I stayed here with my mother from sat.19th to sat 26th october 2013.i had read most of the reviews on the sentido castell de mar,mostly they were very good ,there has been a few poor reviews which i believe are inaccurate and i cannot see how anyone can fault the hotel except for some very minor reasons that i will detail at the end.The staff were courteous and helpful,the room was well equipped and had a good sized balcony with a great view onto the pool,promenade and beach it was nice to open the balcony door on a morning and watch and hear the tide coming in.some people in reviews said the beds were hard,ours were fine,i can only think that these people must sleep in worn out beds at home! The ensuite bathroom had wc,sink,and bath with shower.we had a modern LG tv with a great picture and it had english channels on itv etc as well as many german channels.we had a double wardrobe with a safe in it.The safe operated by key so not an electronic keypad model,was easy to use,it cost €21.20 for the week and you get €10.00 back for returning the key.we had booked our holiday through Thomas Cook.we had requested a high floor so as to have a good view,our room was 813.the corridor leading to our room was quiet and smart.one of the latest reviews said the hotel had two major flaws or faults,one,being the free wi-fi that you couldnt sign into,where were these people?in the hotel next door?i used the wi-fi daily when i was sat in my room and by the pool and when i was sat in reception with no problems.if you wish to use the pc in reception it costs €1 for 12 minutes or €2 euros for 30 minutes.The dining room,at breakfast you sit where you want the nicest place being outside overlooking the pool.at your evening meal you sit at the same table every night.the food choice is vast and its buffet so you can get as much as you like,i often went back for seconds.i am a fussy eater but there was always something for me to eat.there was often themed nights eg.chinese,mexican,indian,spanish etc there was often lots of fish and seafood available.my favourite meal was breakfast the sausages and bacon tasting like or even better than we have at home.fresh fruit at both meal times and on an evening the puddings were lovely.reception offers a phone deal for the hotel phone in your room,unlimited calls to landlines in your home country for only €10.00 euros thats great value.A Great bar just at the rear of the hotel,on the promenade called cafe del sol had live music everynight.you felt really safe walking around this resort at any time the only hazzard on the long flat prom being the cyclists but they do have their own lane,and its amazing how many different vehicles you can hire to ride along here! If you need a beach/pool towel you can hire one at reception for €10 euros which you get back when you return your towel.some reviews said staff werent very friendly,we only had one encounter of this.mostly they cant do enough for you.the hotel drinks prices are reasonable ,cocktails start at €4.90,a small beer is€1.85 a large beer is €2.90 although i dont think that was a pint.i sat at the poolside with drinks bought cheaply at the spar shop next door! Theres a mini bar in your room we never bought from it but stored our own drinks in it.the resort has hundreds of cafes and bars but it is geared up for families so its not rowdy.a very nice cafe close to the hotel opposite a hotel called the An-ba romani hotel is called Eis cafe La sirena they serve great coffee.the pool area of the castell de mar is big with over a hundred quality sunbeds and a good sized but Cool fresh pool.the indoor pool being just as cool but has a heated jacuzzi.theres also a sauna and spa.The local resort of cala bona is a short 5 minute walk north,if you go south a 25 minute walk or ride on the bus for €1.85 one way you reach Sa Coma its quieter here but the beach is much nicer.The only very slight negatives from me on this hotel are,the bathrooms could do with an extractor fan,the lifts could do with air-con,rooms need more drawers for your clothes,at meal times there should be more signs on all food,perhaps more english type food at dinner available would be good,the indoor pool should be heated,the guests are mainly german people mostly old,this is not a huge problem as most are friendly.All in All this hotel is Great! We will be booking again! Perfect location,spotlessly clean everywhere ,good food,great nights sleep,great view,good staff.perfect location for couples or families.ROGER CLARKE HARROGATE OCTOBER 27 2013.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of the most privileged places in the Bay of Cala Millor, right in front of the Beach, between the Pedestrian zone and beach Promenade, with an unobscured view of the Cristal clear Mediterranean , where the Guest can enjoy and watch the Sailing Boats go by, the long and attractive Beach and the Nature Reserve of Punta de N Amer. With Its privileged Location and all the necessary facilities for the modern day traveler the SENTIDO Castell de Mar will make your Holiday unforgettable. The SENTIDO Castell de Mar**** has 12 floors and 230 Rooms and all offering Sea View which allows you to enjoy the incredible Sunrises. All Rooms have Satellite TV and flat screen TV, Air condition /Heating, Wifi (free), Pillow menu (4 types to choose) and Minibar. The SENTIDO Castell de Mar **** is situated in close proximity of Golf Courses namely Pula Golf, Golf Son Servera, Golf Canyamel and Golf Capdepera,etc. Golf Packages can be done for groups and individuals on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your SENTIDO Castell de Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Castell De Mar Hotel Cala Millor
- Castell De Mar Cala Millor
- Castell De Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Castell De Mar Cala Millor, Majorca