“Nice hotel, wouldn't go back!”

Hipotels Cala Millor Park
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Cala Millor
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Bad points

Mostly geared up for German guests, staff often greeted us in German, most mini disco songs were in German but then that represents the majority of their guests. Nothing against the German guests, everyone we came across was lovely but it wasn't nice not to feel a priority.

Wouldn't rate 2 of the reception staff - quite rude when we said our air con wasn't working (most people we spoke to also had non-functioning air con so they must only turn it on when it gets extremely hot - I chose a hotel with air con as I have a young child so this was not what I paid for!) THEN when we checked out we were presented with a bar bill - we paid for all inclusive - and the bill was for a house wine and beer, the bar man made my partner sign for the drinks but failed to tell him why, he just presumed it was because he was taking glasses up to the room! We refused to pay for drinks that were included in our all inclusive package so they called the bar manager who came to reception took one look at the bill and said we didn't have to pay. So for the sake of 8 euro and the 2 reception staff's poor attitude put a dampener on our entire holiday!

Pool bar at night is table service - you ll get thirsty waiting for them to come to you if you sit by the kids park then if you go to the bar they ll tell you to sit down for table service. It was mainly one waiter who wouldn't venture over to our table but he was the one working most nights we were there.

Good points

Lovely modern hotel, very clean, some cardio machines in the gym, good sized kids and main pool, good selection of food in the restaurant, close to beach, most restaurant staff were wonderful with our son especially Paola - she was lovely.

Overall

Nice hotel, very clean, nice food but the poor service from the minority of staff has put a dampener on our holiday so we won't be going back.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Georgie43
There are newer reviews for Hipotels Cala Millor Park

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have come back from my ALL INCLUSIVE holiday at Hipotels Cala Millor Park as if I have been in a dream – the place was THE best.
The food was so good I ended up putting on 8lbs in the two weeks I was there. Absolutely huge selection, including salads, hot dishes, pasta, pizza, fish, roasts, cakes, mousses, icecream, chocolate fountains. In between the snacks also suffice, at the pool bar area you can help yourself to a toastie, cake or icecream whenever you feel like it.
The drinks were superfluous with a huge range to choose from and the alcoholic measures included pints and large glasses of wine along with massive shots of liquer. Soft drinks and hot drinks were aplenty too. My fave being the Banana Liquer. There were also about six cocktails on the all inclusive menu.
Hotel staff were all friendly from entertainment staff, to managers, to waiters right through to the cleaners. All were courteous and welcoming.
The Entertainment staff were a team of four and they really kept all going both through the day and night. My three year daughter loved Mini Club so much she often forfeited swimming in the pool! They were open a couple of hours in the morning and a further hour and a half in the afternoon. The club was also very close to the pool and bar area and so we had no worries leaving her in there. Also, the staff were so good I wasn’t worried in the slightest about leaving her alone.
Evening entertainment sufficed – nothing all that professional, but I enjoyed it. Ranging from Flamenco Shows to Parrot Shows. Especially enjoyed the Hipotels own shows due to the craziness of the onsite entertainment team – very funny!
Location was perfect with both beach and main shopping area being only a 5min stroll away. The beach is beautiful and you are charged 4EUROS for a sunbed and the same for an umbrella. Shops were, as far, as such resorts go, pretty good too. A lot of the same stuff but thats what is expected in a holiday resort.
Pool was perfect for all and there was a separate very shallow baby pool too which was ideal when the adults didn’t want to join my daughter for a swim. Steps go into the pool and it is cleaned to a high standard each day with abundant sunbeds all around.
All in all, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

2  Thank Lisa2465
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned home yesterday after a 2 week All Inclusive holiday at this hotel. The whole holiday was amazing and this was down to the high quality and facilities of this wonderful hotel. My husband and I travelled with my daughter, her husband and our granddaughter and on arrival we were given a free upgrade to two junior suites next door to each other.
The hotel was spotless and the cleaners and staff busy all day long. The rooms we were given were spacious and had a massive shower and a large balcony. A bottle of water was always available in our room each day and there was a fridge if you wished to use it with no additional charge. The rooms also had a safe which was in the wardrobe and this was charged for at 12 euros per week if you wished to use it.
As we had booked all inclusive, which I would strongly recommend to everyone, we had breakfast, lunch and evening meal and the meals were to die for. I am sure we have all come home much heavier than we started as the food was so well presented (a work of art), it was very varied (just about everything you could possibly want) and it was all fresh and well cooked and if you wanted a hot meal, it was hot. The displays of food each day was just amazing and you didn't know what to try first. Also, if you wished, you could miss your lunch in the restaurant and just have a poolside snack. You could make your own toasties from a selection in the poolside fridge and select cakes or biscuits and of course ice creams and lollies. They even had a slush puppy machine which again, you helped yourself to.
You could eat and drink all day long if you so wished and the selection of soft drinks and alcoholic drinks at the poolside bar was never ending. You could choose from a large variety of cocktails, including non alcoholi cocktails, spirits, beers, again, well presented.
I've never seen the staff of any hotel work as hard as they did at this one and every day, they seemed very upbeat and happy and friendly - you couldn't get nicer and friendlier staff - nothing was too much trouble.
The pool was great as it is quite large with a small circular shallow kiddies pool separate from the main pool. Also, the main pool had steps gradually going into the pool with handrails which made it much safer for people like myself with mobility problems and also for children. Even though the Germans were up to their old tricks of putting towels out on unbeds in the morning, there were plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas to go around and therefore going down early to save a bed was not really necessary.
Moving onto the entertainment team; well they were just great and were busy all day ( I don't know where they get their energy from). There was a variety of activities during the day if you wished to join in which included things like water arobics, table tennis, water polo, football + others and there was also a small kiddies club which the entertainment team run which was open a few hours in the morning and again in the afternoon. They did a variety of things to entertain the children (which all appeared to be under 6 or 7 years old from around 3 years old). Face painting seemed popular and they painted tee-shirts one day and did drawing, making things and played on the small play area for children. I know our granddaughter just loved it and wanted to go every day after she had had her swim in the pool.
Regarding evening entertainment - again this was very varied and although they acts were not top entertainers they were good fun. The hotels entertainment team also put on shows and I have to say that one of the best we saw was when they did the "Mamma Mia" show - it was funny and lively.
We had the best ever holiday with this hotel and if going back to Cala Millor in the future, we would certainly book this hotel again but you need to book early, as it gets booked up very fast. Also, even though the hotel was about 75% German, it didn't matter at all. If anything, the only negative I could possible think of is the TV channels in our room. We got the BBC WorldNews and Sky News channels in English but nothing else. There were dozens of channels to choose from but all in either German or Spanish and I think the odd French ones. Evenso, that is not really a negative; after all, who really goes on holiday to watch TV!!!
With regard to location, it is perfect - about 50 metres from the beach and shops all around the hotel and the main shopping area which is pedestrianised is about 100 metres away yet all around the hotel it is peaceful, spacious and quiet.
Finally, I would also like to just mention, that we all seemed to have the best nights sleep whilst at the hotel - memory foam mattresses which were just too comfy sometimes & we found it difficult to get up some mornings.
We offer a big thank you to all the staff at the hotel in making our holiday so enjoyable and if all Hipotels are of this standard, then I will certainly book with them again.

Room Tip: Email the hotel if you wish a special location for your room - they are very obliging and will try a...
2  Thank AntiqueFan
Reviewed June 18, 2013

A family of ten stayed here at the end of May/beginning of June. An amazing start to the holiday when we were told on check-in that the 4 standard rooms we had booked had been upgraded to junior suites for free. Our age ranges were from a 1 year old all the way up to a 70 year old so we all had different expectations and this hotel does not disappoint.
All rooms were spacious, very clean and faced the ocean (including free access to wifi). It is true that the majority of the hotel guests are German and this means that a small number of features are orientated towards them (more German television channels, evening entertainment mostly German, German football games in the lounge area rather than English), however, I found no other bias by the staff and can only compliment the management as they are very receptive to any problems you may have and encourage feedback. One example was a leaky tap and on calling reception, someone came up to fix it within 5 minutes, another was a family member who lost the key to their luggage and once again, within 5 minutes, the hotel had removed the lock for them. Excellent service!
The food was good quality and was certainly the best organised all inclusive buffet I have been to, even managing to seat ten people together the majority of the time. We could always find loungers by the pool, once again even managing to organise enough for us all to sit together, surprisingly not finding the loungers with towels on at 9am (not that I would stereotype the typical guest). We enjoyed having the kids play area, table tennis, 5 a-side football pitch, archery, water polo, etc etc, even managing a friendly game of footy against the German guests.
The hotel is situated ideally with a 2 minute walk to shops/great beach/amusements for kids, a special mention to the petrol go karts as well, loads of fun.
The one piece of advice I would give this hotel is that red wine is served at room temperature, not chilled, we mentioned this a few times and only one waiter went away and came back with a non chilled couple of glasses. Most waiters looked puzzled or explained they could not provide what we wanted. That aside, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and it's staff were great hence the score of 5. For what you would class as a mainstream hotel, it certainly ranks at the top end.

1  Thank Smithers001
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for just 4 nights on AI basis. Room was decent size and very modern with LCD TV on the wall. Bathroom was also spacious with huge walk in shower no bath.We were family of 5 included two kids sharing 2 rooms next to each other and all of us has found that good value for money. Food was good even for me consider I am quite fussy eater. I particularly enjoyed salads with good array of selection. Small tapas were also nice. In terms of food variety dinner was the best meal I found compare to lunch and breakfast. There are 2 pool in this hotel, small heated indoor and large freezing outdoor.Beach volleyball, an artificial football pitch where we played every day and night (they turned the lights on) and a kids play area are on site as well as table tennis.
I am very pleased with my choice, for the price I paid I don’t think I could have booked anywhere better AI for the same money.

Room Tip: Safari Zoo nearby is good when you travel with kids
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Having read many of the reviews of the Cala Millor Park, I hadn't picked up on the fact that it really is a hotel for families and as a couple we felt a bit overwhelmed. Yes, the majority of guests were German, (which explains the TV channels) but that didn't affect the hotel/holiday.
The hotel is very well situated for the beach and for Cala Millor itself, but it will take you longer to walk to Cala Bona than is suggested!
The sea view room was not a disappointment, just the opposite, apart from the air conditioning that is, but having looked at the previous review, I now know why! We had to sleep with the balcony window open which helped, but was noisy. Evening entertainment was dire.
We were all inclusive and the buffet food was fine, but not the best we have experienced.
Yes, I would recommend for families.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room ,good view and quieter at night, as the pool view rooms can be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had a fabulous holiday; first holiday alone with my daughter (age 6) and was a little nervous but felt completely comfortable and safe here - big factor. We stayed on a half board basis and thoroughly enjoyed the food both morning and night. Food (meat/fish) can be cooked to order in the evening which is a bonus. Pool was cold but that was probably because the weather had been cool up to our arrival. Staff were amazing; cannot stress enough how fabulous Franco is with the children - and his tongue in cheek evening entertainment for the adults had me laughing till my sides hurt. Jana and Victor also work tirelessly to entertain all. Mini club for the children is fab; room is near the pool so they are not far away at any time and the staff would shout (or phone) you if any problems- not that we had any. My daughter popped in for an hour or so a day (her choice not mine) and I sat at the bar reading my book :) Dada (bar) also always had a smile and a kind word.

Yes, on arrival I would say the hotel was probably occupied with around 80% german guests but as the week wore on more and more English guests started to arrive. We stayed on the 6th floor - sea view with enormous balcony - and were not disturbed by any noise whatsoever. Sea view has the sun in the morning, pool view has the sun in the evening. I had emailed the hotel prior to departure to ask for a high floor and a sea view; on arrival I was told I had been given a sea view room on the top floor with the biggest balcony - it was fabulous!!
I would most definately go back to this hotel; my daughter has already said she wants to go again next year. Only areas for improvement in my mind:
1. tea and coffee facilities in room
2. English newspapers available at reception

Thank you to all at Cala Millor Park for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet - sea view gets the morning sun Email the hotel with request and they do try to...