hotel was an english bar, The Sportsman, which was ideal for the football but also Angie the owner made sure my wife didn't miss her "soaps" as they had 3 widescreen tv's. We enjoyed the trips to the zoo at Sa Coma (free bus service), a day trip to the aquarium and Palma (booked by the hotel on our behalf) and hired a 4 seater bike for the day and went to Cala Bona, Sa Coma and the Castille (well worth it). As it was our wedding anniversary whilst we were there the hotel suprised us with a bottle of wine delivered to our room. The indoor pool was nice and warm and clean and there were always sunbeds available around the outside pool. We would recommend this hotel and will be looking at booking again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank davmar1234567
Garden H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Cala Millor Garden, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear davmar1234567,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hotel Cala Millor Garden and for your excellent review on Tripadvior.

It is a pleasure to know that our customers are enjoying their holidays with us and that our job is so well valued. I am thrilled to know that you will visit us again and will recommend us.

Your words “excellent hotel” are the real gift. Thank you again on behalf of the hotel staff.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

returned 16 october when ibookedholiday requested a sea view room if possible was given room1612 what a lovely view the gardens &pool area nice&clean plenty of sunbeds staff pleasant food ok entertainment ok very handy for shops bars &beach only downside the tables chairs in dinning room bit close together will stay here again

Room Tip: rooms on sixth floor best views
2 Thank ARTHUR B
Garden H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Cala Millor Garden, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Arthur B,
Thank you very much for your splendid review on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to know that you made the most of your stay with us, that you would recommend us and that you will visit us again.
We look forward to welcoming you back and wish you a nice winter.
salisbury uk
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in Oct. Stayed in room 1224 this was a addapted room but it was difficut to get to the windows as I could not get my wheelchair between the end of the bed and the settee though the receptionness who helped me did try to rearange this but could not. Hotel was good and food plentyfull. One thing, I went to see the indoor pool and when I came out of the lift and went forward because I was in a wheelchair and the floor is very shiny I failed to see two steps and went down them. I think there should be a notice to warn of this. I would like to say that all in all the staff were very helpfull especially after my fall thank you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jancatlover
Dear Jancatlover,
Thank you very much for booking our hotel and for your lovely review on Tripadvisor.
I remember your accident and I am glad to know that you felt helped, welcomed and cared. I was really worried about you because you were traveling alone and, even though the stairs and the ramps are already marked by a special band, we thank you for your suggestion. Improving is always possible.
We wish you a nice winter and hope to welcome you back soon.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have just returned from a 4 night break and I can honestly say I have never met so many ignorant staff all in one place. The night porter is especially bad, we dared to stay up after midnight and sit in reception talking after guests were asked to leave the bar so they could lock up at midnight and without warning he turned all the lights out in reception. I have never felt so unwelcome in my whole life. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they wanted to be treat like they were naughty children - no enjoying yourself at anytime or you will be frowned on.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and very quiet.
Dear lollyduck,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Cala Millor Garden and for posting your review on Tripdvisor.

I am sorry that you did not enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt unwelcome, but I have to point out that the bar closing time is actually midnight. It was not personal; you will understand that there must be a closing time.
As for the night porter, I do apologize for his unusual behavior. I will ask him personally.
Anyway, I have to say that we are a hotel that offers peace and quite, our customers come here to relax and we have to live up to their expectations.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Well, what can I say. When I first arrived, I was not impressed with my room. The reason being is, I asked for high rise, and sea view. I arrived late, and after traveling all day I did not ask reception about the choice of my room. When I asked the receptionist (I will not name him) I was told that the manager had just left, and if I wanted to change rooms there may be a charge of £25.00. Thursday arrived, I saw the manager. Cherum, I think that is his name, my apologies if not, After me explaining the situation, he checked and informed me to come back to him (Friday) and another room would be allocated. My room?... fantastic, fifth floor, sea view and sunshine on the balcony all day. Yes, I certainly would go back to this hotel, the staff are extremely happy and cannot do enough for their guests. I traveled alone, my wonderful daughters treated me to this holiday for my 67th birthday. The food is good for a three star hotel. I can see why 'Trip Advisor' awarded this hotel 5 stars. I did not ever feel alone, and I thank the staff who made my stay one of the best holidays I have ever had. On rainy days I went to the gym and swam in the pool. The water is invitingly warm. The hotel has excellent entertainment. The day time, music is played, not blaringly loud. Happy music, German, English and Spanish. At the same time the hotel is a peaceful environment. Perfect for all, couples, singles and friends.

Thank you to all the staff, you made my holiday a sheer delight.

Room Tip: Sunny rooms are 1606 ansd downwards ie: 1506, 1406 ect::::
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Yvonnesarah
Garden H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Cala Millor Garden, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Yvonnesarah,

Thank you for you incredible review on Tripavisor. We are not perfect but we try to do our best and your comment about the professional and kind behavior of our reception is really a gift to me (you do not need to apologize because the Head Receptionist’s name is Chema and it is an unusual name even in Spain).

I am also very glad to know that we could “make your holiday a sheer delight”.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you a nice winter.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cala Millor
AluaSoul Palma
AluaSoul Palma
#7 of 24 in Can Pastilla
Be Live Adults Only La Cala Boutique

Been to Hotel Cala Millor Garden? Share your experiences!