“hotel vista blava”

Elegance Vista Blava
Ranked #39 of 59 Hotels in Cala Millor
Reviewed November 18, 2011

hotel was full of french and germans and only a couple of british people food was basic and hotel room was good but very noisy with doors banging and beeping and the strip club across the road has well and truly closed down. if you wanted a drink it could be a struggle sometimes as they kept putting up a sign back in 10 mins gone for dinner

Room Tip: streetview rooms get traffic noise and your well in with the residents looking up at you
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank mark b

Reviewed October 22, 2011

Just spent four nights at the Vista Blava as a birthday treat. I will as honest as I can knowing we all have very different tastes. Room compact but had everything we needed and did not spend much time in there anyway. Did ask for pool or sea view but got street view which was interesting (not of the lap club) and a big balcony. Room was immaculate as was the rest of the hotel I cannot say I have stayed in a five star plus that was cleaner. Staff very friendly and we were not asked for tips at our visit. Food was good having a variety every day and always something we could eat. Breakfast – both continental and hot, lunch several choices – meat and fish, beer and wine on tap in dining room, dinner wider range of hot and cold food, always plenty and good salads. Third time all inclusive – others being Turkey and Greece and this was the best. Yes, most of the other guests were mainly French and German but we found them all to be very polite and manners were impeccable not queue pushing or piling their plates with food which was not eaten, unlike other AI we have stayed in. In fact it was my birthday on Wednesday and I opened my cards at the breakfast table. Out of the blue a man came over (German speaking) and played happy birthday on a harmonica and the whole dining room clapped. Brought a tear to my eye and made my day very special as did the young boy who came over to me at night to also wish me a happy birthday. Never had the same treatment at a hotel in England! We will definitely go back to this hotel. It was a short walk to the beach and you could then walk for miles in either direction along a promenade with lots of choices of places to eat and drink. Had a lovely lunch at Xaloc’s (just before the marina). Not usually my type of destination, lots of big hotels and quite built up but I was pleasantly surprised as this provided lots of options to just wander around and ‘people watch’. Must add we booked through Low Cost holidays and got a great deal £330 for both of us for everything including parking, baggage, transfers and hotel and it all went without a hitch.

Room Tip: Had room 433 - next to lift and was a little noisey but did not spoil holiday
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank devonfrog
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I had read mixed reviews before I booked, so I was hoping for the best whilst trying to avoid the worst!

The hotel caters mostly to the German/French market. There are no english channels whatsoever on the telly. There were approx 200 guests whilst I was there and approx 10 of them were english...
The staff work very hard (over 12 hr shifts) and really do do their best to ensure that the guests are well looked after(however, they do ask for tips).
The hotel is approx a 3-5 min walk from the beach, its a straight line to the beach basically! Very close!
FREE WIFI at the hotel.
Whilst the hotel is all inclusive, the bar is open between the hrs of 10am to 10pm only.

The things to be aware of:
The hotel does not provide towels for the pool, you need to provide your own.
The food isnt great...mediocre at best and very limited options if you are a veggie.
The pool is not heated and the ocean is actually warmer than the pool.
The hotel walls are very thin and you hear what your neighbours are doing(take ear plugs, you will be grateful that you did!)
If you are in a room towards the front of the hotel, there is a great possibility that you will be across the street from a brothal. It opens at midnight and carries on to the late morning hours, you will be able to hear the brothal if you are placed in one of these rooms, most often ironically enough, these are the family rooms.
The rooms are simple but basic, however, I found that my shower would leak and I flooded my bathroom/room with water daily, no matter how much I tried to ensure that water did not leave the shower.

Whilst the hotel does try to be family friendly, I wouldnt advise that you take children under the age of 6 unless you plan to spend minimal time at the hotel. The hotel does offer a very small play area, however, there is little else for the children to do(which means that they are often bored and then become a nuisanse to other guests). The average guest age is over 50, who prefers to read/sun bathe quietly by the pool.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Emme C
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We paid a budget price and expected a budget holiday!!
We were very positively surprised by all aspects of this hotel. The hotel and maid service was very efficient and clean. The food was excellent, it was all inclusive and considering it was a small privately run hotel there was an awful lot of choice available - lots of fresh fish, meat and pasta dishes every day, along with an array of fresh fruit and salad. Yes, chips were available everyday but you don't have to choose them with so many other pasta, potato and rice available too!
Rafael, the owner of the hotel, works extremely hard to please all of the people all of the time but of course some are not to be pleased!!
My son had an accident by the pool table, totally his own silly fault. Rafael was so helpful stepping way out of his 'line of duty'. He took myself and my son to the doctor and then on to the hospital for xrays etc. He did all the talking at these venues and translated for me - didn't charge a penny and was absolutely delighted that my son had not broken a bone.
Rafael was fantastic with all the children, clearly loving their company and games. He put on a full birthday party for my daughter and a friend she had met on holiday including hats, balloons, cake and candles - nothing was too much. No charge was made for this event either and all the children had a great time.
The hotel is not classed as a 'British' hotel, there are no UK reps etc. Most people were German or from the Netherlands and some from France.
The beach and shops are 2 minutes from the door and I never even noticed the 'Pole Dancing' club open nevermind hearing any noise from it. I certainly was never aware of anyone from that club coming to the Hotel.
All in all we felt we received an excellent holiday at a budget price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Dipyjag
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We had been very apprehensive about the hotel after reading mixed reviews on trip advisor!
We arrived at the hotel around midnight,check in went smoothly and we were informed there was a snack and drink available in the restaurant,which was a pleasant surprise.
The room was very clean,with air con, although it is a good job me and my partner are not overweight as we wouldn't have fitted in there or on the balcony!!However our friends did have good sized rooms.
The breakfast was fine and plenty to choose from,lunch and dinner was also fine, one of our friends is a fussy eater and she loved the food!!
The all inclusive drinks were also fine with a good range to choose from and also included pink and yellow slushes for kids!(hi twins)
We would definitely go to this hotel again and feel that we got what we paid for.
Far to many brits expect to pay a low price and get 5 star food and accommodation then when they don't they bame the hotel!!

Room Tip: Do take your own beach towels.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank berniebubble
Reviewed September 12, 2011

more negatives than positives for this hotel unfortunately!
hotel itself was opposite a strip club which we were never informed about before booking the holiday. what was slightly more disturbing was the fact that a number of the ladies from there were coming into the hotel itself looking for business! not an ideal situation when travelling with teenage children. the "entertainment" which we were told was a nightly event ranging from disco - karaoke to outside shows including flamenco dancing consisted of a disco on wed/sat nights by a very outdated dj! other than that u had to amuse yourself. the food was very repetitive and although none of my family are fussy eaters by teatime on the 3rd day we were finding it hard to choose anything to eat. living on chips for an entire week is not my idea of suitable food. however the salad bar was amazing :). one of my children had money stolen from the pool area and when we tried to report it got no satisfaction as the staff spoke very little english so we gave up. the hotel itself mainly catered for germans and while i have nothing aginst them unless u spoke german u got nowhere!
on the plus side the hotel itself was extremely clean and our rooms were done on a daily basis. its a 5min walk to the beach and shops and we found some lovely restaurants and bars in the resort itself. it also had a good selection of all inclusive drinks and there was no limit on how many u could get at a time.
on the whole we enjoyed our holiday as the english banded together in typical style and amused ourselves. its not somewhere i will be visiting again though!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stayed in this hotel from Augut 31st to September 8th. While we were here I was very pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness, service and facilities here at this hotel. The food was outstanding, considering it was all inclusive there was an awful lot of choice available - lots of fresh fish, meat and pasta dishes available every day, along with an array of fresh fruit and salad. Yes, there was chips every meal time but I only had them on the last day, just to be able to say I tried them! We had lunch boxes provided on our last day as we had a night flight home and even this was nice. The rooms were on the small side but when you consider how long you stay in them during the day, this is a small price to pay for an enjoyable holiday. The rooms were serviced daily by housekeeping which I was very surprised at, given it is a 3* property, this was very good. All rooms have air conditioning which was a God send when being there end of August in the high humidity! The whole hotel was very clean. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Not much evening entertainment, a disco on Wednesday and Saturday nights, which was ........ok!! But hey, there is a lot going on down in town anyway so this was cool. If you are worried about there being a stripclub opposite, dont be, it is not open every night, and when it is it is very inconspicuous and you cannot see in at all and also you cannot here loud music coming from there. This has been a really good, enjoyable family holiday and would go back again.

Room Tip: Some rooms face out onto the street, looking at apartments and the strip club, but others look over...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family