“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Cala Millor
london
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We was sent to stay in this hotel after checking out of our original hotel as it was so unsafe , unclean etc so when we was in a taxi on the way over we was scared as to what we would find but we needn't of worried as this place is lovely.

Upon our arrival we was told to go and eat while Toni checked us in, the food (plenty of it) was all excellent. There is always a wide range of dishes and at quitter times the meat is cooked to order so you know it's fresh. As we normally expect with the children (aged 10, 7, & 4) we expected some moans and groans about the food but even they couldn't fault it!

We ordered packed lunch one day and was surprised to find a sandwich, fresh cheese salad and a fresh melon salad.

we was given two rooms on the 5th floor, I was worried as my son is scared of lifts but after doing the 93stairs a couple of times I convinced him to use the lift and he said he'll only use that lift as it's posh!

The rooms are spacious with everything you need, the beds are so comfy and the shower has a lot of power!!

As it was low season there was plenty of sun beds around the pool and every time we used the indoor pool it was empty.

The entertainment was good and I can only assume it would get better when busier, there are sandwiches and ice creams and slush puppy's available all day and night at the bar.

The cleaner was wonderful and worked hard, I saw her cleaning a neighbouring room and she was pulling out all the side boards not just concentrating on the area in sight.

The beach is just around the corner and a nature reserve across the road, there are plenty of shops etc within walking distance.

All the staff we're lovely and so helpful, not once did we see anyone stressed or was anyone rude.

This hotel saved our holiday and no one in our party (5adults and 3 kids) had anything to complain about!

I would love to visit this hotel or one in it chain again.

1 Thank vickynfamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
LIVERSEDGE
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights from 9th to 14th April 2013 with my girlfriend and 13 year old son.

I'm an honest straight forward Yorkshire man, so will call a spade a spade, and give you my opinion, without bells and whistles.

Having recently returned form a trip to Mexico, having stayed in a hotel that was rather expensive, but could not be faulted, I was prepared to come down to earth with a bang, paying £400 for 5 nights led me to expect I would have to overlook a few faults.

I could not have been more wrong! We arrived at 7 in the evening to be greeted by Alexandra, who is the most helpful and friendly hotel receptionist I have ever come across, in many years of staying in many hotels in many countries. She spoke perfect English, and went way beyond what I would have expected. My girlfriend forgot a travel adaptor, Alexandra riffled through a drawer and lent us one. I mentioned I liked hill walking, and Alexandra produced an information pack and personally recommended some walks in the mountains. It is so refreshing to find someone with a smile, and who makes you feel genuinely welcome. But my surprise didn't stop there........ Over the 5 days I was there I found ALL the staff, hard working, friendly and helpful, a real credit to the hotel.
Our room was a good size, spotlessly clean, and was kept that way every day by the cleaning staff. Having had back problems for the past decade, I often have trouble sleeping in hotel beds (not their fault, but I have always dreamed of finding the perfect nights sleep in a hotel), this time I found it!!!!!!! A foam mattress, a quiet room (the hotel is at the end of the resort), and I slept like a baby, bliss!!

Food........ fine, something for everyone. I've had a lot worse in more expensive places.

Pool, never used it as the weather was fabulous and we hired a car and explored the beaches, but it looked clean and safe.

Negatives, Mmmmmm, if I were to be really picky, I did have to queue for the bar a couple of times, but unless you are one of those painful people who go on a holiday just to find fault and moan, it wasn't exactly a big issue. Can't think of another really.

Overall, a friendly (very friendly), clean, good value for money hotel. I would return, and probably will.

Oh one last thing, some people mention in their reviews, that this is a 'largely German' hotel. I got the impression is was about 50/50 and what's wrong with German people anyway, every German person I have ever talked to has been friendly and a good laugh.

5 Thank Roberttown2
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Booked last minute for an All Inclusive family holiday for a week over Easter 2013. Travelled with my wife and 2 boys ( aged 6 and 9 ) and upon arrival was dealt with quickly and efficiently. We were given a room on the 1st floor overlooking the park area at the rear of the hotel ( 110 ). Very spacious, very clean, comprising of large twin bedroom, decent sized patio, 2 x single sofa beds which the kids had, TV with limited english channels, mini kitchen, dining room table and chairs and a decent sized bathroom.
Linen was changed once during the week and towels as you needed. No real complaints about the rooms although shower wasn't brilliant as it is an overhead attachment with no real power.
As were all inclusive, we ate and drank each day/night in the hotel and were overall impressed with the buffet selection. Always a good breakfast selection with some excellent varieties at lunch and dinner. Food such as fresh cooked meat and fish available daily with other selections such as beef strognaoff, chicken curry, burgers, pizza, chips, pasta daily and a varied large salad bar. Sandwiches and ice creams available all day in the bar area, with a small cake selection in the afternoon also.
Drinks on the all inclusive was good. San Miguel on draft, Cava and the usual spirits and wine selections. Fruit juices, all soft drinks and slush puppy's included for the kids.
Entertainment was mixed. Kids club consisted of pirates day on the beach, colouring and crafts and a few activities that had to be paid for such as t-shirt painting and pony trekking. Evening entertainment was ok with some guest acts such as Brazilian night ( very good ), Flamenco night ( average ) and magician ( good ). There was a quiz and bingo on other nights and also a Champions League night when the Bayern Munich game was shown for the German guests. All nights finished early ( by 10pm ) with only background music played onto 11pm. This is the only area that could be improved as the guests all felt a DJ/Disco would have been great to carry the evening on. Dorka ( female childrens entertainer ) provided great enthusiasm for the kids who all seemed to love her.
Outdoor pool had plenty of sun loungers and as it shaded for half the day, the pool is pretty cold and so didn't really get used much at this time of year. Indoor pool is smaller and was mainly used by kids ( although not really supposed to be in there ) but worked fine for us with our boys. A small park area, a free table tennis table and a pool table at 2 euro's a game.
The area was ideal for us as the resort is flat, with access to the beach within 2 minutes. The hotel is located at the top end of the beach and is about a 10 minutes stroll into Cala Millor centre where there is a good selection of shops and activities for the kids.

All in all, a really enjoyable family holiday and excellent value for money. Would definately recommend to families.

1 Thank Nick W
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Booked a bargain break over easter for my family ( 2 adults 2 kids) every thing was great. Rooms spacious clean well presented dining was a joy good selection of meals on offer the wine was poor but plenty other options! Great service friendly staff. Pool area was smallish but never crowded and found it easy to keep an eye on kids. Plenty sun beds and brollies great big towels too.
Cant wait to return as the hotel is ina super spot by beach and a walk to the town. Highlyrecommended

• Stayed April 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Myself, husband and 10 year old son stayed here for one week early April during the school holidays. The hotel itself was around a 50/50 mix of English and German people, mostly families. Food the standard continental all inclusive buffet style fare, generally of a high standard with wine beer, fruit juice, fizzy drinks and water all available. Hotel public areas very clean, well maintained and modern. Staff all seemed friendly and ready to help with any questions you may have. We were in an apartment which was really large, loads of wardrobe space, tv, kitchenette, nice bathroom, small balcony with seating. Beach a 2 minute walk away. Pool area fairly small, not a problem when we were there but I should imagine it will be packed come summer. Inside pool heated and a godsend as weather a bit cool, 2nd floor sun terrace with shower and a gym on the first floor but we didn't use these. Overall a really lovely hotel, my only criticisms would be that for me personally, it's a bit too far from the main shops and bars, and the AI alcoholic drinks are noticeably watered down, although the wine in the dining room to be had with meals was very nice.

• Stayed April 2013
Rutland
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We ended up here as our first choice - The Cala Millor Park, couldn't accommodate a cot for our baby. We weren't disappointed - this is an excellent hotel.

It isn't on the same scale as some AI hotels and thus there isn't a choice of restaurants. However, my husband and I, and our 10 year old son, considered the food to be first class and easily comparable to some 5 star hotels we have stayed in before.

The staff were fantastic with our baby and I agree with the previous reviewer in that this really is a child friendly hotel. It felt really friendly and we enjoyed the fact that it wasn't a completely English dominated hotel.

The pool area is small and almost always in the shade but as the beach was so close this wasn't an issue. There was also a lovely sun terrace on the 2nd floor which was in full sun for most of the day.

We enjoyed the position of the hotel - about a 5 - 10 min walk to the centre of Cala Millor. It really didn't feel out of the way at all and it was nice to have the option of getting away from the hustle and bustle - particularly with a baby.

We would thoroughly recommend this hotel - particularly if you have children. It has a lovely friendly feel about it and I think the size of the hotel helps with this.

If you want lots of options of places to eat then this isn't for you. If you want a family friendly hotel with excellent food give it a try.

• Stayed October 2012
10 Thank vic75Rutland
OXFORD
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Excellent hotel. Very good for families with young children. Food superb. We would certainly visit again. We stayed at the hotel at the same time as the couple who have commented on the badly behaved children. This is a child friendly hotel where the staff respect children. Maybe it wasn't the sort of hotel for them but it certainly suited us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family