“Just Right!”
Review of Hotel Voramar

Hotel Voramar
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Cala Millor
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had booked a side sea view room but when we arrived we were told that the hotel was full and they had to put us in a full sea view room? When we got up to the room there was no electricity, but that problem was sorted within an hour.Our room was fabulous with a fantastic view of the seafront which is just over the road. This is a mainly german hotel which is spotlessly clean with friendly, efficient and knowledgeable staff and good food. We will definitely go back there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stopped off for coffee on the terrace of this Hotel over looking the Promenade at Cala Millor. Staff welcoming and friendly, decent cup of coffee and good location to watch the world go by. Interior of this hotel/restaurant seemed a little dated.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnhp702
Reviewed November 20, 2013

thought the 1st time was good, but the 2nd time was even better. The staff are brill, remembered us and they ase so friendly. We were the only Irish there, again, but every other guest did their best to talk with us, as they are mostly German.
The stunning beach is just across the road, and it is stunning.
We would have like a carvry at least 1 night a week.
Booked to go back in May

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a lateral sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marybakilkenny
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Voramar. I had half board and the food was delicious. The staff were helpful and friendly and the location, right opposite the beach, is great. The one disappointment was my room. I booked a single room and was given one at the back of the hotel facing into the air shaft between buildings. Almost all the other rooms have balconies and as the hotel was not full during my stay it would have been brilliant to be upgraded. Also all the TV channels are in German as most of the guests were German. It would be nice to have one or two English channels.

Room Tip: As long as you are not single I think all the rooms would be great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank 372Annie
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have just returned from 7 days in Calla Millor with a group of 5 male friends. We all booked single rooms on a B&B basis and found the hotel was exactly what we wanted.
The hotel and rooms were immaculately clean and were a credit to the cleaning team. The bar was good and the location excellent and it was located just over the road from a sandy beech. As I said we had booked breakfast with our rooms and although open until 10.30 only two of us made it and that was our last day so feel it unfair to comment on the quality but it was edible

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Completely happy with the hotel and service. The staff is responsive and friendly, always provide the necessary assistance. The hotel shares the sea promenade, here drive cars and motorcycles, so it's best to have a room above the second floor. Excellent sandy beach and ends at 50 meters from the hotel, further towards Cala Bona stones.
    The room is small but has everything you need. Balcony with side sea view was quite good. The maid cleaned the room clean every day, leave a tip did not take.
    Dining in the restaurant is quite normal, unless you come to a gastronomic tour. For breakfast, if the proposed alternate meals can have a variety for 8 - 9 days. Dinners always had some new dish. The restaurant staff are always friendly and willing to help. Special thanks to Miquel, who was very courteous and gallant.

Room Tip: better to take a room above the second floor, to hear less street noise and the sound of the restaur...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Liudmila I
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I chose this hotel with the help of an agency and to say the truth, I chose it because it was almost on the beach.

My first impression on the hotel was neutral since the reception, not being luxurious, it was not decrepit (I remind you that this is a 3 star hotel). When we got to the rooms... well I really wanted to exchange to another hotel: they gave me twin beds (which I hate) and the lights didn't worked. We complained about this and, regarding the bed there was nothing they could do since there was no request from the agency for a double and the hotel was full but they solved very quickly the lighting problem.

On the morning, we noticed that we did not had water on the flush recipient. And, once again I complained about this and they also solved this problem.

Then we went down to have breakfast... and another problem: my girlfriend is celiac and they didn't had the notification the agency told they would send. This first day she had to have a poor breakfast because there was only a few things she could eat (fruits and almost nothing else). But for dinner they already had everything alternative gluten and lactose-free like milk, ham, bread, cheese, compotes,...

These were the problems that we had and where solved really fast. I must say I had a first day almost regretting having chosen this hotel but, as the day passed this feeling disappeared and with dinner it finally went away.

I have read a few reviews stating that the food was crap. Some people back home also warned us that the food in Mallorca was horrible. Well. I must say that I am not a gourmet taster but I really like food and I do think I have some good taste when it comes to food and let me say that I was always waiting for dinner time (we have chosen breakfast and dinner because we expected to have lunch on the beach sometimes and go out to know the island and have lunch somewhere else). Although it was not as varied as I expected, the food was extremely tasty and with very good presentation. For the breakfast the same: not having a huge selection (and some things I simply did not tried since they seemed too much for my Portuguese stomach) the food was very tasty and the scrambled eggs, sausages,… were always hot and quickly re-supplied.
I gained two kilograms because of that!

The staff was very friendly and nice, always asking if everything was OK or if you needed something. And you didn't had to wait much to see your requests fulfilled.

The location was just fabulous! The hotel is some 20 meters from the beginning of the beach and exactly in the middle of two private areas (well not private but you had to pay for the chair and straw umbrella. There is no other hotel with such a proximity. Believe me.

I was a little afraid with some reviews but I also noticed that they are a bit old and I guess that they have made some improvements since then. In fact, to be better it would turn a four star hotel.

Room Tip: Top front rooms with awesome view and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple