We must have arrived behind another coach as the queue for check in was oiut to the pavement but they were so organised that each couple's check in was speedy.
On arrival in our room I saw what previous reviewers had meant about dated. Even the biggest fans of the Talayot would have to admit they are basic but functional albeit on the large side.
However on pulling back the curtains the wonderful sea view made up for the dated furnishings.
If you want to sleep before midnight request a pool view room at the back as the entertainment will keep you awake until midnight.
We normally book apartments so are used to making our own entertainment but we found the guy organising it to be very friendly and helpful when we did pop in for a drink in the bar.
We found the staff to be really good apart from the little bar waiter who was ok and the night reception chap (brother ?) who was a little offhand but not quite enough to receive some verbal from me.
One bad point in the restaurant there was a table near us with a young child and for 2 days the mess the child made was on the floor near their table it definitely had not been cleared up.
We found the food to be pretty good about what we expected or maybe a little better.
One other minus point is the lack of beach nearby which I haven't seen mentioned.
The main C Millor beach is not far but the hotel is on a rocky but with no sand nearby whereas the Levante is directly on a sandy beach.
We found bar prices ok Pint of beer E2.30 and bottle of wine E9 and coffee E1.80 bottle of water E1.80 but avoid a half pint of beer which is poor value at E1.80
they have a happy hour in the bar with a bit off certain drinks every evening but it is not half price or 2 for 1.
Our main complaint was room remperature. The room was always hot and the air con only blew hot air which left us with a very noisy fan and an open patio door to let the breeze in.
It was strange that we both had probably our worst sleep ever on holiday due to the previous + the rock hard pillows (bolsters) even though the hotel is generally quiet with only a handful of ignorant people coming back to theor rooms pissed in the early hours.
Overall a lovely holiday and the amount of German visitors in the resort told us that C Millor is a bit more upmarket than the Palma end with its union jack shorts crowd.
Oh and great cycle paths as well if you hire bikes (E5) so you can see other places
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Talayot is a 3-star hotel in Majorca which enjoys an excellent location at the seafront, in a pedestrian area on the Bay of Cala Millor, surrounded by a virgin coastline that makes up Punta Amer Natural Reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Talayot reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talayot Hotel Cala Millor
- Talayot Cala Millor
- Hotel Talayot Cala Millor, Majorca