We have just returned from a fabulous 2 week half board holiday at the Playa Del Moro hotel which is literally 20 paces from the sandy beach. The hotel, which is flanked either side by side streets which have minimal traffic, was very clean and tidy and our room faced northwards which meant it remained cool all day. The buffet meals catered for all tastes although I found that a lot of the salads contained onion which I can't eat and we felt that the dishes need to be labelled better as it was sometimes difficult to tell what they were. But having said that the food was plentiful and was always being replaced. You are allocated a table from night one for dinner but you can sit anywhere on the terrace for breakfast which is lovely as you overlook the pool and have a great view of the sea. Note that chaps are required to wear long trousers for dinner which is not mentioned at all in the hotel brochure. The majority of the guests (95%) were German which is usually a good sign as they demand high standards and they were certainly met. The only thing is that they tend to reserve sunbeds from very early in the morning until late afternoon and sometimes don't use them (this is despite the fact the hotel rule is not to reserve sunbeds). You can hire hotel towels for the sunbeds but we don't the cost. We met a couple who had been to the hotel the previous year and we would certainly go back. Calla Millor is a lovely resort with a variety of shops (cheap and cheerful and more exclusive) and great bars. If you like walking you can walk along the seafront one way to Sa Coma and then along the other way to Calla Bona. Whilst I don't think it's an adult only hotel there were only 2 children during our 2 week stay and the hotel didn't look as though it was geared up for children with kids clubs etc as some hotels are. All in all it was excellent and we would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Playa del Moro offers a perfect beach holiday at one of the popular places of Majorca. Because of the ideal location of the hotel, you've got the possibility to reach many spots and do many different activities in your holidays. In the beautiful area of Cala Millor in the northeast of the island, you can find the SENTIDO Playa del Moro. The hotel is directly located at the sandy beach and just a seafront is between the sea and the hotel. At the seafront you can find many restaurants and bars where you can enjoy local food and beverages. The airport of Palma is 70 km away from the SENTIDO Playa del Moro. Regarding the meals, the SENTIDO Playa del Moro prepares fresh buffets with Mediterranean and international meals. From the terrace you've got a wonderful view of the surroundings. At the pool bar of the SENTIDO Playa del Moro, you've got the chance to enjoy the fresh drinks. You can find a pool and a separate children pool in the garden of the SENTIDO Playa del Moro. Moreover, in the spa area you can find an indoor pool and a various number of wellness treatments. In the gym you can make your workouts and stay fit during your holidays. The SENTIDO Playa del Moro has got 152 rooms in total. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Playa del Moro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Del Moro Hotel Cala Millor
- Playa Del Moro Cala Millor
- SENTIDO Playa Del Moro Cala Millor, Majorca