Booked last minute for an All Inclusive family holiday for a week over Easter 2013. Travelled with my wife and 2 boys ( aged 6 and 9 ) and upon arrival was dealt with quickly and efficiently. We were given a room on the 1st floor overlooking the park area at the rear of the hotel ( 110 ). Very spacious, very clean, comprising of large twin bedroom, decent sized patio, 2 x single sofa beds which the kids had, TV with limited english channels, mini kitchen, dining room table and chairs and a decent sized bathroom.
Linen was changed once during the week and towels as you needed. No real complaints about the rooms although shower wasn't brilliant as it is an overhead attachment with no real power.
As were all inclusive, we ate and drank each day/night in the hotel and were overall impressed with the buffet selection. Always a good breakfast selection with some excellent varieties at lunch and dinner. Food such as fresh cooked meat and fish available daily with other selections such as beef strognaoff, chicken curry, burgers, pizza, chips, pasta daily and a varied large salad bar. Sandwiches and ice creams available all day in the bar area, with a small cake selection in the afternoon also.
Drinks on the all inclusive was good. San Miguel on draft, Cava and the usual spirits and wine selections. Fruit juices, all soft drinks and slush puppy's included for the kids.
Entertainment was mixed. Kids club consisted of pirates day on the beach, colouring and crafts and a few activities that had to be paid for such as t-shirt painting and pony trekking. Evening entertainment was ok with some guest acts such as Brazilian night ( very good ), Flamenco night ( average ) and magician ( good ). There was a quiz and bingo on other nights and also a Champions League night when the Bayern Munich game was shown for the German guests. All nights finished early ( by 10pm ) with only background music played onto 11pm. This is the only area that could be improved as the guests all felt a DJ/Disco would have been great to carry the evening on. Dorka ( female childrens entertainer ) provided great enthusiasm for the kids who all seemed to love her.
Outdoor pool had plenty of sun loungers and as it shaded for half the day, the pool is pretty cold and so didn't really get used much at this time of year. Indoor pool is smaller and was mainly used by kids ( although not really supposed to be in there ) but worked fine for us with our boys. A small park area, a free table tennis table and a pool table at 2 euro's a game.
The area was ideal for us as the resort is flat, with access to the beach within 2 minutes. The hotel is located at the top end of the beach and is about a 10 minutes stroll into Cala Millor centre where there is a good selection of shops and activities for the kids.
All in all, a really enjoyable family holiday and excellent value for money. Would definately recommend to families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hipotels Bahia Grande Hotel is an impressive 4 star aparthotel located in the town of Cala Millor right in front of the beach. This cosy hotel has 159 rooms distributed in two buildings of six and seven stories and a great deal of facilities designed exclusively for making your holidays in Majorca, unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hipotels Bahia Grande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hipotels Bahia Grande Aparthotel Hotel Cala Millor
- Hipotels Bahia Grande Cala Millor, Majorca