“Could be better...”

Hipotels Bahia Grande
Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Cala Millor
“Could be better...”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Well the reviews are mostly correct,hotel is in a great place and so close to beach,rooms are well kept but food could be better what you had for lunch come back out at tea time as another dish, but food was quite good could be better. Ai drinks are poor small glasses for beer which is quarter pint no branded names here but still ok,had trouble with a barman being rude in Spanish about me and another guest told me this so I told manger to tell barman to stop being rude or I will stop him it was all different after this would I go back.... Yes I would,,and Mallorca is a family island and nice friendly people.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2012

As per other reviews this is a great hotel especially if you have young children under 7 ish as most of the entertainment is geared towards this age group. Hotel is spotless and the rooms are cleaned daily. The pool is quite small but so are most in the area I think its because of the close proximity to the beach. We went for a week all inclusive, the food was varied and always a good selection of meat, fish and salad. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The beach is lovely and just a 2 minute walk away, the shops in the main town centre are a nice 10 minute stroll away. I'm a very fussy traveller and I would recommend this hotel, if I was going to dig deep for critiscms it would be that the AI alcohol was not branded an the cocktails came out of a machine and were disgusting and the wine was not very nice - there are no bottles of water for your fridge or available at the bar just take away cups. The restauarant can get quite busy but the food is always replenished, the entertainment in the evenings was only worthy of a visit on 2/3 occasssions and the animation activities are better suited for younger children. All in all we had a great holiday the kids loved the slushes and ice cream and the other guests were a variety of nationalities and all polite and no lager louts... And the beds were very comfortable and although check in is at 4pm they had our room ready at 11am when we arrived.

Room Tip: Request a sea view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Balitelli
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have just returned from a 2 wk ‘AI’ stay here (27/07-10/08) with husband and 2 daughters (aged 14 & 10). It is a small hotel in an excellent beachfront location and only a few min walk away from the shops/centre. I was apprehensive about visiting Majorca (last visit 15 yrs ago) as I was worried there may be too many Brits (the type who moan about a lack of burger & chips and lager and too many locals) however it wasn’t and I was pleasantly surprised, so would be ideal if this suits you too. It was superb as it accommodates no British tour operators and very few British families (I’d say only a handful at any one time): I enjoy staying somewhere which accommodates lots of Spanish guests and this did, along with a good mix of others too, including German and French.

Both the hotel and bedrooms are always kept very clean and the rooms also benefit from being so spacious with the benefit of good air con and a fridge and looks just as it does on the photos. The girls enjoyed having 2 separate beds in the living area rather than having to share a bed. We were on the 5th floor overlooking other Hipotels and could also view the beach in part.

The food was very good and there was always something for us to eat (even for us: my eldest daughter and I both being vegetarians – we eat fish but no seafood) and always found a good selection. There was also the benefit of snacks available from 10am to midnight which included various ice creams (named brands included), a good range of sandwiches and slush puppies which you can just help yourself too.

There is entertainment on for most of the day for both adults and children: lots of various daytime activities for children plus darts, football etc. (would have liked to have done the aqua aerobics save for treatment for shoulder injuries). Also had mini disco every evening (though my 2 didn’t participate as I think they’ve outgrown the same songs after years in the Canaries!), followed by nightly shows etc. The team also run various trips and my daughters and husband participated in the horse riding trip which at €20 each was good value compared to what we pay here for horse riding, for approximately 1½hrs. As the town centre was really good – huge amount of shops on your doorstep we didn’t bother with a trip to the market as it seemed pointless and so didn’t hire a car either.

None of us ever had to queue at all really, testament to all the extremely hard working staff from the bar staff & waiters, animation team, reception and cleaners alike and found them all to be very friendly. I did notice however many guests don’t seem to appreciate this and very few actually tip: think they’re of the opinion that they’ve paid for AI and that’s it which is really quite rude and they’d benefit from a trip to the US!

If I were to pick any faults it would be that you can only get water by the glass/cup and not bottled, which I much prefer as I don’t drink alcohol/soft drinks during the day, though you’ll just have to order a couple at once to save on trips to the bar. Also, the fact that most of the sunbeds (all by a handful) are in the shade at some point for quite a while, as the pool area is quite small with a limited amount of sunbeds and dotted with many palm trees etc. The ones which were in the sun didn’t have the option of brollies too so you couldn’t really win (couple of my party needed the shade really). However, this IS NOT a criticism of the hotel and is probably only something which would bother the Brits! You don’t have to get up too early here if you’re not bothered about which sunbed you want, there were usually always some still available at 10’ish.

I WOULD recommend this hotel without a doubt, though unsure whether or not I’d be back immediately as I always like to try something different, suppose it would depend on any offers available at the time. If you’ve already booked then you’ll not be disappointed – enjoy! ;-)

Room Tip: Higher floors more likely to have a sea view/partial sea view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Mandy F
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Arrived late at night, man checking us in was lovely, offered to get us drinks and we went straight to our room. Welcome food was waiting for us on arrival; a salad pot, sandwiches, fresh fruit and water. Food was good, plenty of the usual all inclusive things salad, chips, cheeses. Good for a week stay, may become boring if you like a more varied diet... But was nice in my opinion. Room was clean and comfortable. Was at the end of the promenade so a bit far out if you want to go clubbing or into a busy town, we went for a relaxing time and were comfortable walking along the front to some more livelier bars. The pool was a little small, but adequate. Beach just a couple of minutes walk away was lovely and had a variety of water sports/activities on offer. A big German/Spanish clientele... Think we were the only English people there at the time. We were all inclusive and I think that meant second class guests to some of the staff (mainly bar) which was a shame as it let the majority down. The others were friendly and accommodating

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank becs00uk
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Myself and my husband went earlier this month (July 2012) and stayed for 4 nights and we really couldnt fault the hotels accomodation or food! Our apartment was spotless and we really were spoilt for choice when it came to the food. My top tip would be to hire a towel when you get there (deposit of 15 euro - but this is fully refunded) this can be changed daily and then returned at the end of the stay and also book a private transfer as we didnt do this an wished we had! Our transfer took ages and really shouldnt of - but this is no reflection on the hotel.
We didnt see any other english people while we were there but this really didnt bother us! The only slight negative was that the pool is quite small but the hotel is so close to the beach we spent most of our time there. The hotel also had a great selection of all inclusive drinks too including cocktails and sparkling wine.

Room Tip: Go for a studio you get a much bigger room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Emma H
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 7 days at the beginning of June. The rooms were spacious and cleaned well daily, with good views of the beach which was a couple of mins walk away. The beach was excellent with plenty of sunbeds. The food was excellent with a good variety for even the most picky of eaters. My kids loved the being able to get their own soft icecream and named icecreams free when on all inclusive. The staff at the hotel were very helpful. The only compalint was that the pool was very, very small which was a disappointment in an otherwise good hotel. Cala Millor was not bad, nice nature reserve next to hotel, with plenty to do with buses, bikes to hire and boat trips. We enjoyed going to the other resorts which were so easy to get to by bikes, small train or walking. Would go back there.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view room higher up, rooms lower down not so good views
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Bramble404
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2012

just stayed at the bahia grande cala millor 26/05/2012 all inclusive cant fault this hotel in any way
rooms are spacious and very clean, great variety of good food and the staff cant do enough for you especially the animation team who gave the kids a great holiday

Room Tip: all rooms are apartments with sea facing balcony overlooking pools as far as i can tell
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family